I always thought if you were a student you couldn't sign on for the dole, but some of my friends have said thats what they've been doing during the summer since they cant get any jobs.

Surely you can't do this as every uni student would be taking this and i've never heard of anyone doing it until tonight.

Not that it bothers me, I do have a job but its surprised me.

Thoughts?

PSN ID: ArranP
I'm from canada so I wouldn't know much about the education system there, but could it have something to do with the massive tuition increase in the UK?
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
As far as I know you shouldn't be able to but it might be just during the semester, I'm not sure. I think there's a lot of pride behind people not doing it if that is the case. You'll never know the feeling of abject shame of walking into the job centre with it's... usual denizens until you've done so.

Quote by Wesseem
I'm from canada so I wouldn't know much about the education system there, but could it have something to do with the massive tuition increase in the UK?

The tuition increase hasn't come through yet, students starting this year still pay the old rate and anyone who started studying before the rise has their fees frozen at the old rate as well.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Last edited by Zaphod_Beeblebr at Aug 22, 2011,
I did at college because it was a part time course under a certain amount of hours (under 16 i think, cant remember).

No idea about Uni though.
I'm not sure what the rule is for full time education. I doubt it, since you take out loans to pay for your uni shit.