its been more than a month since i diagnosed myself with tendinitis. my whole life revolves around my music/instruments. after a month of barely any guitar playing my wrist still hurt. what can i do?, going to the docter is out of the question. ive been wearing wrist splints every night. also i quit working out because it hurt my wrist. basically everything hurts my wrist including writing. am i stuck with this? im kinda going insane...
You may need to go to the doctor.

Also, start taking glucosamine. Its a supplement that promotes joint strength.

Edit: Scratch that first one. Go to the doctor. It is probably necessary right now. Do it.
Understand nothing, in order to learn everything.

Quote by liampje
I can write a coherent tune ... But 3/4? I play rock, not polka.
Last edited by vampirelazarus at Aug 22, 2011,
Wait. Why is going to a doctor out of the question? Y'know without proper treatment you could really ruin your playing in the future?
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
You DEFINITELY need to go to the doctor.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Also, re-examine your technique. I just got over tendonitis, and i found out it was from poor fretting hand posture. So, look at that.
Understand nothing, in order to learn everything.

Quote by liampje
I can write a coherent tune ... But 3/4? I play rock, not polka.
i have no way of getting to the doctor, my parents refuse to take me and to pay for it
I've got patellar tendonitis (knee) from playing baseball and basketball, but the treatment is similar. strengthen the muscles around the injury, so work on forearm/grip strength. also after this, use ice and electronic stimulation. (you can buy little machines for this for like $40 bucks) Also, stretch and warm up the muscles.
Quote by brenton393
i have no way of getting to the doctor, my parents refuse to take me and to pay for it

I highly doubt they won't pay to see a doctor if it's bothering you this much. You need to explain to them what this is. We can't fix this for you. You need to get a doctor to see it.

You can take a bus journey right? Or a push bike. Walk if need be.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Last edited by Silent Murder at Aug 22, 2011,
Quote by brenton393
its been more than a month since i diagnosed myself with tendinitis. my whole life revolves around my music/instruments. after a month of barely any guitar playing my wrist still hurt. what can i do?, going to the docter is out of the question. ive been wearing wrist splints every night. also i quit working out because it hurt my wrist. basically everything hurts my wrist including writing. am i stuck with this? im kinda going insane...

how is the doctor out of the question? also you should never self diagnose yourself unless you actually know what you are talking about. go to the doctor.