I have just finished restringing my ESP SV Standard guitar that has an original floyd rose, I put new saddle blocks in the floyd rose as some had cracks or string indent marks in them. However my current problem now is that the string tension of my strings is very tight meaning it should be near its tuning, but the strings are no where near there tuning. For example my High E string is tuned to Bb, my B string is tuned to F, my G string is tuned to Eb, my D string is tuned to C, my A string is tuned to F#, and my Low E string is tuned to E. My floyd rose level to the body of the bridge, and i am using same string gauge as I did before and my tuning is the same as before i changed strings.

So my question overall is: Why is my strings so tight with tension and yet all strings besides my Low E string are not tuned to the proper tuning, and how can i fix it?

Thanks in advance for all the help UG members!
"
Every band that is favored in the genre sells-out and commercializes... That's just the way it is :/"

ESP SV standard
Ibanez RG7321
sounds like you need to adjust your trem system

You should be able to figure everything out with this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQQT9-Y0R9A&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_746044

Btw, how is the guitar cause i kinda want to get an sv?
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Man, thank God the russians created UG. Otherwise, how would I have gotten this information?
Last edited by 100% at Aug 22, 2011,
sounds like the strings are tuned an octave higher than they should be. you just need to tune down to the correct pitch and then adjust the tremolo springs in the back until the spring tension matches the string tension. Sometimes this requires adding another spring or taking one out.

I would look at the Floyd Rose setup guide here on UG for more info. Everything you need to know is there.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
bump still need help, I would really like to find out how to fix this problem.
"
Every band that is favored in the genre sells-out and commercializes... That's just the way it is :/"

ESP SV standard
Ibanez RG7321
any more advice as i tried the advice from above and didn't solve it.
"

ESP SV standard
Ibanez RG7321
H/elp?
"

ESP SV standard
Ibanez RG7321
Changing the spring tension should solve your problem...

The thing you need to adjust is the plate on the left, with the 2 screws.

If you still need to tune up, but your bridge is already parallel or coming up: turn the screws counterclockwise, so the bridge will come down again.

If you need to tune down, but your bridge is already parallel or coming down: turn the screws clockwise, so the bridge will come up.

Keep tuning and adjusting the screws until you are in tune and your bridge is parallel.

Also, did you stretch your strings? Stretching your strings will make them longer, and thus will lower your bridge a bit. It'll give you some more room if you have to tune up.
(Stretching strings is generally a good practice to increase tuning stability btw.)