I just bought a used Kramer Sustainer for 50 off of ebay. I was just wondering how it would be installed.

Do you just attach the power leads to a 9v and the other leads to the guitars controls?

I know that fernandes kits come with a set of electronics so I dont know if it is that simple.

I wouldnt mind having to switch to another pickup to turn it off.
what exactly did you get? is it just the driver? or the whole circuit?
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
Quote by ToneMasterDelux
All I got was the pickup

Oh dear - the importance of doing proper research beforehand!

You need the circuitboard to drive the thing as a sustainer, but also to allow it to be used as pickup!

What you have presently won't even function as a pickup (its impedance & signal output is too low...it'll need either a stepup transformer or an amplifier just to be able to use it as a pickup - and even then which one to use is likely to be a challenge)
Quote by HankMcSpank
Oh dear - the importance of doing proper research beforehand!

You need the circuitboard to drive the thing as a sustainer, but also to allow it to be used as pickup!

What you have presently won't even function as a pickup (its impedance & signal output is too low...it'll need either a stepup transformer or an amplifier just to be able to use it as a pickup - and even then which one to use is likely to be a challenge)

Shoot, so I cant just hook up a 9v? Do you know where I can buy a driver?

Or find schematics to make one?
Last edited by ToneMasterDelux at Aug 23, 2011,
Google DIY sustainer.... a couple people have done it. You cant just hook it up to a 9V.

I was going to do this but my parts order got fudged and I couldnt be bothered to order again at this point in time. There are resources out there... it could be a little difficult if you dont have prior electronics experience (wiring guitars and/or pedals and such).... hopefully you do.
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
Quote by ma_tt11
Google DIY sustainer.... a couple people have done it. You cant just hook it up to a 9V.

I was going to do this but my parts order got fudged and I couldnt be bothered to order again at this point in time. There are resources out there... it could be a little difficult if you dont have prior electronics experience (wiring guitars and/or pedals and such).... hopefully you do.

Thanks for the help.. All I can find though are 'mods' and 'customs' which are not actual sustainers, they use different methods such as emitting freqs and other strange things.