So I have my new tubes here, going to put them as such.

V1- Ruby AC5 HG+
V2- Ruby AC5 HG+
V3- Penta Labs 12ax7
V4- Penta Labs 12ax7
V5- EI ECC83

My question is, which is V1 and which is V5? I remember it has something to do with one of them being closest to the power tubes but don't remember which.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Usually, V(n) the last preamp tube is closest to the power tubes. This tube is often referred to as the Phase Inverter preamp tube and its job is to feed the power tubes a signal.

In some amps, it is not always the last as some other preamp duties, such as tube rectification, tube powered reverb, etc would appear to be the last one - but they do not feed the power tubes.

Is this the B52? You need to check your amps specifics as you have rectification, reverb and an FX loop.

V1 is almost always the first in the signal path and is closest to your guitar insert jack.

General comments here - not every amp is set up the same way.

tl;dr - you need to check the owners manual.

Page 2 says it has 8 preamp tubes total with 1 of those being a 1x5AR4 for rectification, 1 12AT7 for reverb, and 6 12AX7s for preamp.

http://www.b-52stealthseries.com/manuals/AT100.pdf

Note: You have the 60 watt version right? That explains part of it. You may not hae 8 preamp tubes. Can you take a picture of the back so we can see all the tubes?

AT-112 Tube Chart

4 – 12AX7
1 – 12AX7 Phase Inverter

http://www.b-52stealthseries.com/AT112.html
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Aug 22, 2011,
^thanks for the great reply 311,

Yes it is the B52, but I checked my B52 owners manual, as well as the one online, and no mention is made of the order of the tube positions. The closest I got was:
"AT 112 Tubes
Power amp: 2x 6L6/ 5881
1x 12AX7
Preamp: 4x 12AX7"

If I had to take a guess, I would say that that means you're right and the phase inverter (V5) is closest to the power tubes, because it's the only one that really has a reason to be singled out from the other 4, but I dont know?

^Edit: yes, mine only has 5 pre amp tubes.

I'll go take a picture now.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Last edited by VanTheKraut at Aug 22, 2011,
Yeah it's a recommendation from Doug. If by quick pick you mean that i found a B52 kit on DougsTubes, no i shot him a couple emails and we worked this group out. So are we right? V5= closest to Power tubes?
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie