9 50%
Swede
3 17%
Come down off the ledge
5 28%
Other?
1 6%
Voters: 18.
I came to you last week asking for suggestions on a cheap, decent guitar to use as a backup while gigging. Since then, I've come across the Hagstrom Swede and the Hagstrom Viking, and I think I might be willing to spend a lot more money than I had planned.

At $699 + case and free postage for the Swede and $899 + case and postage for the Viking, you can't really go wrong. Especially when they've both got an RRP of $1200. (This is starting to sound like an ad)

The problem is though, I don't live anywhere near anyplace that I can try these guitars. I'm wondering if it's worth the risk. With them both being so cheap there's a chance I could make my money back, or even make a profit if I don't like them.

What I want you to do is either talk me back off the edge, or tell me to take the plunge, and which guitar to buy. I want them both, but the viking more, but I really would like to spend less money.
Quote by Dio10101
Swedes play deliciously, but terrible fret access towards the top. Go for the viking, I'd say.

You mean the higher frets? That could be an issue.
both are decent guitars. the prices mentioned aren't a great deal at all but rather fairly close to the going rate (at least around here).
You can't get a decent guitar for under $1000 in australia normally.
Last edited by Butt Rayge at Aug 22, 2011,
I picked "other", because I was unsure why "Ninja" or "Pirate" wasn't an option...then I read your post.

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
- Stephen F. Roberts
Quote by bkmurff
I picked "other", because I was unsure why "Ninja" or "Pirate" wasn't an option...then I read your post.

This isn't the pit...

Or an invasion on the EG forum.

Did you have any actual idea though after reading the post?
Quote by Butt Rayge
This isn't the pit...

Or an invasion on the EG forum.

Did you have any actual idea though after reading the post?

Oh jeez, chill. I thought it was funny.
Quote by JustRooster
Oh jeez, chill. I thought it was funny.

If you think that wasn't chill you should see me when I'm not.

If I came across as snarky I apologise.