hey, ive heard some rumors that emgs don't go well with basswood bodies, because of the "flat" sound of the wood because its such a neutral wood.

im just wondering if this is true? (i know alot of people say emgs sound the same in anything blah blah)

anyone have an ibanez prestiges with emgs/active pickups in it
FOR SALE: MESA BOOGIE STUDIO PREAMP
Ship Worldwide, Message me for details.
The body wood shouldn't affect EMGs too much.

Don't forget that you'll have to replace the pots and everything.
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

I have a 2005 prestige 2550 and its got emg's. No problems at all and sound 10 times better than the shite dimarzio's i pulled out.
Originally Posted by ibanez_guru
ARE YOU TONE ******ED??????

Thats not a dig either, its a serious question!!!!!!!!!

Quote by gregs1020
well i did sit 5th row for the who in '82.

ears are still ringing a bit.
The RG2228 is a prestige model made of basswood and it ****ing rips with EMG808s. It'll be fine.

Besides, why is that supposed 'flat' sound 'bad'? With a flat sound, you have the perfect sonic landscape to sculpt with EQ.
Ibanez RG2228 w/ EMG808Xs | Line 6 POD HD500 | Mackie HD1221
Quote by Dayn
Besides, why is that supposed 'flat' sound 'bad'? With a flat sound, you have the perfect sonic landscape to sculpt with EQ.

It seems like most guitarists don't like to use anymore EQ than what's offered in their amp.
also where abouts did you guys put the batteries? have to get it routed?
Quote by nathan549
also where abouts did you guys put the batteries? have to get it routed?
My RG2228 with two EMG808s just came with a single battery in the control cavity, wrapped in a bit of foam. For the 18v mod, I rigged up a detachable two-battery harness, and both fit in the cavity nice and snug. On my BC Rich, I just put the battery in the control cavity again. No need for routing if you can get it in that cavity.
Ibanez RG2228 w/ EMG808Xs | Line 6 POD HD500 | Mackie HD1221
who told u EMG and basswood doesnt jive? ive never heard that
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
on the rg 2550z it has a pickguard so everything pickguard mounted. so the only cavity i have in the back of the guitar is the trem cavity (obviously nothing can fit in there) and the cavity for the jack.
I haven't tried it myself, but I think that would be the optimal wood to put them in because of what Dayn said - completely flat tone to work with.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by EspTro
who told u EMG and basswood doesnt jive? ive never heard that

I was about to say, they marry fantastically.

Also, if you think your sound is flat, why are you putting in sterile active pickups?
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by ibanez_guru
I have a 2005 prestige 2550 and its got emg's. No problems at all and sound 10 times better than the shite dimarzio's i pulled out.

hi i own a rg2550z lefthanded and like it (not only but especially) because of its versatility. but my favourite music is metallica, so i thought about replacing the pickups with either some better passive diMarzios or EMGs.

well i refrain from installing EMGs because of the batteries (where do i put them?) and i fear that especially the clean sound will sound too fat, is that true? i tested a ltd eclipse deluxe two years ago and it sounded muuuuuuuuuch to fat for a cleansound that doesnt sounds like metallicas clean sound and i didnt get a good crunchy tone of it too(that was another reason why i bought a rg prestige instead^^)
stuff like chilli peppers or so possible with emgs?? and how much is it to have your pickups replaced (just the exchanging, not the pickups themselves?), i dont know much about pickup replacement so i would give the guitar to a guitar shop...

and is it possible to keep the middle singlecoil (passive) in use when u insert the two active humbuckers?

thx for any help