Page 1 of 2
... I was surprised too. But seriously. Any of you guys every listened to his other band, Nick Jonas & The Administration? I seriously just found them and they actually have a nice groove and it sounds pretty good. I dig the sound, and the band is great. Nick kind of has a whiny voice for the genre but I think he pulls it off quite well.

Here is a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIF2Z-o7cJk

Is that not a sweet riff or what? Hate all you want, but this band is rad.
i hate this sort of rock

the only thing i liked was the sound of the drums and the fat mohawk black guy playing them
It's not bad. I don't like it enough to bother downloading it, but it's pretty good
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
I thought it was okay until his voice at like 1:08 :X
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
It seems like one of those "bluesy for the sake of being bluesy" things.

He's a talented fella though, along with a lot of the Disney guys who catch hell in these parts.
Ain't my cup of tea, but props from getting away from that Disney stuff. Pretty catchy/groove though like you mentioned. Also, his voice is just...no IMO. Either get a new singer or don't do that high/whiny stuff.
Because, Boobs
Pretty good musically, but that chorus...ugh...

also, this is just rich white folk blues, like Bruce Willis and Steven Seagal
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by CynX
Ain't my cup of tea, but props from getting away from that Disney stuff. Pretty catchy/groove though like you mentioned. Also, his voice is just...no IMO. Either get a new singer or don't do that high/whiny stuff.

+1
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
The music is cool, the voice when not making those crappy falsetto screams is ok.

Trying to be Lenny Kravitz ?
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
I agree that he could use a stronger voice. Some of it sounds quite quiet and like he is really trying hard to hit a note. Maybe if they lowered the key a little. Its really apparent that his voice doesn't fit in this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9kEkJLnv4g&feature=related
Shouldn't have clicked the link. Shouldn't have clicked the link.

The TS made me question my loyalties.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
Quote by Gman400
I thought it was okay until his voice at like 1:08 :X

Agreed. His voice doesn't really have the harshness in it to pull off the falsetto screams and it isn't nice enough sounding to get the Michael Jackson yelps to work. He's kind of stuck in a bad middle ground IMO.

It was okay. Sounded good at the beginning and there were some good parts, but I can only really say that it was average. There just isn't anything that would make me seek out more of it. Sounds kind of like a watered down version of some classic rock bands.
i didn't need to know that was nick jonas to know this is absolute shit
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
Don't let how much better this is than the Jonas Brothers trick you into thinking it's good...
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Quote by Zeletros
Nice.

I still didn't like it though, don't like such music.

What do you mean such?
All the music you hate is 100% better than this.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
The whiney voice makes me lol hard when he screams at the end of the key change.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
No.
Quote by Våd Hamster
Fuck yes you are the best poster ever

do you wanna hear a little piano composition I have just made?, I promise it don't totally sucks, you can hear it on my profile, any feedback would be really appreciated -C4C
Quote by Jawlytomtom
What do you mean such?

I don't like the genre it means. I don't know what genre this is, but I never like that synth sound when I hear it.
It sounds like an average high school band, full of people who probably listen to decent music but aren't very talented.

And the solo was horrid. It sounded like he was deperate to hit a lot of notes, and wasn't particularly bothered about which ones they were.

EDIT: And even ignoring the bad singing, the little melody in the prechorus was really bad.

So nah, not a fan I'm 'fraid.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Aug 23, 2011,
Quote by Zeletros
I don't like the genre it means. I don't know what genre this is, but I never like that synth sound when I hear it.

Do you mean... organ?

And no, that was terrible. He can't sing for shit. It wasn't too bad until he started singing though.
Well, he can only sing the way he can sing. The riff and the pre-chorus and whole sound of it is more badass than most everything that goes straight to mainstream radio nowadays.

But that chorus is actually pretty ****ing bad. And I don't mean it in a condescending-opinion way, I mean that if he can't sing those notes, he shouldn't.
I liked it until he started singing. The song was a little generic, but the riff was cool. Did not like anything about the chorus.

All in all, I'm not a fan, but at least he's doing something for himself now. And that is a cool riff.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Quote by JDizzle787
I mean that if he can't sing those notes, he shouldn't.

That's the problem with most of the people who do those Youtube covers sitting in front of a webcam with an acoustic, I've noticed.
It's.... not that bad. The instrumentation is good but the vocals are not that great, in my opinion.
Quote by Primus2112

*lolstack*

I had to do that instead of a real lolstack, because the number of lols would exceed the image limit. But dear god

Quote by Burgery
Well he's not a bad teacher, it just seems like he really doesn't know an awful lot about what he's teaching...
Quote by whalepudding
It sounds like an average high school band, full of people who probably listen to decent music but aren't very talented.

And the solo was horrid. It sounded like he was deperate to hit a lot of notes, and wasn't particularly bothered about which ones they were.

EDIT: And even ignoring the bad singing, the little melody in the prechorus was really bad.

So nah, not a fan I'm 'fraid.

This is accurate, their hearts may be in the right place but they're not pulling it off very well.
pros:
- I was very pleasently surprised at first. If I didn't knew who Nick Jonas was, it wouldn't have had that disney-stigma. It was kinda groovy.

cons:
- So although it was groovy, it still was nothing special. Just some bluesy, Lenny Kravitz-like rock.

- His voice. Meh...

- I highly doubt that he writes anything. I can never really value an artist if he doesn't write, because if he doesn't, he's not an artist, he's just a performer.

- If they want to call it "Nick Jonas & whatever", the guy needs to make his own guitar solos and not let some other dude do it for him.
And all the studio musicians in the band he payed to write his music.
Gingers Unite
Does anyone else think that he sounds like what Kick-Ass would sound like if he tried to sing blues rock?
Page 1 of 2