hey guys, so Im looking to add effects into my amp setup right now. im not for buying tons of stompboxes so im looking at a multieffects unit. this is going to be some of the last bits of gear i buy before going to university next year, so versatility is a must.

my current gear:

Peavey 6534+
mesa 4x12 (going to get replaced)
boss noisegate
boss tuner
tube screamer.

so heres the options im thinking of:

-TCE Gmajor 2 and convert my setup into a rack and use a midi controller

-TCE G system and a roadcase to house the gsystem, the tubescreamer and the tuner.

-Sell off everything and build an Axe Fx 2 rig using a powered monitor and a Stereo DI.

I currently like my POD HD desktop alot right now but wish it had more effects wise, the amp sims are great for the price, but for a live setting theyd need to be better and i think the axefx is accurate enough for me.

the plus to the axefx is I can create any sound I want. the down side is not having a real amp and at its core its a modeller, its not 100% accurate.

also, if i keep my amp and dont get an axefx, ill be upgrading the mesa 412 to a bogner OS 212 i think
What specifically do you want that your POD can't do?

Good tones aren't going to pop up automatically, you need to sit there and tweak around with it for a few hours and a good some sounds you're happy with.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
If your looking for the versatility sell your current gear and get the axe fx.

Or buy my mesa, its extremly versatile
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Quote by Eppicurt
What specifically do you want that your POD can't do?

Good tones aren't going to pop up automatically, you need to sit there and tweak around with it for a few hours and a good some sounds you're happy with.

its that for me, it isnt powerful enough for live uses, for practice its great, but i mean the External EQs are sometimes a little wonky, and theres not much DSP power on the POD too, i have the signal chains maxed out on my 2 favourite patches so far and i could use some more power.

also on the pod, some f the amps sound to similar to each other for me (the ENGL and Bogner)
Unless you need all the different amps of the AxeFX, the Gmajor2 would work just fine.
WTLTL 2011
Quote by Seanthesheep
its that for me, it isnt powerful enough for live uses, for practice its great, but i mean the External EQs are sometimes a little wonky, and theres not much DSP power on the POD too, i have the signal chains maxed out on my 2 favourite patches so far and i could use some more power.

also on the pod, some f the amps sound to similar to each other for me (the ENGL and Bogner)

Well if that's the case go for an Axe FX or an Elevenrack.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
ok so i just got the chance to play my peavey for the first chance in over a week and fell in love it again. im thinking a new speaker cab and a G system.

I will probably buy a small rack case to hold a power conditioner, the brain of the g system and a drawer for my loop pedals on the g system and a wireless. this way i have only one ethernet cable runnign to the front of the stage with me.

oh btw, has anyone had a chance to check out the V30 loaded PRS 2x12 cabs?
Check out Orange cabs. A tiny bit better than Mesa IMO although I use a Mesa and it's great.

Maybe an EQ, although I suppose you could use the G system for that.
well the cabs on my list are:

Orange 212
mesa 212
Bogner OS 212
PRS 212

Ive heard that the Orange is a darker sounding cab, thatd work well, but i wont be able to find one near me