Page 1 of 2
I went to Germany, and they had a good deal on a laptop, so I bought it, it has windows 7 and as I said, it is in German. Anyone know how I can revert it to English?
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

Or you could just learn German TS.
Thor! Odin's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Your destiny awaits Thor! Hlödyn's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Ragnarök awaits

E-ARCH NEMESIS of girlgerms007
Quote by deathdrummer
Or you could just learn German TS.

This. It is better for your brain.
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Just make your own political party, give hate speeches about how Macs are controlling your economy and have some kind of secret police for your laptop.

If done correctly, your laptop should obey you. You know how them Germans roll...
Here's what you've got to do: Go to start --> Systemsteuerung --> Zeit, Sprache und Region --> Land oder Region ändern --> change all the settings to US/English.
Quote by PrincessJoe
Here's what you've got to do: Go to start --> Systemsteuerung --> Zeit, Sprache und Region --> Land oder Region ändern --> change all the settings to US/English.

That might not work if it was installed only in German, but it is worth a shot.
Dude if you just bought a new computer you should do a fresh install of windows!

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
I know a brazilian guy who bought his laptop in germany. Turns out it was only in german so he learned german. Now he speaks german. I recommend you do the same.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
I know a brazilian guy who bought his laptop in germany. Turns out it was only in german so he learned german. Now he speaks german. I recommend you do the same.

Which is why I had my phone in Dutch for a while.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Quote by Dirge Humani
Also, have fun with that QWERTZ keyboard...

That's the least difficult thing to change.

I could just change it to Jあpanese in a matter of seconds...

Quote by Im_Broken
Get a Mac.
Windows sucks.

Bitch, please.
Mac is shite.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Last edited by sfaune92 at Aug 23, 2011,
Quote by Im_Broken
Get a Mac.
Windows sucks.

This, Bill Gates has done incredible things with it. Him working with Apple is going to change the future, I tells ya.
If all fails, buy a windows 7 disc or pirate it. If yours is 64-bit and/or RAM + GFX card memory > 4GB, get 64-bit.

Quote by Im_Broken
Waste money.
Spending money for performance sucks.

Fixed

Your beloved piece of expensive shit is just low/mid-end component veled in good design.

1200$ MacBook pro vs 800$ HP dv7 6150eo

Graphics cards
(Macbook pro) Intel HD Graphics 3000: 10 FPS in Mincraft, true story.
(800$ HP) Radeon HD 6770: 50 FPS in The Witcher 2.

Also, i7 could be the lowest i7. Apple keeps details away and their site is shit to navigae through to get exact specifications. For some buy a computer for the stuff inside, not marketing.

Why should he buy a new expensive overpcied computer instead of an operative system?
Last edited by GisleAune at Aug 23, 2011,
Quote by StrykVladzimsky
I went to Germany, and they had a good deal on a laptop, so I bought it, it has windows 7 and as I said, it is in German. Anyone know how I can revert it to English?

rubbing a magnet around your computer should do the trick
Just torrent Windows 7 then install it in English with the serial key on the bottom of your laptop. Then it'll be fresh and not have all the bloatware on laptops anyway.

Plus, perfectly legal.
I Like Orange......

Wobble Wobble Wub Wub Dakka Dakka
Quote by Dirge Humani
Depending on what he is used to, it might be physically laid out completely differently

US-International:
German:

I see, but you could just change the "DE" at the bottom right to "EN". It doesn't change how it looks on the laptop, but the keys will return the same input as an American keyboard.
Quote by sfaune92
I see, but you could just change the "DE" at the bottom right to "EN". It doesn't change how it looks on the laptop, but the keys will return the same input as an American keyboard.

But see how the enter key is shaped differently, and the \ | key is left of y (z)? THAT cant be changed.
Quote by Dirge Humani
But see how the enter key is shaped differently, and the \ | key is left of y (z)? THAT cant be changed.

Depending on the laptop, it's just a german version of a mainstream laptop. To get an EN-US or a EN-UK version of a laptop keyboard is about £13 and easy to replace.
I Like Orange......

Wobble Wobble Wub Wub Dakka Dakka
Okay, but still, these keys are relatively unimportant, and changing the internal keyboard settings to EN (US) won't bring too much trouble.
I barely look at the keyboard while I type anyway, so I wouldn't have been bothered with it. My (Norwegian) keyboard is actually pretty similar to the german one, but it is QWERTY though.
Press "Alt" and "Shift" weil es die Sprache ändern wird. Though that may only work once you have two languages to choose from. The "DE" setting makes smileys much easier

Ü
On a german or english layout?

German ? is next to the 0 sign, hold shift.
English is to the left of the right shift.

Not sure what double points are
Last edited by Calibos at Aug 23, 2011,
"My language settings are stuck in german"
"FU BUY A MAC WINDOZE SUX"
"FU MACZ ARE TOO EXPENSIVE"
"FU LINUX FTW"

Oh internet.
Such is posting in Soviet Russia
Quote by sfaune92

Bitch, please.
Mac is shite.

Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
Type everything slowly and in CAPITAL LETTERS, like any good Englishman in Germany.
Quote by Kensai

Do that with an Asian language and all you end up with is a computer you can't use

If I put my computer in Japanese I just shit my pants because I don't know enough millions of kanji yet
Quote by Weirdbag
+1

teach me German Weridbag please.
Thor! Odin's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Your destiny awaits Thor! Hlödyn's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Ragnarök awaits

E-ARCH NEMESIS of girlgerms007
Page 1 of 2