Hey, I have been studying schematics in my spare time and I am going to build a TS-9 (simple and a great pedal) to compare to the actual one I have now. Anyway I have a few questions:

1) When following the schematic i come across a line that ends in a +9v or a +4.5v (when preceded by a resistor), this is a ground correct? My logic (noob in electronics mind you) tells me that i am completing a circuit with the ground, so, it is resulting in the positive 9 volts; and the same applies with the 4.5v, rather, since it is preceded by a resistor it is cutting its value from 9 to 4.5V?

2)Following the same logic I understood a transistor to read the same way: the single line going in to the transistor is the in, the line going off to a +9v is the ground (middle terminal) and the other line which goes to a resistor, etc (continues the path) is the Out?

I have been reading schematics and symbol meanings for a few hours and would like to start ordering parts after finishing my plans!
Gear:
Gibson '61 SG (57 Classics)
Ibanez RG4EXFM1 (TB-6)
Gibson '08 Explorer (500T)
Soldano Avenger 100
No Name 4X12 w/ Texas Heat+V12
I Want More Stuff
Example?

When you see a voltage by/on a line, it means that you should measure that much voltage there. It's not ground, which would be 0V.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
OOHHH, hold the phones... Ok I looked at the schematic and when looking at the buffer section of the input connected to the battery i saw two leads marked 9v+ and 4.5v+. So i will just connect any leads marked this to those.

It makes since now...grounds, what an idiot.

thought i was smarter than that!!

edit: like stated below. lol
Gear:
Gibson '61 SG (57 Classics)
Ibanez RG4EXFM1 (TB-6)
Gibson '08 Explorer (500T)
Soldano Avenger 100
No Name 4X12 w/ Texas Heat+V12
I Want More Stuff
Last edited by penguinguy34 at Aug 23, 2011,
Quote by penguinguy34
Hey, I have been studying schematics in my spare time and I am going to build a TS-9 (simple and a great pedal) to compare to the actual one I have now. Anyway I have a few questions:

1) When following the schematic i come across a line that ends in a +9v or a +4.5v (when preceded by a resistor), this is a ground correct? My logic (noob in electronics mind you) tells me that i am completing a circuit with the ground, so, it is resulting in the positive 9 volts; and the same applies with the 4.5v, rather, since it is preceded by a resistor it is cutting its value from 9 to 4.5V?

It means you connect that point to 9 or 4.5v, whichever is indicated. The series resistor can act as the current limit.

2)Following the same logic I understood a transistor to read the same way: the single line going in to the transistor is the in, the line going off to a +9v is the ground (middle terminal) and the other line which goes to a resistor, etc (continues the path) is the Out?

The line that goes 'in'is called the 'base'. The rest of your explanation is ambiguous as you could also be talking about a FET or BJT. Better to post a sketch or the drawing to decipher what you mean

I have been reading schematics and symbol meanings for a few hours and would like to start ordering parts after finishing my plans!