Some of these I may just DIY but...
I'm looking for a delay (preferably analog), a phaser and a flanger.

Soundwise think gilmour, evh, petrucci kind of stuff.
I know gilmour uses a univibe, I'm looking into one of them but I think a phaser should pass well enough.

Mainly these are for use with overdrive for lead, (think first comfortably numb solo (especially live) also think of amorphis with the really defined phaser effect).
I might add in some clips when I get home for examples of the tone...

Anyways, I'm thinking of a mxr script phaser or the mad professor phaser. Also like the keeleys tap tempo for the phaser, but not the sound so much.

Flangers, I like the sound of the original electric mistress, it seems like it can get a softer nearly chorus-y feel that I like.

Delay: so far the malekko is winning, or maxon ad9. Also like the dmm but aret sure it's worth the price increase.

I also thought about just getting a g major or quadraverb instead. What would you guys recommend? Midi controllable would be nice but pretty unnecessary

Oh yeah, budget probs around $200 a pedal. Don't mind if it's cheaper, and if a pedal is more expensive but worth it then I'll go for it.

muledit: should add that I like muses sound in things like sing for absolution and Stockholm syndrome (I believe they use a phaser?)

muledit II:
Comfortably numb compilation:
Number 1 and number 3 have the modulation
http://home.comcast.net/~bcoutu/numbcomps.mp3

Amorphis phaser tone:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NzpFXLk6Ww
Better example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oPw1f1dSMI&feature=player_detailpage#t=109s

muse - stockholm syndrome
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wV9_je85DE&feature=player_detailpage#t=212s
RIP Gooze

cats
Last edited by mulefish at Aug 23, 2011,
Gilmour uses a flanger and chorus a lot more than his vibe. His 'overdrive' tones are a big muff, contact the guy at Stomp Under Foot and tell him you're looking for this sound. He'll tell you which one to get.
I'm aware of his overdrive/big muff use. I'm interested in the modulation effects

muledit: updated op with samples
RIP Gooze

cats
Last edited by mulefish at Aug 23, 2011,
My money's on the Electric Mistress or one of the older Small Stones (not the nanos). They have that vintage feel. Very smooth and they don't kill your tone, not to mention pretty cheap.
Amps:
Mesa Boogie Rect-O-Verb
Laney VC15
Cabs:
2x Blackheart 1x12
Guitar:
PRS SE Soapbar II
Pedalboard:
Line 6 M13, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Digitech Synth Wah, Boss SD-1, Biyang OD-8 (Tubescreamer Clone)
Band:
Fixtures <<Click Here
Quote by AmbientMathAsh
My money's on the Electric Mistress or one of the older Small Stones (not the nanos). They have that vintage feel. Very smooth and they don't kill your tone, not to mention pretty cheap.

In my experience the small stone was great for cleans, but not as good for leads with overdrive.
RIP Gooze

cats
Phaser?

Nothing more versatile than a SubDecay Quasar DLX or an Empress Phaser.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Like the SubDecay a lot, looking into that.
However, versatility isn't really what I need, and I'm thinking it might be a bit overboard... Mainly I just want a not too subtle phaser for muse like stuff [see the links in op]. But the sound I like is a bit more like a wah [see the amorphis clip].
However, tap tempo definitely seems useful
RIP Gooze

cats
You could get it all with a T.C. Elec nova sys or line 6 m9 or m13
Yeah, I've been tempted. But it seems like there is so much that I won't use that there has to be a better option
Especially like the amp models, or overdrive which I don't need.
I have been tempted by a g major or alesis quadraverb or something
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by mulefish
Yeah, I've been tempted. But it seems like there is so much that I won't use that there has to be a better option
Especially like the amp models, or overdrive which I don't need.
I have been tempted by a g major or alesis quadraverb or something

The nova sys is amazing!! The amount of tweaking you can do on each effect surpasses any pedals I've owned.....the reverbs and delays are great the compressor is great the noise suppressor better than my Decimator. Good luck on your hunt