So I'm looking at getting one of these guitars, I know the Tele is cheaper than the LP - I've played both and I loved both, I already have a Gibson LP Studio which suits my style of music perfectly (Hard rock, GN'R, Led Zep etc.) but I loved the classic Tele sound too. If only I could afford both! I would like to add a Tele to my collection at some point, which currently consists of;

1. Gibson Les Paul Studio
2. Dave Mustaine VMNT1
3. Fender American Strat
4. Tony Iommi SG

What do you guys think? I'd want it for gigging too, as I'm in a hard rock band - and I'm playing through a Marshall AVT.

Thanks!
It seems pretty clear You already have a Les Paul, you don't have a Tele yet...
Buy the Les Paul Standard, then sell your Studio and use that money to buy the Telecaster.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by controlledchaos
What amp would you guys recommend?

If you tell us what kind of tones you are after.
Maybe list some bands which have the tones you like, YouTube clips are also helpful and/or give a good description, as well as a budget (or we'll assume your guitar-money is the budget for the amp) and other preferences (features you would want the amp to have, amount of channels you need, etc.).

Your guitar setup covers most bases already BTW.
Quote by JesusCrisp
Maybe list some bands which have the tones you like, YouTube clips are also helpful and/or give a good description, as well as a budget (or we'll assume your guitar-money is the budget for the amp) and other preferences (features you would want the amp to have, amount of channels you need, etc.).

jesus knows toan.

listen to the man or find a way to swallow a lightning bolt.
Quote by gregs1020
jesus knows toan.

listen to the man or find a way to swallow a lightning bolt.

Dude, Jesus ain't the same thing as Zeus.
Quote by GaryBillington
Buy the Les Paul Standard, then sell your Studio and use that money to buy the Telecaster.

+100

Teles aren't very expensive, and you may even be able to do a direct trade with someone on craigslist or something.
Buy the Tele.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Quote by JesusCrisp

Quote by controlledchaos
(Hard rock, GN'R, Led Zep etc.)

I would say a safe bet is looking around for a used JCM2000. They're getting more common and reasonable in price every day.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster
I would say a safe bet is looking around for a used JCM2000. They're getting more common and reasonable in price every day.

I am pretty sloppy at reading threads today.
Quote by JesusCrisp
I am pretty sloppy at reading threads today.

Sigged.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
id say gibson les paul standard actually. he likes his studio and has an american strat. so get a higher end les paul because even TS said the studio suits him perfectly.

worst case trade the strat for a used american tele?
from what I've read here....

1.) buy LP , sell studio, buy tele , ( seems great idea to me )
2.) jcm2000 would seem a good bet, or just stroll thru a guitar shop, and try a load out.. :] , jcm2000's are EASY PEASY to find used aswell tho :]
3.) buy, wait, buy, wait, buy. :] if you're not willing to part with your studio LP, then this is the only thing u can do....
if you're willing to wait, get the tele first, :]
Gear:
Jackson rr5+rr3
epiphone les paul std
fender classic 50's
Epiphone sheraton ii
blackstar ht-5s
vox ac15c1
bugera 333xl
framus 2x12
mxr carbon copy
mxr bls chorus