A place to post photos of your Music Man guitars, or photos of MM guitars you are GAS'ing for. Also a place to ask questions and get answers regarding EB/MM

I'll start with mine. 2003 Axis in Pacific Blueburst

....and I'm GAS'ing for one of these or an early 90's MM EVH model in pink.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
I played a JP for the first time last week. I gotta say, very impressed.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
My Axis SS

Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
^ Nice! I love that finish, but with a maple board :P

Noticed you swapped out the pickups, did you sell the original ones? If you haven't and put them on Ebay, you'll have people fighting each other over them.

Edit:

Here we go!

Last edited by DSOTM80 at Aug 23, 2011,
How different are the Music Man Axis guitars from the similar-looking Peavey EVH and more-recent non-Peavey EVH models? Both in sound, feel, etc.

Obviously I'm asking in a thread about one brand, but I figured some of you would be familiar with the others, also.

Actually, what is the history here. Did Eddie start with one brand, move to another, and then set up his own deal?
Yup, thats pretty much it.

Started with Kramer as the first company Ed endorsed. He represented Kramer as a whole and not one guitar as he never had a Kramer signature guitar. He also had some financial stake in Kramer as well as far as I've heard. Once they went tits up he moved on to Music Man and had a falling out with them. Peavey was already making his 5150 amps at that time so he went to them to make his guitars. Then Ed had his meltdown in 2004, teamed up with Fender and started making EVH brand guitars under them.

The differences are in the neck shape, pickups and slight changes in body styles between the 3 (Music Man, Peavey and EVH brand). Basswood body with a maple top is the same for all 3.

The Music Man Axis neck profile is actually Ed's old Kramer 5150 neck shape, as Music Man computer scanned that neck and Ed had them use it for his signature guitar. The Axis is the same as the Music Man EVH model except the pickup toggle switch was moved, the neck is every so slightly thicker at the heel and there was a small tummy cut added for better comfort. I think the Axis neck is as good as it gets, but thats personal opinion.

The EVH Wolfgang has more of a U shape to it but I might be wrong. Personally, I think the Peavey Wolfgang's are great as well, just a bit different. The new EVH Wolfgang's haven't impressed me, not when you can get a MM Axis for less with a better quality neck, finish etc.
Finally a place where I can post pics of my Balls

Quote by DSOTM80
....and I'm GAS'ing for one of these or an early 90's MM EVH model in pink.

Very nice! Do want!

Here's my Axis; a 2007LE Blue Dawn Super Sport, with piezo (This is the one with the craziest birdseye maple neck I've ever seen!)

And my JP7, loaded, in Candy Red

Last edited by littlephil at Aug 23, 2011,
Wow, nice JP7! and you're right that birdseye, I've never seen one being that full.
They have a sky blue BFR6 up at the local GC. I am gas'ing so f***ing hard for it. Such a beautiful guitar.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Must acquire BFR JP6.

And I played an Axis (exactly the same as LP_CL's) and man was that neck comfortable for rhythm. A bit to thick for leads though.
Where's Waldo?
Quote by chadreed32
Dream Theater on December 1 is going to make Paul Reed Smith look like a toy

October 27th VIP package in Dallas Too stoked!
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Quote by cdr_salamander
October 27th VIP package in Dallas Too stoked!

VIP you lucky bastard!

Well, I could have gotten it but that would have been all of my money, soo... Regular tickets for me!
Where's Waldo?