One of my bands consists of me (bass, and maybe vocals if we don't find a singer), a guitarist and a drummer. We could eventually get a second guitarist if required.

We all listen to rock and metal music.

Suggest songs for us to learn so we could get a gig sometime soon.
Quote by Kill A Kitten
You know that old saying: "Men who play bass in the band have the largest genitalia." Well, it's the same for women.
Stop kidding yourself and just be a Rush cover band already.
Nothing that is worthwhile in life will ever come easy.
Quote by soviet_ska
Stop kidding yourself and just be a Rush cover band already.

I don't really listen to Rush, not their biggest fan exactly. I do recognize their talent and I like their music (YYZ, Limelight, La Villa Strangiato or Tom Sawyer are good songs) but I don't really care for Geddy Lee's voice to be honest.
And Geddy is not even an influence on either my bass playing or vocals.
Quote by Kill A Kitten
You know that old saying: "Men who play bass in the band have the largest genitalia." Well, it's the same for women.
Alright, the only other power trio who even compares to Rush is Cream. Lots of good (and more accessible) music in their catalog.
Nothing that is worthwhile in life will ever come easy.
what kind of music do you play to want to play a gig soon? cover band, dance cover band, tribute band.

there are a tone of songs you can cover, its too broad to make a recommendation. just because you are a trio does not mean you have to cover trio's
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
Quote by thejester
what kind of music do you play to want to play a gig soon? cover band, dance cover band, tribute band.

there are a tone of songs you can cover, its too broad to make a recommendation. just because you are a trio does not mean you have to cover trio's

Rock and metal music, cover band?

I know, I just wanted some suggestions on songs that a trio without two guitarists could pull off.
Quote by Kill A Kitten
Anything. quite literally. You just have to modify the song a bit. I'm a one man band, and I play anything. You just have to cut out the other guitar or use a harmony effect.
ok well rock as mentioned a lot of zeppelin, nugent, zz top, a lot of ccr.

some of my favs i would want to hear from a trio would be:
fortunate son
anything from zep I & II
stranglehold
tush by zz
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
Muse, great trio, except they having a touring keyboard/synth player, looool.
Gear

Mesa/Boogie Mark V Head
Mills Acoustics Mach 212B
Peavey Vypyr 15w
ESP LTD EC-1000 guitar (BKP Nailbombs)
Fender American Standard Strat
PRS Custom 24
Dunlop KH Signature Wah
Menatone Red Snapper
Boss DD-7 Delay
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Hello? This guy named Jimi Hendrix was pretty solid... 3 guys.

Learn Foxy Lady. Its 3 chords and a pretty simple (but brilliant) main riff. You can sing like crap and it still sounds cool. You can crank the distortion and play a metal(ish) version. That would be pretty cool.

Hey Joe is a great 3 man jame tune. E C G D A all day long. Solo is Em pent + C. Cool little walk in it also

Rooster by Alice and Chains is another. There is a lead and rhythm but it sounds solid w/o the lead or the bass picking up some of the rhythm

Those are rockin tunes pretty easy to get some version going pretty fast.
he of tranquil mind
Then Metallica is perfect!
Songs like:
-Enter Sandman
-Master of Puppets
-The Call Of Ktulu
-Fade to Black
-...And justice for all
-One
-And more...
Alkaline Trio.
Greenday.
Primus.
Sick Puppies.
Understand nothing, in order to learn everything.

Quote by liampje
I can write a coherent tune ... But 3/4? I play rock, not polka.
Sodom, if your trio really wants to crush some skulls.
We're all alright!
Last edited by Mathedes at Aug 23, 2011,