So I've been looking up some stuff about piezo pickups, since I once wondered how it'd sound on a bass. I liked the tone, it sounds pretty acoustic and has a pretty good presence without being trebly.

The only pickup I could find here in Chile was a Dean Markley Artist Transducer though, not sure if that'll do the job well since most people seem to use bridge-mounted piezos.

So what kinda pickup would you guys recommend, and what are your thoughts on the tone?
Professional lurker since 2009.
Quote by teh_goon
if you're wondering what they sound like, look at the vids on youtube

I did, that's why I know it sounds acoustic and with presence
Professional lurker since 2009.
Most of your best piezo setups are going to be integral with the bridge. I know Carvin offers basses with Hipshot bridges and piezos, so Hipshot might be a good place to start.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
Most of your best piezo setups are going to be integral with the bridge. I know Carvin offers basses with Hipshot bridges and piezos, so Hipshot might be a good place to start.

There's also a no name piezo bridge that you can search for "piezo bass bridge" through ebay and amazon user storefronts for cheap. I've thought about pulling the trigger on one a few times. Transducers, other than saddle ones, won't work well: I tried to build a DIY one under a solidbody bass bridge and it just didn't do the trick that it does on an acoustic instrument.

You'd also need a preamp for it since the output is so wimpy.

Now I have piezo bass fever again. I wish Fender kept making the power jazz it had for a while.