Hello People!

I am looking for help to accomplish one little project that is in my mind. So here it goes.
I´ll ask you patient because of my bad English...

I have a cheap Les Paul to learn how to play guitar, so as a beginner I know how painful could be to other people to listen me play... Thinking about it I bought a AmPlug Lead. By the way excellent choice I did! Small cheap device and good sound for practice!
I also have an iGTR from Waves but AmPlug sounds better...

Enough of yata-yata my project is:
1- Wire my guitar to use only one volume knob (like this )
2- Disassemble my AmPlug and put it inside the guitar. Redirect the three potentiometers from AmPlug to the guitar ones. I know I will have to change them to the same values as the AmPlug...
3- Put some toggle switch between the knobs to turn amplug off, on and on with delay. Im thinking to put some switch just like slash's gibson(this one)
4- I will redirect the amplug output to the jack. The idea here is just to play the guitar with headphones so I'm not worried if I could plug it to another amp... And in fact I can but it's not the point...
5- And here I'll need help! AmPlug Lead doesn't have a total clear sound even with gain at 0 and pickups volume down... I saw one really good mod to the Metal flavor of AmPlug from Nader (great person btw) (his project) and wondering if someone could healp to do the same but with lead version.
I'm no intent to put another pot so I'll try to use gain pot with push/pull to do that.
Could you please help me to find which resistor do I have to change the values?

Thank you all that reads that for the attention!

Best regards,
Brenot
I will take a high resolution pic from both sides of opened AmPlug and put here tonight.
If it was me, I would just use a ModBoard from Guitar Fetish. Or a Black Ice unit from StewMac.
Links:
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Electronics,_pickups/Components:_Black_Ice_overdrive/Black_Ice_Overdrive.html?actn=100101&xst=3&xsr=85
http://www.guitarfetish.com/Onboard-Tube-Distortion-COMPLETE-installation-Kit_p_94.html
Either would benefit with a push/pull. You could wire it to be a volume or tone and also be a overdrive.
Quote by Most_Triumphant
Depends, I don't know what pickups go good with plywood. EMGs will make it sound like every other EMG guitar though.

Quote by JazzMunkeyy
it needs a silver flakes
and sara underwood
Hey y2k11hmmm?

Thank you! First time I see these ModBoard! awesome! Does it works with headphones? or is it just fx and I will need an amp?
chip46

Oh I see... Yeah, you are right! I'm not just looking for effects, I want the whole package.
I think it will be awesome have and headphone guitar... lol
My challenge is to crack up the amplug and find a way to get clean sound with that! The problem is that I don't know how to do that... lol not good with electronic...

I couldn't take pictures from it yesterday... maybe tomorrow (busy week).

Best regards,
Brenot
I've got the amplug, and I am gonna tell you right now dude, you will never get a proper clean signal from it, if I were you, I wouldn't do this, because you're going to a lot of effort for nothing, the amplug works plugged into your guitar jack already, by doing this, you're actually removing a function from the guitar, not adding anything to it...
if all you really want is to play your guitar out of the jack then the modboards grom guitarfetish actually work great.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132073&page=29&pp=20

about 3/4 or so of the way down is my les paul style, the knob on the left under the bridge is the preamp from them. i wired it as a boost to my regular output and with a headphone jack (hence the plugged in headphones. the one to the right is their distortion. both of them worked great but didnt have the greatest sound if thats what youre looking for.
*insert witty statement here*
I took a pic from my amplug!
It's not a good pic because I took it from my cell...
I think I wont have any problem to rewire it to pots, external switch and led.
Oh. You wanted headphones too! Oops, I need to read better.
The AmpPlug will be pretty cool in there if it works.
Quote by Most_Triumphant
Depends, I don't know what pickups go good with plywood. EMGs will make it sound like every other EMG guitar though.

Quote by JazzMunkeyy
it needs a silver flakes
and sara underwood