Page 1 of 4
But Im going to a hookah session today cause some chick invited me, I told her I would just show up to chill and that's it. Im bringing my friend who doesn't smoke or drink either but Im kinda nervous cause Im trying not to do anything but chill

So pit, whats the best way to slip out of:

"dude try this shit"
"nah man I don't do that stuff"
"c'mon try it don't be a pussy"

Let the flaming begin...
My username is a Misnomer.

Im not into the whole drug scene....

I just think Fire is Boss.

Do it pussy.

Edit: But why go to a hookah lounge if you're not going to smoke? Just ask the girl to do something else with you some other time.
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Aug 23, 2011,
You could go and not partake. I've never been in a social situation with any type of smoking where people will egg others on to partake. People are understanding.

If I were you, I'd pop down, try to completely let go of your anxiety of the situation and enjoy yourself.
Just say no thanks I'm good or something. Peer pressure isn't like what they said it is in elementary school.
Just say no, and be firm about it. Don't mess about with the well...yeah...nah..I dunno shit. Just say no, and don't do it.
Just say no thanks. If they were big enough dicks to be assholes about it you wouldn't want to go in the first place eh?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by Alkaline 64
Shove it up her ass then spank that ho!

We were talking about that last night

Quote by Craigo
You could go and not partake. I've never been in a social situation with any type of smoking where people will egg others on to partake. People are understanding.

If I were you, I'd pop down, try to completely let go of your anxiety of the situation and enjoy yourself.

I hope everybody there will be chill with it then. Its all just a personal decision but hearing what I want to hear always makes it easier to relax about it

Just say no. I doubt they will be dicks about it.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Why on earth would you go to a hooker session and then "just chill" anyway...

EDIT: Forgive me, I totally misread that. Nonetheless my point stays valid. Why?
Last edited by Alkaline 64 at Aug 23, 2011,
Just tell them that isn't your thing. That's what I've done in those situations. If they're people worth hanging out with then they'll respect that. If they don't, throw feces at them and cackle like a monkey.
It's just a few hits of hookah? i'd do it. it'll help you bond with her, and why say no an be firm about smoking a little hookah?
Your name is completely misleading.

Here's the scenario I envisioned for you, using your own dialogue as a launching point.

"Dude, try this shit."

"Nah, man, I don't do that stuff."

"C'mon, try it! Don't be a pussy."

"I can't, man. After the accident, I..." (Get choked up, look into the distance and wipe your eyes)

"Accident? Dude, are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm good." (Clear your throat) "Sorry about that. It's not something I really want to talk about."

"Damn, sorry for bringing it up, dude."

"Don't even worry about it. I'm cool."

"Alright, man."

Fin
Quote by blazeman444
But Im going to a hookah session today cause some chick invited me, I told her I would just show up to chill and that's it. Im bringing my friend who doesn't smoke or drink either but Im kinda nervous cause Im trying not to do anything but chill

A girl invites you to her house and you bring a friend with you?!?!?!?!?!

Dude, you really NEED drugs...
You should try it. And then if you don't like it, don't do it anymore.

I was generally a "no drugz and shiz" type guy, but a hookah hardly counts as drugs.

I tried it. I didn't really like it, so I doubt I'll ever do it again. Just felt like inhaling water steam. Was expecting some kind of buzz, but got nothing.
Quote by MakinLattes

Here's the scenario I envisioned for you, using your own dialogue as a launching point.

"Dude, try this shit."

"I can't, man. After the accident, I..." (Get choked up, look into the distance and wipe your eyes)

"Accident? Dude, are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm good." (Clear your throat) "Sorry about that. It's not something I really want to talk about."

"Damn, sorry for bringing it up, dude."

"Don't even worry about it. I'm cool."

"Alright, man."

Fin

Less dramatically you could do what I do.

"Dude, try this shit."

"I can't, man, I'm asthmatic. Inhaling anything will set it off."

"Oh. Well that's shitty."

"Fuck, dude, I know, but I'd rather breathe."

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Hookah isn't necessarily drugs though is it? If it's the same as Shisha then it's really made for smoking flavoured tobacco or sugar cane molasses. If it's that then smoke it up, it tastes good.

Then again it could be weed, in that case, a little bit won't harm you, but neither will not doing it at all. Your choice man.
Quote by G.Krizzel

Who said the friends were only guys lmao

Quote by MakinLattes

See sig for verification

Quote by G.Krizzel

I KNOW RIGHT!!!???

This guy HAS to be troll. I don't do drugs and my name is Blazeman444? As if.

Might as well have been Blazeman420.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by blazeman444
I hope everybody there will be chill with it then. Its all just a personal decision but hearing what I want to hear always makes it easier to relax about it

Aye man, they will. It's not as if you not partaking will ruin their fun. It's more for them

It's also just a way of using tobacco. As awful as tobacco is, the effects it has are incredibly mild. Some would even call it non-existent until you have a nicotine tolerance. If anything, they'll be a little bit calmer. But it should be a really relaxed social setting. You should be able to really enjoy yourself.
Quote by SteveHouse
Less dramatically you could do what I do.

"Dude, try this shit."

"I can't, man, I'm asthmatic. Inhaling anything will set it off."

"Oh. Well that's shitty."

"Fuck, dude, I know, but I'd rather breathe."

There aren't enough asthma attacks or nebulizers. This does not grip me. I am not being gripped.
Quote by Baconator1228
Just say no thanks I'm good or something. Peer pressure isn't like what they said it is in elementary school.

This.

I often hang out with many a stoner, new friends and old friends. And I think out of the thousand times I've been asked to get blazed with them, I've only got one "Cmooooooooon!" And even then he was just joking around. Honestly it's extremely easy to say no. And with your friend with you, I'm sure it'll be easier.
Someone on the pit who doesnt do drugs?
Hm this is a first.

But seriously tell her you got called in to work at [insert time here].
And if you dont have a job, then well you might as well lie about that too.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I KNOW RIGHT!!!???

This guy HAS to be troll. I don't do drugs and my name is Blazeman444? As if.

Might as well have been Blazeman420.

lmao

but DOES NO ONE LOOK AT SIGS?!?!?!?!?!

Quote by MakinLattes
There aren't enough asthma attacks or nebulizers. This does not grip me. I am not being gripped.

I can help with that >_>

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by blazeman444
lmao

but DOES NO ONE LOOK AT SIGS?!?!?!?!?!

I looked at it. Only A STONER WOULD SAY SUCH THINGS.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Yeah dude, just say no and make it firm enough that there is not question.

After the first no, they might be like "Aww come on man...."

But usually a second no, and they will leave you alone.

That's what I do when I peer pressure people anyways lol
The religious myth is the most powerful device ever created, and serves as the psychological soil upon which other myths can flourish.
I spent the entire summer of 08 hanging out with my friends from 9pm - 1am every night at one of the local cafes. My friends would session 2-3 bowls and I would just sit and chat and sip on some tea. The smokers want you to smoke because... well... it's fun, tastes great, and it's a nice social experience (assuming they know how to hookah and have good flavors). You don't have to participate in the smoking.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
If offered, a simple "no thanks" is all that's needed.

You're inviting further discussion on the topic if you bring up things like "I don't do that stuff." Don't mention anything about not doing drugs unless the topic comes up. Hookah isn't really a drug, and people there will be more than happy to inform you of your mistake if you use "drug" the wrong way.

You don't always have to give a reason for everything.
stick to your guns. they will respect that more

Speaking from past experience, when you expect people to peer pressure you load, and come up with some great quips to stop it, you end up being a little disappointed when they just shrug it off
if you havent had a hookah before, try it. its a cultural experience. its not going to get you high, since it is just tobacco, after all. and its not like you will hit the hookah often, so you dont need to worry about addiction. but yeah thats just me
Contrary to middle-school propaganda films, people don't get all upset if you don't want to take a drug with them.
Check out my band Disturbed
IS IT WEED FROM THE HOOKAH OR TOBACCO???

Either way, just take a puff and relax. Chicks think your badass when they see you go out of your comfort zone for them
Quote by G.Krizzel
You'll be in one house with TWO girls ?!?!?!?!

Dude, you really DO NOT NEED drugs...

Youre Right! Somebody, GET ME A CUP!

Thank you everyone for the help, it seems strange to ask for something like that but I just wanted to know what to expect. Staying clean ftw.

shisha is just tobacco...
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
Page 1 of 4