Poll: Do you play both the guitar and bass?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you play both the guitar and bass?
Yes, I play both the guitar and bass.
177 72%
No, I only play the guitar.
53 22%
No, I only play the bass.
16 7%
Voters: 246.
Page 1 of 3
Hey guys, I'm doing some market research and we at JamPlay want to know how many of you guitarists out there play both the standard guitar (electric or acoustic) and also play the bass guitar.

Please vote in the poll and let us know if you do play both and also if you don't play both.

Thanks everyone!

Jason Mounce
JamPlay.com
Last edited by JamPlayJason at Aug 23, 2011,
Quote by RU Experienced?
What's bass?

This, I believe:

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Weirdbag
You mean that beginner guitar?

Please die. In a fire, if possible.
I'M A COWBOY
I also play the salmon and the trout.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Quote by Silent Murder
I also play the salmon and the trout.

I play both, but guitar is my main instrument.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: A bunch of forced listening by my composition teacher... some great stuff by Bach, Haydn, Mozart, Schubert, Liszt...

GTA V! ... the 120th game of the franchise.
ive played my friends bass guitar, but i only have a guitar, i want a bass though
Music is a universal language and it need not be translated, with it soul speaks to soul.
I started on bass, then quickly moved to lead guitar, but i still play bass from time to time.

Quite a lot of guitarists also play bass, but there aren't many who are brilliant at both.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
I started as a guitarist and later picked up the bass, I play both now.
I don't own a bass, but I play bass with my bands sometimes, and I write some of the basslines that my bassist uses. Does that count?
If you can play one, you can play the other. Get mad bassfags
Check out my band Disturbed
Both. In fact I'd consider bass my main instrument now after strating on guitar.
Quote by element4433
What if the way their wieners were positioned they could only pee into each other's mouths?

And one had his finger joined to the other's butthole?

PLAY
UG
MINECRAFT

Or don't. Yeah don't.
I've been playing guitar for 11 years and it's and will always be my main instrument, but it's funny that in my band I play bass guitar instead (6 string though, I like to keep the number of strings unchanged )
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
I played the bass in music class. I wouldn't call myself a bassist but I think pretty much any guitarist can play bass.
Day man
Fighter of the Night man
Champion of the sun
You’re a master of karate and friendship…for everyone
lol at bassists who say they play guitar. Everyone knows bassists don't like playing instruments where they can be heard!
the bass is just a guitar without a B or high E string and an octave lower. there are many techniques you need to learn and grow callouses, but in terms of theory and knowledge and how to get around the instrument, if you play guitar, you can play bass too.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Last edited by laid-to-waste at Aug 23, 2011,
I started out playing guitar and after about 6 years of that i Started playing bass as well, and at the moment I'm enjoying the bass much more when playing with a full band. If I'm on my own I'd rather pick up my acoustic guitar.
I play both.

In that I actually play both.
I swear most people who say "I play guitar so I can play bass" would think they could play the Cello merely cos they can make a sound from it.
I play lead guitar in a folk metal band, and fretless bass in a tech death band.

Come at me
I play bass if I have one.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
I play both.

In that I actually play both.
I swear most people who say "I play guitar so I can play bass" would think they could play the Cello merely cos they can make a sound from it.

PFFFFFFFFFT, I love when Bassists try to sound mighty when guitarists say they can play bass since they can play guitar.

Next to everything is the same, if you can play guitar very well, and can't play bass at all, you're doing something very very wrong.

You CAN play bass if you're good at guitar, not because "ololol 2 less strings" Because it's the same idea but with more root notes most of the time and the notes are still the same.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
i play keyboard bass, but not bass guitar. does that count?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by laid-to-waste
the bass is just a guitar without a B or high E string and an octave lower. there are many techniques you need to learn and grow callouses, but in terms of theory and knowledge and how to get around the instrument, if you play guitar, you can play bass too.

This.
Quote by laid-to-waste

I really hope you're trolling. That was an extremely dumb and ignorant statement.

If you play guitar, you do NOT also automatically play bass. I play bass, and I dont say i play guitar. Because guess what? They're completely different. Different mindset, theory, notation, feel, everything. They aren't the same thing.
pinga
I've only ever touched a bass twice and I was just dicking around on it both times.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Page 1 of 3