Hey so I got this question about leaving my guitar just out in the open and not in its case. You see, it gets a bit irritating to have to pick up my case, open it up, and take the guitar out when I have my little urges throughout the day to suddenly wanna just play it. Putting it back is also sort of a hassle for me.

What I want to know is, if I just leave it out on a guitar stand would it cause it any damage or alter the guitar in any way? I live in Vegas and its usually pretty dry and hot when the A/C isn't on. Would those conditions damage in any way?
Current/Main Gear
'06 MIA Fender Stratocaster
'97 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Lim. Ed.
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
The guitar won't get any damage unless you keep it near any heater, fireplace and so on.
dont leave the guitar cable plugged into the guitar.

many, many threads about someone pulling over a guitar after tripping on it's
cable.

also, invest in a good A frame stand.

you want a low center of gravity.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
There are many guitar stands that have little arms you can flip over to keep them from arbitrarily falling over. Also, everything jj said.

Alternatively, just whatever. I leave my telecaster leaned against the counter, on my couch, on my table. Wherever I happen to lay it, I lay it. It's indestructible.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Yea I have a guitar stand like that already. I just wanted to know if leaving it out in the open would cause like neck damage, fret wear, string wear, or things of that sort. And yea the summer heat makes me a bit lazy to have to go through all that just to play my guitar at random times
Current/Main Gear
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
Leave it on a stand and take the cable out you'll be grand. you would probably be wise to invest in something like a Hercules stand, but it's not necessary.
Make sure to dust it off and clean it frequently as well.
It'll be fine just chillin on a stand, +1 on the cable thing, i personally dont do it but i keep my stand like right in front of my amp. but whenever its not at home i keep it in the case.
-Peavey 6505+
-Bugera 333xl(w/6l6 pt's) -dead
-412 X-pattern loaded w/ WGS veteran30s & HM75s
-Gibson Les Paul, SD Blackouts *being worked on back to stock*
-Jackson DR7, EMGs
-LTD MH417
-Peavey Vyper 75w
i never put my guitars in their cases unless i am taking them out of the house to band practice or a gig.

i have a couple of floor stands and some wall brackets. obviously nowhere near heaters or direct sunlight etc.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
thanks guys. Looks like Ill be seeing its beauty much more often now lol
Current/Main Gear
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
It just stresses me out leaving my expensive guitars on the stand. You never know what's going to happen, but it's only a matter of time...
One thing I've learned. Don't leave it so that air from the ac vents hit it. The strings get rusted in less Ghana day like that. Little things like that.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
I leave at least 2 guitars out on stands my PRS and then an alternate.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Only time any of these gets put in a case is when I´m going to a gig, otherwise they are ready and waiting to be played.
Quote by n1ckn1ce
You are... a bit lazy? I would kill at least TWO people to get a solid case.

Or you could buy one.