Ok so we had a few tracks recorded at the end of college (UK) last year and the tech put an effect on the intro of on of the songs. I think it's a flange, but he said it was timed or something. Would somebody be able to guide me to a pedal that would replicate the sound

The song can be found on http://www.soundcloud.com/convexmusic and is called 'You're Not a Stranger Anymore', I would have just linked to our Facebook (in sig) but you have too like the page to listen and it may seem like spam. Buuuut if anybody does like it check out our Facebook page

Thanks
Sounds like a flange to me.
Probably any half decent flange could do that.
Hell, I think even the Danelectro FAB Flange could do that (and its the crappiest flange ever made IMO).

And the tech said it was timed?
WTF does that even mean in that context?
He set the modulation speed to match the meter maybe?
Last edited by CodeMonk at Aug 23, 2011,
Quote by CodeMonk
Sounds like a flange to me.
Probably any half decent flange could do that.
Hell, I think even the Danelectro FAB Flange could do that (and its the crappiest flange ever made IMO).

And the tech said it was timed?
WTF does that even mean in that context?
He set the modulation speed to match the meter maybe?

Probably, my Gmajor can set delays/modulation effects to a meter.
WTLTL 2011
Thanks for the replys, so just any Flanger will do really? Do Boss do a good one? Our other guitarist plans on getting one and he loves boss pedals aha
when you add effects after the guitar tracks been recorded with protools or something similar you get the option to use flangers,chorus, etc. that are set to the given tempo so you can get one flange cycle per measure, or every 2 measures and so on.
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
Definitely a flange, as everyone else has said! Where abouts in the UK are you? I'm sure the Boss one would be passible, but you can probably get a better one for the price if you look elsewhere. Maybe check out gumtree, i always see the ibanez ones on there, and they seem pretty cool

I like the sound of your demos by the way!