Page 1 of 2
In the past few days I made a couple of threads regarding some personal computer issues.

Recently I re-installed windows XP, then I became convinced that windows 7 is so much better so I installed it, but to me, it turned out to be a flashy-looking overly annoying and hard-to-set-up-the-way-you-want-it-to-be operating system. My PC load is MORE than it was with XP, meaning it works louder and lags a bit more, perhaps that has something to do with my PC being no so powerful and mighty, but favoring performance over everything else, I'm going to re-install back to windows xp and enjoy good ol' fashion MMORPG games.

"To microsoft:

Dear microsoft, I have never payed for any of your products, and never will. I don't need your stupid directx11 because a good game is good even without overly excessive graphics. **** you. Google>microsoft."

And I am aware that windows XP is a microsoft product.

Share your stories!

In the end, I'm just happy I could finally settle in on something I know how to tweak till the very bottom.
Arent you the one with the crappy Pentium 4 and the equally crap 5450?
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

I also happen to be the one to possess a high-end PC across my room, to which I would too install windows XP.

Edit:

I just generally didn't like it.
I think you make a perfect candidate for macs, sadly.

OT: I've used windows 7 ultimate since it came out. Works perfect, never had a problem with it. Good performane, UI and stability. I know how to use it, though, which separates windows users from mac users.

████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
been using it since it came out never had any computer problems cept my internet going out becasue i forgot to pay the bill or my computer overheating from overclocking it but i admit that was my fault
Quote by Kensai
I think you make a perfect candidate for macs, sadly.

OT: I've used windows 7 ultimate since it came out. Works perfect, never had a problem with it. Good performane, UI and stability. I know how to use it, though, which separates windows users from mac users.

This man is right.
1969 Honey Burst Les Paul
2001 Gibson SG
2009 Martin D-15m
2006 Fender Sonoran

1979 MusicMan HD130 2-12
Framus 2-12 V30's
Blackstar HT5

Blackstar Dist-x
Boss DS-1
Crybaby Wah
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone

View my Pedal Thread
I haven't had any problems setting up windows 7. Its waaaaay more stable than XP. You can also get it to look pretty much exactly like XP.

Its also a big step up from vista I think.
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
I'd like to know how you tested your load with Windows 7. Many softwares and games perform better on 7 even though the difference is almost non-existent. Maybe Macs would fit you better.
E:-6
B:-0
G:-5
D:-6
A:-0
E:-3
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
Nope, the Pentium 4 would be me
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Esperanza Spalding, Vulfpeck, Caravan Palace

It is I, the mighty shitkicker, as prophesied by JustRooster. Obey me.
*cough* Linux. */cough*

Really, if you want performance, there's a reason that the majority of supercomputers, mini computers, servers, and rendering farms run linux or some type of openBSD.
Quote by Flibo
I'd like to know how you tested your load with Windows 7. Many softwares and games perform better on 7 even though the difference is almost non-existent. Maybe Macs would fit you better.

It's quite easy, I perform all the usual tasks I always do, my PC games lag more on high graphics, my PC generally makes more noise, and generally runs slower.

Perhaps windows 7 is better, but my PC can't handle it normally I believe.

Quote by SlayingDragons
*cough* Linux. */cough*

Really, if you want performance, there's a reason that the majority of supercomputers, mini computers, servers, and rendering farms run linux or some type of openBSD.

I have a PC for mainly 2 reasons

1) making, recording, mixing music

2) playing my favorite video games(doesn't work well with linux)
Last edited by Zeletros at Aug 23, 2011,
well there is WINE
but its still too buggy
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by DarkTom666
It took me not more than 10 minutes to setup my windows 7 UI to look like XP.

Man, it's not the UI that bugs me.
Quote by DarkTom666
It took me not more than 10 minutes to setup my windows 7 UI to look like XP.

There's a lot more to an OS than the DE. >_>

A lot more. Making it look like XP isn't going to make it use less resources...
A Mac would be right up your ally. You can use bootcamp to install windows xp if your games don't exist on a Mac.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

win7>xp

ts stop whining
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Windows has always sucked. And so has Mac's ****in spawn.
i don't know why i feel so dry
after reading through thread longer, i have come to conclusion TS has a shitty computer and complains because of technological progress and his computer being shit and unable to run it.

cry m0ar, really.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by Zeletros
I don't need your stupid directx11 because a good game is good even without overly excessive graphics.

I have never heard of a game having "excessive" graphics.
Quote by CoreysMonster
I have never heard of a game having "excessive" graphics.

Pfft, games don't need good graphics to be fun.

Quote by JimmyBanks6
after reading through thread longer, i have come to conclusion TS has a shitty computer and complains because of technological progress and his computer being shit and unable to run it.

cry m0ar, really.

But yeah, this pretty much what I got from TS.
Last edited by SlayingDragons at Aug 23, 2011,
Quote by Zeletros
In the past few days I made a couple of threads regarding some personal computer issues.

Recently I re-installed windows XP, then I became convinced that windows 7 is so much better so I installed it, but to me, it turned out to be a flashy-looking overly annoying and hard-to-set-up-the-way-you-want-it-to-be operating system. My PC load is MORE than it was with XP, meaning it works louder and lags a bit more, perhaps that has something to do with my PC being no so powerful and mighty, but favoring performance over everything else, I'm going to re-install back to windows xp and enjoy good ol' fashion MMORPG games.

"To microsoft:

Dear microsoft, I have never payed for any of your products, and never will. I don't need your stupid directx11 because a good game is good even without overly excessive graphics. **** you. Google>microsoft."

And I am aware that windows XP is a microsoft product.

Share your stories!

In the end, I'm just happy I could finally settle in on something I know how to tweak till the very bottom.

I know the answer to your problem.

(Invalid img)
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by SlayingDragons
Pfft, games don't need good graphics to be fun.

Oh I agree entirely, but I still have never heard someone go "Dayum, this game would be amazing if it weren't for all of these excessive graphics! They look too good, it's making the game horrible to play!"
My Windows 7 installation is a beast. You must just be an idiot.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by CoreysMonster
Oh I agree entirely, but I still have never heard someone go "Dayum, this game would be amazing if it weren't for all of these excessive graphics! They look too good, it's making the game horrible to play!"

I know, that was the joke.

Related, I hate when more focus is put on the graphics and making it look pretty than the actual gameplay.
Quote by SlayingDragons
I know, that was the joke.

Dammit, I couldn't tell if you were joking or not and decided you were being 100% serious. You win again, internet!
Quote by fearofthemark
A Mac would be right up your ally. You can use bootcamp to install windows xp if your games don't exist on a Mac.

Exactly!

I just worked in a workplace where all the PCs are Windows and I was doing some fairly light stuff, using adobe dreamweaver, wordpad and internet explorer all at the same time (omg!) and I must have lost at least half an hour each day to freezing, force-closing, losing work I had saved just before a freeze, restarting, shutting down, it was awful. All of them were like it. Macs take minimal maintenance to work fine.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Exactly!

I just worked in a workplace where all the PCs are Windows and I was doing some fairly light stuff, using adobe dreamweaver, wordpad and internet explorer all at the same time (omg!) and I must have lost at least half an hour each day to freezing, force-closing, losing work I had saved just before a freeze, restarting, shutting down, it was awful. All of them were like it. Macs take minimal maintenance to work fine.

if the macs were as old as that pc, they would barely work either.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by CoreysMonster
Dammit, I couldn't tell if you were joking or not and decided you were being 100% serious. You win again, internet!

Mwahahaha!
Generally lag and crap isn't Windows, it's the badly written drivers which are inefficient.

Windows 7 hoses all over XP and Vista.
Quote by JimmyBanks6

You mean to tell me my Mac will become outdated? It's not a tool that will last me forever and automatically build its own hardware upgrades and install them for me?
That it will not eventually build itself into a fully anatomically correct female body so that I can make love to my mac in better ways than this:

Steve Jobs lied to me!
Quote by JimmyBanks6

They ran windows 7. I've worked on older macs than that that haven't thrown tantrums every time you tried to actually do some work.
you annoy me beyond hell, TS.

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
I know the answer to your problem.

(Invalid img)

i think you meant this?

There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
It seems like you're having a go at Microsoft for some really dumb reasons. Seriously? You "convinced" yourself that 7 was better, but you didn't realise that as on OS released 6 years later, which is a lifetime in terms of computers, that the system requirements would go up?

EDIT: Post your systems specs, let's have a look at what kind of machine you have.
Last edited by LordBishek at Aug 24, 2011,
Quote by SlayingDragons
There's a lot more to an OS than the DE. >_>

A lot more. Making it look like XP isn't going to make it use less resources...

Actually, it is, because it wouldn't be using aero.
hello
Page 1 of 2