SOLVED:
I stupidly bought a Kramer sustainer pickup but it didnt include the electronics.

Just wondering if anyone has a schematic or knows how I could build a driver for the sustainer.

All I want to be able to do is switch it on and off, even if it can't be used as a normal humbucker in off position.

I figured out just to build a ruby amp http://www.runoffgroove.com/ruby.html
Last edited by ToneMasterDelux at Aug 23, 2011,
The Ruby amp tends to be touted as a sustainer circuit solution by many who are unable to design their own circuit - it'll give you results of a fashion but has some major failings.

It'd be useful if you could measure the DC resistance & post back (the inductance too...but most don't have an inductance meter)

ProjectGuitar.com tends to have a lot of posts about DIY sustainers.
Last edited by HankMcSpank at Aug 24, 2011,
I found a good one a while back... it was a hybrid design. Lookup the Ruby/Fetzer schematic sustainer.... It looked really promising (was the one I was going to build), I think the guy that put it up had videos too.
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
Quote by HankMcSpank
The Ruby amp tends to be touted as a sustainer circuit solution by many who are unable to design their own circuit - it'll give you results of a fashion but has some major failings.

It'd be useful if you could measure the DC resistance & post back (the inductance too...but most don't have an inductance meter)

ProjectGuitar.com tends to have a lot of posts about DIY sustainers.

Yea I saw all the Project guitar ones but they seem pretty specific to each custom sustainer. I did find this however The problem is that there is a microchip or something that plugs into that which I am asking around for schematics for.

Sadly I dont have an inductance meter but I may know someone who does.
Quote by ma_tt11
I found a good one a while back... it was a hybrid design. Lookup the Ruby/Fetzer schematic sustainer.... It looked really promising (was the one I was going to build), I think the guy that put it up had videos too.

I think I saw that... Was it some video in french with english subs? and a link to a french site?
That's just a 'wiring the board & driver up into your guitar's wiring' diagram ...what you are missing is the sustainer circuit diagram, below is a kramer sustainer schematic, but not component values (you can see why I don't rate the ruby as a sustainer circuit!)...

Last edited by HankMcSpank at Aug 24, 2011,