Hey!

So I've been working on some new material and for the sake of money and time I'm going to try and get some singles out with my own home recording devices.....yeahhhhh

I'll be honest i don't have much of anything as far as recording interfaces and gear goes, but any insight would be helpful on this track called "Notebook"

No vocals have been recorded yet, I'll put up a second track with those once we record them. It'll be kind of like an old mayday parade, two lead male vocalist kind of thing.

Things like too much bass in the drums or less treble on the guitars or not enough compression.....or anything else actually. I'm NOT a recording engineer but I'm trying my hardest.

Comments on ANYTHING are welcome. Song writing, recording, tones, instrumentation. ALL IS WELCOME.

Thanks and I look forward to what you guys have to say.

LINK TO LISTEN: http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/rhoadsboy815/music/all/play1037075
MAKE SURE YOU HIT "NOTEBOOK MIX TEST"

P.S. If that link is being buggy then just click my username to the left (Rhoadsboy815) and click "Notebook Mix Test" In the music player.
-Aaron
GEAR

Schecter Synyster Custom w/ EVH D TUNA
Peavey EVH Wolfgang w/ EVH D TUNA
Custom Purple Strat
LTD EX400BD
Gibson SG-X
Marshall Valvestate AVT 50h Head
Peavey 4x12 Stereo Cab

Female Fronted Pop/Punk Right HERE For Ya!
Last edited by rhoadsboy815 at Aug 23, 2011,
Yeah i think the cymbals are too loud too but i don't have an eq or mixer to turn them down so im screwed there. I just try to turn the drums down as much as i can without losing my snare and kick. I was considering turning up the trebs on the guitars though. Thanks
GEAR

Custom Purple Strat
LTD EX400BD
Gibson SG-X
Peavey 4x12 Stereo Cab

I think the song itself is pretty nice!

If you've got MIDI for the drums I can send you a much better drum track. Guitars are a bit fizzy, especially during the palm muted parts, trying rolling your gain back a bit. The lead parts sounds pretty good, I like that tone a lot. It's kinda difficult to give mixing advice if you cant really do anything to the drums, but for someone who doesn't really record stuff, this sounds halfway decent!
Hi there.
The drums are fine, but as someone above said, the cymbals are too loud, I would fix that.
The chord progression of the guitar is great. And the spaces you leave for vocals are really great for a singer to sing along.
Its a good tune overall.

Please, have a look on my video, and if you will, leave a comment at it?
Thanks man!
Space Pyramid

My songs
My Band songs

Gear:
Vox PathFinder R15
Epiphone G-400
Accord Strato
Acoustic Guitar
POD HD 300
Boss MT2
Boss CH1
Boss DS1
Tascam US-122 MKII
AT 2020 mic
Thanks for the compliments guys! Also in reply to odirunn, i'm actually using guitar pro to do the drums. Along with the RSE it came with. I have an old version heh....I've tried to get into the mide realm of drums and i can't figure it out. I know i can export my drum track as midi but that's as far as i got. I'd like to get a better sound than what i got but i dunno how! Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks!

Aaron
GEAR

Custom Purple Strat
LTD EX400BD
Gibson SG-X
Peavey 4x12 Stereo Cab

You can export the MIDI from guitar pro and then import it into a DAW and run it through a VSTi such as EZdrummer, Superior Drummer, Addictive Drums, etc that have real drum samples.
Im trying to mess with it now. Any of these programs free? or at least have a trial period i can test them out with? I'll be honest i don't know what a vsti is but i don't want to bug you too much about this stuff. I'm gonna try and figure it out by clicking around heh
GEAR

Custom Purple Strat
LTD EX400BD
Gibson SG-X
Peavey 4x12 Stereo Cab

im preferable of steven slate drums myself. the way they're premixed you can basically mix your bass instruments around the kick drum and then just do your high end like normal and it sounds pretty good. as far as i know none of the good drum sounds are free.
looks like i need to save up some dough for superior drummer. That one looks the best so far out of all of em.
GEAR

Custom Purple Strat
LTD EX400BD
Gibson SG-X
Peavey 4x12 Stereo Cab