Well, I've been looking around for the last few days and I can't seem to find anything I like. I've considered a Jackson DXMG, but it's basswood and I'm scared of it breaking easily, I've considered many different Ibanez's, but apparently they all go out of tune easily, I've looked at BC Richs, but no...just no. I need a good guitar for metal that fits my price range, but I can't find one.

Specifications:

- $600 budget
- 24 Jumbo frets
- Decent wood
- Humbucker pickups
- Any scale

Can anyone recommend me any guitars? Also, are double locking tremolos the ones that go out of tune so frequently? I can't remember
First, avoid the floyd at this price range. You will get totally frustrated if you can't set them up and by the fact that the floyd won't be tough enough to take abuse. Get a fixed bridge. If you want a decent floyd, save moar. End of.

Second, how the hell does a basswood guitar just break? It's a piece of wood not a breadstick. There is nothing wrong with basswood.

Third, be more specific to what you want. There are hundreds of guitars that fit what you want. Can you narrow it down?
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Aug 23, 2011,
Ibanez SAS32EX is good just about $600, maybe if you get a used one you could get an Ibanez S420-BBS or Ibanez S420-WK? also schecter do some okay guitars, i dont like them though, i find them chunky
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
You cannot go wrong Jackson, You can get a very decent one for that price for 600, also look into schecter guitars.
Quote by christfudge
Joe Satriani + Kirk Hammett = Joe Satriani

Quote by Vornik
I got really drunk, dropped some acid and found myself about 12 feet away from a black bear. Though you should know.
oh also, the ibanez rga42. check out some agiles, they are nice
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Are you willing to go used? If so, why, first of all, and second, where do you live? (so we can find some shit for ya)

Also, I hate to ask this, but what's your rig right now? If you want a different sound, it's better if you get a new amp.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
I recommend ESP/LTD. I think they have nice, good quality guitars for that price. I would also recommend the deluxe series guitars for a little more cash.

Also shecter. Great guitars, however I'm not familiar with what they have to offer at that particular price range. Still, I'd check it out.
Quote by robertsanidiot
I recommend ESP/LTD. I think they have nice, good quality guitars for that price. I would also recommend the deluxe series guitars for a little more cash.

Seconded. And thats not because I have an F-200 on ebay
If you go low end LTD. You wont be happy. Mid to high end LTD's are great guitars for a great price
A basswood guitar doesn't just break.

When people say basswood is soft, they mean it dents slightly more easily than other woods, not that it's gonna snap in half.
i own a Jackson wrxt warrior. it's a good guitar for it's money. the shape is a little wierd but it plays and sounds decent.

oh, and i have it for 4 years now and the wood hasn't broken yet so you don't have to worry about that :d

why don't you try some guitars at your music store?
Quote by Jakexx
but it's basswood and I'm scared of it breaking easily

Not sure what your on about here, basswood is pretty tough and a decent tone wood.

I've considered many different Ibanez's, but apparently they all go out of tune easily

The cheap ones with the EDGE III do, with 600 dollars you could buy a 550 or a Prestige if you go 2nd hand.

Can anyone recommend me any guitars?

Ibanez RG550/1570/2550, RGA121/321, S540/740 ART700
LTD EC1000/400, MH1000/400, EX400/360, V500, DV800
Jackson DK2M, DK2, SL3mg, Dinky, RR3/5
Epiphone Prophecy SG/LP/Futura, Explorer 1984, Flying V
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Godin Redline,
Carvin DC series
PRS SE Toreo

To name a few if you go 2nd hand

Also, are double locking tremolos the ones that go out of tune so frequently? I can't remember

If you buy a guitar with a shitty one yes.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
nvm not 24 fret....
16' Gibson SG Std.
15' Ibanez JEM Jr.
OD9 Pro+>CM-2>BC-2>Wylde Phase>Gravy>Flashback
Marshall JCM800>V212(Vet.30/ET-65)
Ibanez TSA15H>1x12 (G12n-65)
Randall RVC5>1x12 (G12n-65)
Last edited by twisty571 at Aug 23, 2011,
Quote by vince1991
i own a Jackson wrxt warrior. it's a good guitar for it's money. the shape is a little wierd but it plays and sounds decent.

oh, and i have it for 4 years now and the wood hasn't broken yet so you don't have to worry about that :d

why don't you try some guitars at your music store?

Yup, you might check your music store first.
Quote by rayven1lk
try out ESP's man...

^^^^^^^^ this. ESP EC-1000. With Emg's
GUITARS:
PRS Custom 24 (Black Slate 10 top w/birds)
ESP E-II Horizon NT-III (RDB)
ESP Eclipse II - Snow White

AMPS:
Mesa Rectoverb combo
Tom 1.0 just reminded me, the prophecy lp is on sale for $600, its usually $800. I'm not sure if the sg, or other prophecy models are on sale too. But that's a nice guitar right there. Built for metal.
Kramer Assualt, Kramer Vangaurd, they seem to fit your specs except they're a few hundred dollars cheaper.
BLANKBLANK
Ibanez Rg eigher with a fixed brigde (might fit your budget quite well) or a premium (dont know their price in $ im from germany and the Ibanez premium might be to expensive for your budget but they are good and have a good tremolo-system)
If you want a tremolo, look at an Ibanez with a ZR trem. They are on some of their cheaper guitars and will not go out of tune. Or you can find a used Japanese Ibanez with an Edge or a LoPro tremolo. Those are rock solid as well.

If you were considering a DXMG for $600, then you should consider a DKMG, it's nearly the same, but with an alder body and carved top. They can be found used for $300 and up. I would get one without a tremolo though.
Quote by Zerox8610
Main issue here is the scale. Do you want a baritone scale guitar??

No its not

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Grab a used Schecter c-1 hellraiser. Replace the pickups with Bareknuckles and you're good to go.
Just played. PRS se 245. They run for 645 at my Samash. It plays great and definately can do metal and ot plays like a dream. Only drawback is no trem since most the guitars u r looking at have terms. Also a used Jackson dk2 would be good
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Wait a minute.... o_o the LTD is a baritone scale tho? Isn't it...? I thought that's what the B was. Correct me if I'm wrong I don't know a lot about the ESP/LTD model numbers other than Higher is generally better.

WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT edit btw WAIT WAIT

I thought the post at the top of this page was the FIRST post. Disregard everything up to this point from me.
Last edited by Zerox8610 at Aug 24, 2011,
Ah you have it on 20pp no worries,

if that were the case you would be spot on, sorry

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb