Hello there UG! Ive got a ESP LTD F-200 for sale on ebay, but it doesnt seem to be picking up much interest. Ive also got a fretless guitar project up for grabs that I never finished, being sold with all the parts that I could find from last year . The project guitar has way more views and watchers even though its only been online for 2 days. I mainly play bass, and there are plenty of fretless basses so you can be picky, but fretless guitars are much more rare. I could easily defret my F-200 and finish it all nice and pretty if that means it would get more interest and sell quickly, but it doesnt really seem like theres much interest in fretless guitars...changes the tone completely!

TL;DR
So lets say you HAD to choose between a standard [insert guitar model here. Lets say the F-200 for illustration purposes] with frets or a fretless model that was cheaper. Which would you choose?
Im itching to defret it
I may not be able to resist the temptation tonight

This is what my fretless bass looks like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyKIbBM_C-8

The neck finish isnt horrible seee?
That was my first time using the stuff and I poured it in a dusty room
Last edited by RedPorkbun at Aug 23, 2011,
Took the strings off to get a better look at the neck. Dont think the body shape will suit the sound and perfect frets dont make me want to get rid of them But if its ont even going to sell for $230, I might as well go for it
Thread revival action. Finally put the guitar together after two months. The action is almost as low as it can go and it gets some fretless "mwah" sound if you play it right. Sliding up and down the neck is identical to the tremelo, so If I do this again, Ill make sure to do it on a guitar that doesnt have a Floyd rose! Pics are coming soon
Quote by RedPorkbun
Im itching to defret it
I may not be able to resist the temptation tonight

This is what my fretless bass looks like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyKIbBM_C-8

The neck finish isnt horrible seee?
That was my first time using the stuff and I poured it in a dusty room

The finish looks great...for now.

Sadly, those roundwound strings you got on there are going to chew it up.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
I'm definitely itching to play it, but I think what is stopping people from buying them is there lack of testing. So a relatively low price would definitely help things along.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
As far as guitars go, for personal usage I wouldn't bother with a fretless.

Cheap at the start, more expensive in the long run, and the natural mute of fingers removes things essential to my sound/style.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Had I the money, you bet your sweet ass I'd throw something nice your way for that.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
It is a totally different sound, sliding your finger back and forth sounds like you are using the trem. On top of that, it has the fretless "mwah". Im a bass player, so im not sure if thats the sort of sound people would be looking for in a chord, but the solos sound great as a fretless. I play bass a lot more than guitar, so my guitars usually get sold to buy another bass. Im making the listing to put it up on ebay for auction now.
Last edited by RedPorkbun at Nov 7, 2011,
No thanks.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
I really want/want to play a fretless guitar.

Planning on building one actually
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
I'd love to buy one for electric slide guitar. If I had the money I'd at least consider one now. I've never played one but it seems like I could use a lower action but still use the slide easily.
Probably going to get a guitarist friend to play on some soundclips so you can hear what it sounds like.
*Search in Google for fretless guitars*

Yea I would hate to play that, technically how you play diferent notes
Current Guitar:
- Epiphone PR-150 Acoustic Guitar
- Fender Squire Strat Electric Guitar
a fretless guitar.... u mean a violin?
Blues, classical, metal. Who says you cant love all 3?
Quote by Art Vandalay
I'd love to buy one for electric slide guitar. If I had the money I'd at least consider one now. I've never played one but it seems like I could use a lower action but still use the slide easily.

Completely the opposite. You don't want lower action on a slide guitar. There's no benefit to it at all. Playing slide on a fretless with low action will result in the strings hitting the fretboard, which makes the slide pointless.

Plus, what do you need a slide for if you don't have any frets?

I used to have a fretless, it took some extra concentration to play in tune but it was a lot of fun. Kind of miss it now.
Took me about a day to stop playing directly on the frets like I thought you were supposed to. Its the same thing, just a bit closer to the bridge (fingering wise)