Page 1 of 2
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xhrrme_yyyyyy-blinky-yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy-yyyyy_shortfilms

I don't know what to say.

Yes I'm aware that we have a youtube thread and this would fit under there, but I feel it would be missed by so many people who'd appreciate this.
I felt the whole spectrum of emotions watching this video.
12 minutes?

i rarely last 10 seconds
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6
12 minutes?

i rarely last 10 seconds

I don't know if this was intended to be an innuendo or not, but I'm tempted to sig it regardless.

EDIT: Done.
Last edited by metalh3ad88 at Aug 23, 2011,
Quote by metalh3ad88
I don't know if this was intended to be an innuendo or not, but I'm tempted to sig it regardless.

I'm just like the Jonas Brothers,

I'm no longer relevant and write mediocre music.

watched it all.. ehn

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
got 2 minutes in and almost passed out from boredom
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
Quote by sashki
Well made, but predictable

Yeah, this. I d'awwed at first, but then I was just like "...Yeah, saw that coming."
Quote by SlayingDragons
Yeah, this. I d'awwed at first, but then I was just like "...Yeah, saw that coming."

We all saw it coming from the very beginning. Has there ever been a film about robots and humans living in harmony?
I will admit that even though it was predictable, it was still creepy. The thing that bothers me is that someone actually designed a household robot to have the ability to kill.
Quote by sashki
We all saw it coming from the very beginning. Has there ever been a film about robots and humans living in harmony?
I will admit that even though it was predictable, it was still creepy. The thing that bothers me is that someone actually designed a household robot to have the ability to kill.

all it did was obey!

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by sashki

It had the ability to think, not necessarily kill. Hence why it could figure out how to make meatballs with a child, rather than from the tender, juicy meat of a particular bovine.
Quote by severed-metal
It had the ability to think, not necessarily kill.

I would have thought the programmers would add some sort of preventive measures. Also, why would it understand the word "kill"? That's an accident waiting to happen.
Quote by severed-metal
It had the ability to think, not necessarily kill. Hence why it could figure out how to make meatballs with a child, rather than from the tender, juicy meat of a particular bovine.

Though it heard the mother say "I'll have blinky clean and cook you if you don't clean it up"

The robot made the leap to cook him it seems, what from the kids telling him to kill everyone.

Fucking child got what was coming to him.
i enjoyed it
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
It would have been a lot more powerful, to me at least, had the film ended with Blinky closing the door. Still was pretty good, if a bit predictable as pointed out by others.
I thought it was advertising the invention of an actual house helper robot..then I read the comments.

Haven't seen it yet, will now.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
I'd totally treat Blinky better if I had one.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Well that totally fucked up my day.

I like what he did with the kid though, he deserved it AND it counts as recycling
Spoiler alert!

Not sure I like the idea or how it's exectuted. Initially it was slow as hell and boring to watch, then the "twist" came which there really was no build up to. It just sorta happened and I think you're supposed to think "oh wow, didn't see that one coming, I guess if you looked at the clues I should've known" but it was just "uh, ok... guess he killed a bunch of people for no apparent reason, besides from the kid treating him poorly. Whoop de doo, he's a robot. The actors were quite unconvincing as well and I had a hard time "feeling" any of them.

In conclusion: While being aesthatically pleasing, the clip did nothing for me and the end didn't make me feel anything but "that was just stupid".

Quote by cptcomet
I'd totally treat Blinky better if I had one.

Seeing as how he'd serve you as dinner if you didn't treat him well I think we can all agree that treating him well is the best course (ololol) of action.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Seeing as how he'd serve you as dinner if you didn't treat him well I think we can all agree that treating him well is the best course (ololol) of action.

Quote by Kensai
course (ololol)

Quote by Kensai
course (ololol)

^

"CHOOSE YOUR FATE AND DIE!!"

-- Do as I say, not as I do. --
Dolphin Tits.

"CHOOSE YOUR FATE AND DIE!!"

-- Do as I say, not as I do. --
SPOILERS!!!

The robot was malfunctioning from being left in the rain (which the second advert for blinky seen in the clip said not to do) and being given conflicting orders, causing the murderous rampage (which was mentioned at the begining during the news reports, although that could be a different blinky as it was said later on in the clip that there would be a line re-call and a full refund for any malfunctioning units)
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
Last edited by Vendetta16 at Aug 24, 2011,
Quote by Kensai
Spoiler alert!

Not sure I like the idea or how it's exectuted. Initially it was slow as hell and boring to watch, then the "twist" came which there really was no build up to. It just sorta happened and I think you're supposed to think "oh wow, didn't see that one coming, I guess if you looked at the clues I should've known" but it was just "uh, ok... guess he killed a bunch of people for no apparent reason, besides from the kid treating him poorly. Whoop de doo, he's a robot. The actors were quite unconvincing as well and I had a hard time "feeling" any of them.

In conclusion: While being aesthatically pleasing, the clip did nothing for me and the end didn't make me feel anything but "that was just stupid".

He didn't kill them because the kid wasn't treating him well.
Well didn't the kid tell him to kill him (the kid), his parents, and everyone else. Then the robot broke and had to be restarted. So that's probably why he killed them all imo
sim simma

who got the keys to my beema
a robot would not ever harm a human being because of the three laws of robotics:

1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.

2. A robot must obey any orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.

3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

they were devised by Isaac Asimov for science fiction purposes, but if they ever came into existence, those rules would definitely be installed, so that film, although is realistically in the future, is incredibly unrealistic. i doubt robots wouldn't be waterproof in the future also, so that's not a very good plot line for the future either.

but i did enjoy it in the long run. reminds me of the scott tenorman episode.
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
Last edited by laid-to-waste at Aug 24, 2011,
Quote by laid-to-waste
a robot would not ever harm a human being because of the three laws of robotics:

1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.

2. A robot must obey any orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.

3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

they were devised by Isaac Asimov for science fiction purposes, but if they ever came into existence, those rules would definitely be installed, so that film, although is realistically in the future, is incredibly unrealistic. i doubt robots wouldn't be waterproof in the future also, so that's not a very good plot line for the future either.

That's why the reset was an important plot device. Its likely that these laws were installed, which is part of the raisin that Blinky didn't start his massacre immediately, but once he was reset, the data cluster where the laws were ended up being corrupt or some such nonsense.
Quote by laid-to-waste

but i did enjoy it in the long run. reminds me of the scott tenorman episode.

too bad robots would be programming and programming something like that isnt easy and easily hackable

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Page 1 of 2