I was recently playing my Ovation Condor (Semi Hollowbody similar to the Ovation Hurricane series) and have had a couple issues.

When playing on the bridge pick up the volume suddenly dropped dramatically but the neck pick up is perfectly fine.

The volume and tone knobs have always been scratchy and I know there's dust inside of the guitar so I already know the pots need cleaning. But now the pot for the bridge pick up does absolutely nothing and can only be heard if my amp is on max volume.

I'm wondering whether it's a loose solder joint or maybe the pots are starting to go bad and the bridge volume just happend to go first? I'm not really comfortable opening it up by myself and screwing something up.

Thanks
My Gear
Ovation Condor
Epi Les Paul Traditional Pro Goldtop
Epi Les Paul Traditional Pro Wine Red
Epi 1966 G-400
JCA20H w/ JCA24S Cab
535Q Crybaby/Korg Pitchblack/Slash Octave Fuzz/Script Phase 90/Ibanez FL9 Flanger/Boss DD3 Delay
Buy new pots, a switch, and wire and have a friend who knows how to solder help you replace them. It's a good way to kill an afternoon.
Quote by jpnyc
Buy new pots, a switch, and wire and have a friend who knows how to solder help you replace them. It's a good way to kill an afternoon.

This. But the hell with the friend. Label your wire ends and re-solder to the same positions on the new pots/ switch. Or just pull up a good schematic from seymore duncan or something. Typical wiring is pretty straight foreward and its a great chance to learn!
Also the wiring thread in gb+c can help you out if you get into any trouble.
These parts are also dirt cheap.
What are the differences between getting a 250K Pot or a 500K one? Can I put either in my guitar without changing anything else?
My Gear
Ovation Condor
Epi 1966 G-400
JCA20H w/ JCA24S Cab
535Q Crybaby/Korg Pitchblack/Slash Octave Fuzz/Script Phase 90/Ibanez FL9 Flanger/Boss DD3 Delay
Bump
My Gear
Ovation Condor
Epi 1966 G-400
JCA20H w/ JCA24S Cab