Page 1 of 2
Why can't I buy a Mesa Boogie amp from an American shop and have it sent to Mexico if I'm not US resident? If I want to buy their stuff in my country the price raises to double!!! I just want to order it from an US online site and also pay the shipping (obviously), and Mesa Boogie don't allow any retailer to do it... Do they have a problem with foreign people?
Last edited by Perverockstar69 at Aug 23, 2011,

it is called VAT taxes, customs brokerage, and who can sell what where legally. It has nothing to do with not wanting to work with foreign people.

v......What he said. Listen to him.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Aug 23, 2011,
Mesa have a lot of agreements with their dealers that stop them doing stuff like that. They also can't sell new stock for a reduced price, they have to sell it at the price Mesa sets (which can be good and bad IMO)

What they're doing with that is protecting the businesses of their international dealers. If everyone just bought from the US because its a bit cheaper, none of their international dealers would sell anything, would they?
Well, this is the only guitar gear company I've know who do this (I guess there are more though), and the price we get here is ridiculously higher, I simply can't afford a Mesa Boogie amp for more than 3k's... :S. For me, that's unfair...
Quote by littlephil
Mesa have a lot of agreements with their dealers that stop them doing stuff like that. They also can't sell new stock for a reduced price, they have to sell it at the price Mesa sets (which can be good and bad IMO)

What they're doing with that is protecting the businesses of their international dealers. If everyone just bought from the US because its a bit cheaper, none of their international dealers would sell anything, would they?

By the way... we don't have "official" mesa dealers around my country...
Drive up and buy one. Slap some bumper stickers or fake beat up tolex on it to make it look used and then drive it back. If you bring it back like new expect them to tax you on it.

That is of coarse assuming you don't live that far from the border.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I don't think they are VAT taxes either in this case. Not an expert in the area. I'm sure if Randall had his way he would be selling amps to you with no questions asked...like in the old days.

if randall had his way he'd copyright your face.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
I can't drive and buy one, the border is so far away from here, I don't have a visa and I if want to get one I need a high income... Do you see how hard it is for me to get the amp I want? It makes me sad . I worked and saved money like crazy and now I realize how hard it's for me to get my prize... There has to be a way... ¬¬
Buy one used

All of those dealer agreements Mesa has only apply for new amps, if you can find a used one, and the seller is willing to ship it to you, you're good to go. Plus you'll save some money too.
Quote by R45VT
Drive up and buy one. Slap some bumper stickers or fake beat up tolex on it to make it look used and then drive it back. If you bring it back like new expect them to tax you on it.

That is of coarse assuming you don't live that far from the border.

What about someone else buying it and shipping it to me?
Quote by littlephil
Buy one used

All of those dealer agreements Mesa has only apply for new amps, if you can find a used one, and the seller is willing to ship it to you, you're good to go. Plus you'll save some money too.

I can't find an used royal atlantic ...
^ is that the amp you are after? why? anything else made by mesa? what city are you in?

You need to talk to someone who has shipped (used) goods from the US to Mexico. I mean what happens at the border actually when it arrives at customs? What can you buy at the stores there?
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Aug 23, 2011,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
You need to talk to someone who has shipped (used) goods from the US to Mexico. I mean what happens at the border actually when it arrives at customs? What can you buy at the stores there?

I want the Royal Atlantic. Period! It's my dream come true: versatility, power, brit sound, great cleans, agressive overdrive. No other amp in this price range that does what this can.

@#$%^&* There has to be another way...
I've played the Trans-Atlantic and thought is was OK. Certainly not bad. So you have zero interest in a Stiletto, Rectifier series, Electra-Dyne, etc? They can all do what you described if they have the right tubes. Not to mention there are tons of other amps out there that can do what you want.

but yeah. OK. Cool amp.

good luck
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I've played the Trans-Atlantic and thought is was OK. Certainly not bad. So you have zero interest in a Stiletto, Rectifier series, Electra-Dyne, etc? They can all do what you described if they have the right tubes. Not to mention there are tons of other amps out there that can do what you want.

but yeah. OK. Cool amp.

good luck

None of them has the power soak, feature, I like the Electra-Dyne, a lot actually! But I need the extra channels and more agressive gain, Stiletto do not have the same cleans nor the same overdrive, and the Rectifier has way different gain sound. Believe me, I have done my homework. Oh, and Royal Atlantic sounds a lot better than Trans-Atlantic, I know the RA is inspired by the TA series but it really is different; come on, try the RA, I invite you to do it and make your own judgement.
Quote by AcousticMirror
not a real dream amp.

For me, it is. Just because it's not for you it doesn't mean it has to be that way... It's a fallacy.
You need a friend in the States. When I buy from somebody in the States who wants to hit me up big for something I relay through a friend over there.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
You need a friend in the States. When I buy from somebody in the States who wants to hit me up big for something I relay through a friend over there.

That's what I'm gonna do, thank you!

Another question, is it better if that person brings the amp with him or, maybe, it's cheaper if he ships it to me because of the taxes? (He's coming here anyway).
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
^ that last question really has nothing to do with amps.

you can figure that one out without us

looking forward to trying an RA

lol, you're right, how silly...

Try it, I'm not promising it will be YOUR dream amp or something like that but surely you will think different about it.
If you have any suggestion it's very well accepted.

Cheers!
Surely the best method would be to make it looked used (ie leave the packaging behind) and have your friend bring it down and say it belongs to him?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Surely the best method would be to make it looked used (ie leave the packaging behind) and have your friend bring it down and say it belongs to him?

Quote by Perverockstar69
I want the Royal Atlantic. Period! It's my dream come true: versatility, power, brit sound, great cleans, agressive overdrive. No other amp in this price range that does what this can.

hold on there.

what kind of music do you play?
Quote by gregs1020
hold on there.

what kind of music do you play?

Rock, blues, metal, funk, latin and (my favorite) alternative.
if it's like the ta15 and ta30 then it isn't a metal amp.

played em both, nice amps, not for br00tz though.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
EVH 5150 III

Made in Mexico

not sure about using one for blues though but if it is occasional blues licks you'd be fine

I do have full blues songs, I need really juicy tone for those... I do prefer a very good tone.
Thanks God I live near the border. I understand you TS I would not buy a thing in Mexico not even a god damn pedal everything is way overpriced in music stores. Anyway, cut the rant if you want it you will need to pay. Or give me your money and I will buy it for you, and then suddenly disappear.
Quote by gregs1020
if it's like the ta15 and ta30 then it isn't a metal amp.

played em both, nice amps, not for br00tz though.

It has way more gain than the TA series, check it out on youtube, a guy nicknamed guitarwolfluke has some great videos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjnhSOKvFVs, these ones helped me making up my mind about the amp, I even quoted him in this thread...
Last edited by Perverockstar69 at Aug 24, 2011,
Page 1 of 2