Just like the title says. You just ordered a new piece of gear, how do you fight the excitement that comes with waiting for it to arrive? Gimme your best, Pit.
Kodiak bears make awesome bandmates.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
Play your old instrument.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
think of how ****ed it will be because the ups guy destroyed it, convince yourself it will be ****ed, be happy when you actually get it
have lots of sex. then stop when your item arrives. from one kinda happy to another... it's win.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Hit refresh on the ups site until it says on vehicle for delivery and then wait at the door for the driver to deliver it. I doubt anyone does anything else.
GEAR:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Deluxe
ESP LTD EX-360
Peavey VYPYR 30W

"There's nothing constant in the universe.
All ebb and flow, and every shape that's born,
bears in it's womb, the seeds of change".
Quote by Phalen123
think of how ****ed it will be because the ups guy destroyed it, convince yourself it will be ****ed, be happy when you actually get it

Don't say that! I used to work for UPS, I know how some people handled guitars. Fortunately, mine's not coming UPS, so hopefully I'll be safe.

Quote by sglover34479
Why fight it? You're getting something that you've been wanting and its on it's way. BE HAPPY.

Because, the more excited I get, the slower time seems to move. The next 6 days will last an eternity unless I distract myself somehow.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
Go on with your life as normal until the expected delivery date, maybe checking every day or two if the date has changed. That's what I do anyways.
Steam /PSN/Most Accounts - rjdusa
SCII: rjdusa :351
I make the fedex tracking page my homepage.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Its hard to deal with honestly I get so damn compulsive about it, i'll literally check atleast once an hour to see where it's at. Ive cut back on that though.

just tell yourself it's only a few days from arrival I guess
pinga
I don't fight the excitement, there's no point.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by fearofthemark

+1
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
Forget about it so like 3 days laters its "leik oh hai wutz dis ??? oh ye lololololol i has dat pedulz nom nom nom dat ds-1"

(The above was loosely based around a real life story)
1969 Honey Burst Les Paul
2001 Gibson SG
2009 Martin D-15m
2006 Fender Sonoran

1979 MusicMan HD130 2-12
Framus 2-12 V30's
Blackstar HT5

Blackstar Dist-x
Boss DS-1
Crybaby Wah
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone

View my Pedal Thread
Quote by fearofthemark

I'm waiting on a new motherboard that should be here by Friday. If ALL goes well, I'll have successfully installed OSX on my desktop. I play down the excitement (and expectations) by reasoning that shit'll probably go horribly wrong and it's not gonna happen.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Aug 24, 2011,
Good suggestions thus far. I'm waiting on something to arrive on Wednesday, but I don't know if I'll actually get it that day. It's being shipped to a music store close to me, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to head down that day to get it. Really hoping, though.

Quote by wolvenrick
The first couple days after I've bought something aren't that bad for me. Like the day before and the day of it coming I go crazy though. Last week I bought parts to build a new computer and they came yesterday. The day before (Monday) I was checking UPS's website constantly and going out to the mail box just on the off chance they were there. I should have gotten at least one thing (the graphics card) Monday because it said it was in my city, but I guess they didn't deliver it because it wasn't the "delivery date."

On the other hand though, I ordered a Wifi adapter for my computer last Friday night and I'm getting pretty antsy. Kind of pissed that they didn't ship it until Monday, but oh well. Hopefully it'll come tomorrow.

Class and work definitely helped ease my anxiousness.
There's no death, no end of time when I'm facing it with you...
Quote by Pookie6
Class and work definitely helped ease my anxiousness.

Yeah, normally that'd help me too, but I didn't get scheduled to work this week, and I'm still on summer break.

Quote by wolvenrick
I haven't quite figured out how to deal with it yet.

I bought my new computer Thursday and the order didn't go through until Friday night, so it didn't ship till Monday.

Am I the only person that doesn't get this? I ended up getting ten packages in the mail from various places over the summer and not once did I check the tracking or rush to the mailbox in the hopes that they had arrived...

Tell me I'm not weird, please?
Quote by wizards?
Am I the only person that doesn't get this? I ended up getting ten packages in the mail from various places over the summer and not once did I check the tracking or rush to the mailbox in the hopes that they had arrived...

Tell me I'm not weird, please?

Let me put it this way...When I know something's coming for me, I rape the F5 button on the tracking site, and on the day it's supposed to get here, my ears are peeled for the sound of a diesel engine.

Quote by wolvenrick