Poll: are there any musicans out there that scare you?
Poll Options
View poll results: are there any musicans out there that scare you?
yeah, there's a lot of f*cked up musicians out there
47 29%
no, because i'm not a little p*ssy
36 22%
it's all art anyway. music shouldn't scare you and neither should the artist
31 19%
i'm more disturbed by bubblegum pop stars..
47 29%
Voters: 161.
Page 1 of 3
Robert Johnson would be my pick. Now i listen to a lot of f*cked up sh*t, but there's a sense of unease and eeriness whenever i listen to Johnson's stuff. One time I was walking down route 61 at night, high as sh*t, listening to my ipod and thought this would be the perfect time to play some Robert Johnson songs. That was one of the most frightening, surreal moments in my life. Also, just from the descriptions of how he played these songs (in a corner facing the wall), and his excruciating death makes it even more creepy..

are they any musicians out there that genuinely scare you?
me. i'd sure hate to be all alone with myself in a dark alley.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
My brother is shit scared of Buckethead LOL

I would have to go with Nergal from Behemoth, damn he does some scary crazy shit!!!

for some reason lady gaga weirds me right up.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Slpiknot's guitarist

That guy looks like a fucking giant.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
3rd option
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by WCPhils
Slpiknot's guitarist

That guy looks like a fucking giant.

Mick? Yes, he is quite large. I know he is like 6-2, and he has to weigh 300 lbs
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by CoreysMonster
He's not a musician, but H. R. Giger is just... downright creepy.

He's the one who designed the xenomorphs from Alien.

Anyway, Aphex Twin.

Has to be downright one of the ugliest and scariest musicians I've ever seen.
Last edited by blake1221 at Aug 23, 2011,
Any of the actually satanist Nordic death/black metal bands. You know, the ones who burn down churches and shit... Those guys are ****ing insane.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Quote by blake1221

Has to be downright one of the ugliest and scariest musicians I've ever seen.

He's unbelievably talented though. And seems like a pretty nice dude.

Robert Johnson is one scary mofo.
Quote by FrauVfromPoB
He's unbelievably talented though. And seems like a pretty nice dude.

Robert Johnson is one scary mofo.

I don't doubt that he's nice, and he's extremely talented.

He reminds me of a rat though.
Quote by blake1221
I don't doubt that he's nice, and he's extremely talented.

He reminds me of a rat though.

He only looks scary on old pictures, these days he's become some kind of crazy hippy who rants about love and happiness between songs before screaming "I'M ZILTOOOID! I DON'T GIVE A SHIIIT!" 5 minutes later... which I now realise is kinda freaky
Trent Reznor scares the shit outta me, i would not want to be left in a room alone with him

i enjoy his music, but sometimes, sometimes i wonder why he doesnt have a recording studio in an asylum somewhere
Marylin Manson, Slipknot, pretty much anyone who dresses really dark metal. It's not that I'm scared but I'm either laughing or creeped out. Usually, it's their fashion sense that gets to me.
As much as I love music, the fashion can be pretty absurd. It's not even just metal heads. Woodstock was full of people dressed in girly shirts...

Although some bands can be outright scary like that band that had lost a member (suicide) and then used that member's bone to make a necklace or something. Not sure I have the story right but it was scary.
Day man
Fighter of the Night man
Champion of the sun
You’re a master of karate and friendship…for everyone
Quote by yaaarp
lthough some bands can be outright scary like that band that had lost a member (suicide) and then used that member's bone to make a necklace or something. Not sure I have the story right but it was scary.

that would be Mayhem.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by yaaarp
Marylin Manson, Slipknot, pretty much anyone who dresses really dark metal. It's not that I'm scared but I'm either laughing or creeped out. Usually, it's their fashion sense that gets to me.
As much as I love music, the fashion can be pretty absurd. It's not even just metal heads. Woodstock was full of people dressed in girly shirts...

Although some bands can be outright scary like that band that had lost a member (suicide) and then used that member's bone to make a necklace or something. Not sure I have the story right but it was scary.

That would be Mayhem, a Norwegian black metal band.

I'm shit scared of Varg Vikernes from Burzum, he ****ing killed someone (and brutally too - I think he bludgeoned him to death with a lamp), in fact it was Euronymous from Mayhem.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Aug 23, 2011,
Quote by bradulator

Yeap, Varg Vikernes from the black metal band Burzum. He killed a guy over some dispute, went to prison, and now I think he has been released. Also been charged with burning down churches I think.

Pretty damn metal though.
Quote by CoreysMonster
He only looks scary on old pictures, these days he's become some kind of crazy hippy who rants about love and happiness between songs before screaming "I'M ZILTOOOID! I DON'T GIVE A SHIIIT!" 5 minutes later... which I now realise is kinda freaky

well...case closed.
Quote by oneblackened
That would be Mayhem, a Norwegian black metal band.

I'm shit scared of Varg Vikernes from Burzum, he ****ing killed someone (and brutally too - I think he bludgeoned him to death with a lamp), in fact it was Euronymous from Mayhem.

Varg stabbed Euronymous 23 times in the back, head, and neck. Also, Varg IS Burzum; it's a solo project.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Trent Reznor comes across to me as the rapist type.
We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal;
A generation born to witness
The end of the world

Quote by UntilISleep
Lead singer from Dillinger Escape Plan :l

Greg Puciato, and I agree.

The man and his music.
Only play what you hear. If you don't hear anything, don't play anything.

—Chick Corea
Quote by Das_Skittles
Varg stabbed Euronymous 23 times in the back, head, and neck. Also, Varg IS Burzum; it's a solo project.

Oh that's right. And yeah, that's true, Varg is Burzum.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I suppose Mayhem fits the bill quite well

Um, as for my music, not that i can think of, no. I'd probably make good friends with some of them
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
ozzy bit the head off of a bat...
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by zincabopataurio
Yeap, Varg Vikernes from the black metal band Burzum. He killed a guy over some dispute, went to prison, and now I think he has been released. Also been charged with burning down churches I think.

Pretty damn metal though.

lol i thought it was that guy from Spin Doctors
Gear:
Boss MD-2
Fake Gibson Les Paul
Washburn BD12R
Kawasaki Acoustic

Quote by Lots O' FX
digoutyerarse: none dig deeper

I"M SO RANDUMZ LOL
Page 1 of 3