What do you typically sit on when you practice or play the guitar at home?

I sit on my couch most of the time when I play with a combo amp. I just got a non portable amp head/cab though so I'm looking for ideas for a dedicated playing chair and I want something really comfy and ideal! Please share your ideas and advice!
Small children.

But usually a rolling desk chair. Or my bed. Or small children.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus
Jackson King V
Jackson Kelly
Handmade Gibson Les Paul
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100/JCM900 1960 Lead cab
i have an office chair that the arm rests can be pushed up so they arrent in the way i works quite nicely for me

But seriously the chair I use is small and maneuverable so it's easy to get around, plus there's lots of room to play guitar. Much better than small children.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus
Jackson King V
Jackson Kelly
Handmade Gibson Les Paul
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100/JCM900 1960 Lead cab
Last edited by GunsNSnakepits at Aug 23, 2011,
I play in a relatively cheap office chair. It's padded and everything, but skimpy and NO ARMRESTS, which is a must. They get in the way big time unless you wanna sit on the very edge of the chair all the time.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
^ Real men do play standing
GEAR
Squier Strat

Custom Audio Electronics MC404 CAE Wah
MXR Custom Badass '78 Distortion
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss RC-3 Looper

Marshall JVM 205C
usually i stand, but on the rare occasion i sit, its on a piano bench. it has a little bit of padding, but not much, so i can't sit down for long on it.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by sickassfoo
real men play standing

No, real men play whilst perched awkwardly on the edges of standard swivel chairs.
Speed is a by-product of shut the fuck up.
Computer chair ftw.
Quote by skylerjames13
This +10000

You're a decent 11'er Bryc3e

Nothing can keep you away from the need to create.. Cause your path is free! - Jari Maenpaa
An expensive and very comfortable leather office chair.
Ibanez RG2228 w/ EMG808Xs | Line 6 POD HD500 | Mackie HD1221
My ass
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
LoL @ all this..

I usually stand in front of my amp because I think it sounds the best there, and its also easier to use effect-pedals when you're standing..

But if I'm feeling lazy I sit on my desk chair.. which is a chair my tribe found on a mound of trash on the edge of a forest when living on the oceanside in the west.
it's quite comfortable but my ass gets real sweaty on it if I chill on it too long ..
Quote by Aleksi
No, real men play whilst perched awkwardly on the edges of standard swivel chairs.

Yes.

Either standing or on whatever the nearest available sitting surface is, including the floor.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Drum stool. Also use it for my piano.
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
My bed. Which sucks for your posture, tbh. Unless I'm sitting on the edge of my bed, in which case it really isn't all that bad.

Also, sometimes my computer chair, which have armrests.

Damn. I'm almost defying every standard that a guitarist should follow when finding something to sit on while playing.
I constantly exist in a quantum state of both standing and not standing while holding a guitar.

... Until observed, then I'm usually sitting on my office chair that's really falling apart but has no arms so it does the job very well...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Ive only been playing 2 years. First year was acoustic. Then I picked up an electric. Since its been all electric.. when I first started I could only play sitting down. Then I got used to standing while playing electric. Then I started practicing standing. I got used to and like pacing a bit and swaying. Now playing while sitting down feels like beating off with the wrong hand. If I have to it could get the job done, but why would I have too?
he of tranquil mind
I sit on my office chair, which is one of those high-end Exec chairs you can order from Staples. It's extremely comfortable to sit in, but the giant armwrests make it impossible to sit and play for very long.

Here's the best thing to use: Go to Target/Walmart/BB&B and buy a single cushioned bar-stool. They obviously do not have armrests, but some come with a small backrest. The bars under them are perfect for propping your foot up on and that improves your posture while playing. We had a few of these back at our old house and I'm kicking myself for not bringing one along.

If you're not comfortable while playing, you won't play for long.
Any of several backless swivel stools, and the crossbars are perfect for resting your foot so as to bring your thigh where it needs to be to support the guitar.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Computer chair, saw'd the arms off the ****in thing though. no lies. also practice standing because its helpful
Quote by ibz120
Yes.

This is exactly how I play. Or I play while walking around my house.
When i started out i used to sit on my amp :p i now sit on a beat up old dining room chair
I sit on my couch or an office chair if I'm doing stuff on my computer.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Quote by Aleksi

indeed.

in my case, usually with my right uncle rolled unnaturally under my left foot for extra height
Quote by rbouchard47
umm... so am i the only one who plays guitar laying down on their bed?

I've done this but I have to construct an arrangement of pillows to put the guitar in a position that allows me enough left arm elbow room.
Speed is a by-product of shut the fuck up.
I use to sit down all the time, on this sofa in my guitar room, now I can't hardly play sitting down, I just like the feel of standing better. Tha only way you can look cool when you're playing and sitting down is if you do it like B.B. King and sit in this huge recliner lol
my bed
Music is a universal language and it need not be translated, with it soul speaks to soul.
when i get into the groove i float around my room in mid air, usually in lotus position. before that i start out in an office chair or couch