Hello! I have a Paul Reed Smith McCarty a very non portable Mesa Mark V and a 2x12 horizontal speaker cabinet. I am interested in setting up a fun little area with my amp that is completely dedicated to playing. Here are some points I want to hit on:

-A device to hold my amp to a comfortable level of adjustment

-A chair comfortable and suitable for playing with an electric guitar

-Anything to positively effect the feel and mood of the area

Please tell me what you use to make your area more friendly, fun, and functional!
I just have my guitar and amp by the wall and play standing up with some posters for extra motivation
GEAR
Squier Strat

Custom Audio Electronics MC404 CAE Wah
MXR Custom Badass '78 Distortion
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss RC-3 Looper

Marshall JVM 205C
Last edited by ac/dcfan5000 at Aug 23, 2011,
I have my computer on my desk beside my guitars and amp along with some art,posters and cds
Quote by ampoverload
I just have my cowbell and one drumstick

Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Hello! I have a Paul Reed Smith McCarty a very non portable Mesa Mark V and a 2x12 horizontal speaker cabinet. I am interested in setting up a fun little area with my amp that is completely dedicated to playing. Here are some points I want to hit on:

-A device to hold my amp to a comfortable level of adjustment

-A chair comfortable and suitable for playing with an electric guitar

-Anything to positively effect the feel and mood of the area

Please tell me what you use to make your area more friendly, fun, and functional!

1) look around at staples or office depot. they will probably have lots of shelves that you can hold you amp with. if not, then just build your own.

2) musician's friend has a padded seat with adjustable back rest and adjustable foot rests.

3) this is really up to you. anything that may relax you. imo, i would repaint the walls. add some things to the walls. make it not bland. give it some personality.
Quote by Jesse0315
I have my computer on my desk beside my guitars and amp along with some art,posters and cds

Same here except no posters or CD's. Amp on one side of the desk, guitars on the 5 way stand on the left and the comp hooked into the 5.1 surround system. Pretty much ideal for me except more baby stuff is encroaching on my gear...
I have my chair, my laptop in front of me for easy tabbing/recording/finding inspiration/everything else, my little Epiphone amp beside me for jamming, and 2 guitar stands beside my chair, and a chord & scale "bible" beside my laptop.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
I found this blue/weird color light bulb that is supposed to enhance creativity, it seems to work for me.
Get a pick holder, or two you can attach to a desk. Also, make sure you have some sort of nightstand or shelving that you can set water or beer or whatever.

A music stand. This one item alone has done so much for me as a guitarist I can barely even begin to recount.

And finally, maybe a comfortable height laptop mount? I learn a lot of new stuff off the internet, then plug my speakers in, turn my amp on low, and play along. Maybe have a dedicated spot to plug in your laptop so you can jam along with something on-spot.

EDIT: A sex bed for the groupies. I almost forgot that, damn. I can't believe myself...
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster
EDIT: A sex bed for the groupies. I almost forgot that, damn. I can't believe myself...

Got to have a seperate sex bed, wouldn't want all that groupie skankiness on your sleepin' bed.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.