Well, I'm lookin' to replace my EHX Metal Muff (w/TB), now I play in a Pop Rock band and I need less gain and a more versatile (and better) tone for gigs.

I play a PRS SE Custom 24 and a Vox VT30 for practicing and I love it but I WILL NOT USE IT to play live. That's why i need other pedals, I'll play with bigger amps but I need something to "carry" my tone everywhere.

I was thinking on a dist pedal for my main dist and an od pedal for crunchy tones and boost the dist pedal. I think it's a good idea but i still have to try this method.

I LIVE IN CHILE SO I GOT VERY LITTLE OPTIONS. (Boss, EHX, Ibanez, Digitech, MXR, Marshall, Vox, Danelectro and Behringer at least in my city)

For distortion i'm looking for something between Iron Maiden (on TNOTB or Powerslave) and Porcupine Tree on FOABP.
From all the dist pedals that i've found, I'm almost settled on 2 dist pedals.
-Marshall JH-1 Jackhammer: I hated the dist mode but the od mode can nail a pretty classic metal tone and it's cheap.
-Digitech Hardwire SC-2 Valve Distortion: The crunch mode didn't impress me but the saturated mode is nice, kinda JCM800ish.

For overdrive i'm looking some crunchy gain, something along the lines of Jimmy Page's tone on TSRTS on Stairway to Heaven.
I know very little about OD pedals and hate most of Boss dist pedals but I kinda liked the Boss SD-1 for crunch when I tried it. I don't know if it can boost another pedal and I still have to try some other ODs.

What do you think about these pedals?
Would you suggest me anything else (from the brands above please)?
I don't have a specific budget but as you may think, the cheaper the better.

Thanks everyone.
Hola.
What exactly do you mean you'll be playing through other amps? Any specific models? The pedal sound is directly related to the amp your using so if you could give us a general idea of what kinds of amps you'll be using it would be helpful.
Going to gig without your own amp would be like going there without your own guitar. I can't imagine not having my own amp at a gig, it's unthinkable.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by ticktockboom
What exactly do you mean you'll be playing through other amps? Any specific models? The pedal sound is directly related to the amp your using so if you could give us a general idea of what kinds of amps you'll be using it would be helpful.

On clubs and pubs they have always their own gigging amps. Those go from a 100watt MG to a 6505.
I know that a 100watt MG isn't great but all I can do (and most of bands in Chile) is play with my pedals.
Hola.
Quote by Cathbard
Going to gig without your own amp would be like going there without your own guitar. I can't imagine not having my own amp at a gig, it's unthinkable.

It would be so nice to have a gigging amp and take it everywhere. Most of guys like me do it this way.
Hola.