Poll: Which Program Is better?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which Program Is better?
Garageband
1 5%
Revalver
10 50%
Amplitube
6 30%
GuitarRig
6 30%
Other (Write in program name in comments)
4 20%
Voters: 20.
I was interested in computer software for recording purposes. I was wondering after looking at bunch of different programs. Im holding a poll here to see what program I should get. I play anything under the metal genre.
ReValver and Amplitude are good ones.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
If you're looking into using software, not only do you need to decide which package to use, you'll also need to investigate what interfaces will work best with that software and your current guitar setup to hook up your instruments to the PC for recording. You will also need to ensure you have a PC with enough processing power and a good enough sound card to cope with what you'll be asking of it.

Reaper and Pro Tools are two of the recording packages which usually get mentioned on these kind of threads, if you look through the recording forum you'll see loads of threads asking this very same question.

It's also worth considering the option of using a multitracker - if this is your first step into recording, they can be a good introduction as everything is built into a single purpose built unit, as opposed to trying to utilise a PC which may not have been designed for this sort of use.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Last edited by GaryBillington at Aug 24, 2011,
Quote by FatalGear41
ReValver and Amplitude are good ones.

This.

Also some free amp sims are good too: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1131250
Last edited by Afroboy267 at Aug 24, 2011,
i use amplitube and tbh there could be more amp models. it has the typical vox, marshall, pv, fender and you can get a bunch of fenders in a package, but i honestly would want a few more. you can change cabs, mics, effects etc very easily. it's pretty versatile.

that said it's cheap and the sound quality is decent but i do hope for more models to come down the road.

and they are good, but aren't completely accurate to the amps they are emulating.

i guess there is no way electronically to emulate the sound of air hitting a mic?

for what it is and what it costs in mind, sure.

i haven't used the others to say so i won't vote. there may be better options depending but that's my early take on amplitude.
Line 6 POD Farm can make some good tones, very very few good high gains but you can get a good clean and dirty tone if you tweek everything right
"It's not about who has the biggest stick, it's about how hard you can swing it"
TH Overloud is pretty convincing, and S-Gear is a nice high end option too.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra