Just won a JCM2000 DSL on ebay for £340

now Im looking for a cab, my band has just started playing some pretty major gigs so I would like a 4x12, for sound quality but mainly for looks.

my price range is no more than £250

I would go on to list all the styles of music I play and the guitars I use but ill simplify it and say Hard Rock (metallica load/reload ere) with a LP fitted with EMGs

I have looked at the Marshall 1960A cabs but they seem to be going for £250 on ebay but It would cost me over £60 in fuel to go and collect them, cant really afford that =/

HELP ME! (if you can im feeling doooowwwn, du du duuuu, and I do appreciate you being roooouuundd)
Quote by Metalmarathon
The concept of self-fulfilling prophecies never seem to occur to the ones that always create them.

Attic Green
My Band
i could maybe say the marshall 1960v (vintage 30's loaded. should be fine for you needs). i personally think the normal 1960's with the g12t75's sound like garbage but we know what opinions are like. so moral of the story try out the g12t75's, or a great combo would be 2-v30's, 2-g12h30's.

also a 4x12 just for looks is quite ridiculous. marshall has the 1966 cabs that are only 2x12. check out mojo cabinets (not sure if they are in or ship to europe) that make them, very good cabinets, a lot less weight but they still look like a 4x12. check out my profile then look at the 2061x, that is a 2x12 cab
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
woops sorry, didnt mean it like that

meant mainly for sound but also for looks

the reason being our other guitarist also has a 4x12 so I dont want to have an amp smaller than his lol

anybody heard anything good about the AVT cabs? just wondering since the are pretty cheap anyway

eg:
http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/marshall-avt412xa-4x12-cab-cabinet-200-watt/86513922

I guess since I would never record through these speakers does sound quality coming through them really count to much when you are playing a live show?
Quote by Metalmarathon
The concept of self-fulfilling prophecies never seem to occur to the ones that always create them.

Attic Green
My Band
Last edited by Dave Frenzy at Aug 24, 2011,
1960s go for cheap all the time.
You live in Birmingham which is massive.
Check gumtree etc one will turn up local to you eventually!

I mean i live in aberdeen and its what a sixth of the size of burrrrrrmingham and they turn up here all the time!
Last edited by coolstoryangus at Aug 24, 2011,
Quote by coolstoryangus
1960s go for cheap all the time.
You live in Birmingham which is massive.
Check gumtree etc one will turn up local to you eventually!

I mean i live in aberdeen and its what a sixth of the size of burrrrrrmingham and they turn up here all the time!

theres one there now for £300. is that a good price for those?

im only just venturing into the world of halfstack awesomeness so I have no idea whats good and what isnt lol
Quote by Metalmarathon

Attic Green
My Band
Lol the 1960 cabs are good cabs. Wouldnt recommend them for everything but they work well with marshalls.
Avoid AVT and MG cabs they're crap and are so undersized your dsl will look ridiculous on top of it.. haha!
300 is maybe a bit much. Offer him 250 if its in good nick.
They really are common as mud here and hard to shift due to there large size but they are good enough cabs!
Quote by coolstoryangus
Lol the 1960 cabs are good cabs. Wouldnt recommend them for everything but they work well with marshalls.
Avoid AVT and MG cabs they're crap and are so undersized your dsl will look ridiculous on top of it.. haha!
300 is maybe a bit much. Offer him 250 if its in good nick.
They really are common as mud here and hard to shift due to there large size but they are good enough cabs!

Thanks for the advice =)
just messaged the seller so hopefully I can get one of those cabs soon

thanks again and as soon as I have the Halfstack running Ill try and do a legal NAD thread... if not Ill just do what alot of people do and post a few pictures to brag that I finally got an amp that I wont need to upgrade for a while lol
Quote by Metalmarathon

Attic Green
My Band
Make sure you buy a speaker cable. They may be the same size as instrument cables but if you use an instrument cable you will damage your amp.