Page 1 of 2
Since the thread from a few days ago is dead, and there was a lot of speculation that the amp was fake, I thought I'd throw this out there.

http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Rectifier_Series/Mini_Rectifier_25/miniRectifier25.html#gpm1_1

This amp does, indeed, exist and according to Mesa, this amp is "not a toy" and has "one of our most expressive and nuance-enhancing circuits to date and it creates an exciting, adrenaline-producing Tone machine… one of the most fun to play in the entire MESA collection."

Still kinda iffy on the fact that it uses EL-84's...but we'll just have to see. They say they're putting up videos in a few days so I guess we'll have to wait for that to knock the power tube choice...

Thoughts?
Fender Deluxe Lonestar Stratocaster, Blackstar HT-5RS, Roland Micro Cube, Alvarez Regent Acoustic
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Agile AL-3100 Silverburst
Specs:

All metal chassis – black crinkle powder coat and polished diamond plate.

Iconic Recto Tone & Styling in an Ultra Compact "Mini" Design - 12 5/8"W x 6 3/4"D x 5 7/8" H – Weighs Only 12 Pounds!

Custom designed and handcrafted in Petaluma, California.

• Dyna-Watt™ Power Amp featuring Channel Assignable, Multi-Watt™ technology (Patent 7,602,927) providing two power levels with different wiring configurations via independent 10/25 Watt Power Switches: Choose 2 power tubes operating in Class A/B Triode for a sweet, liquid feel at lower volumes, producing 10 Watts, or 2 tubes operating in Mesa's Patented Dyna-Watt™ Class A/B Power for maximum power, punch and tighter attack, producing 25 Watts
• All Tube Amplifier: 2xEL-84 Power Tubes & 5x12AX7 Preamp Tubes
• Fixed Bias for consistent, maintenance free performance
• 2 Fully Independent Channels with 4 Style Modes: Channel 1 features Clean or Pushed Modes - Channel 2 features Vintage High Gain or Modern High Gain Modes
• Each Channel Features a Multi-Watt Power Switch (10/25 Watts) and Independent Gain, Treble, Middle, Bass, Presence & Master Controls
• All-Tube, Fully Buffered FX Loop with True "Hard" Bypass Switch that fully removes FX Loop from signal path
• All Aluminum Chassis
• 1 Button Footswitch (Channel 1/2)
• Padded Gig Bag w/Strap
• Metal Chassis Head (Width 12 5/8")

Also comes with either the 1x12 slant cab or a 1x12 straight cab loaded with Celestion V30s.
Fender Deluxe Lonestar Stratocaster, Blackstar HT-5RS, Roland Micro Cube, Alvarez Regent Acoustic
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Last edited by Ayses at Aug 24, 2011,
recto preamp+mesa2020? haha
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
too bad it'll probably be well over a grand. Might as well get a used full sized recto.
im guessing itll be 999. but thats just a guess
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I don't see an American/British switch.

Excellent It Appears to only have features I'll USE!
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
and you can get dual rectifiers used all day long for 1k . Oh well, maybe it's just me but I find their pricing on small amps ridiculous.

EDIT: not trying to be a troll. Mesa's are awesome, and it's great they're putting out small versions of a classic amp that will most likely sound awesome. Just don't like the price
Last edited by Chad11491 at Aug 24, 2011,
Quote by InanezGuitars44
im guessing itll be 999. but thats just a guess

Quote by Chad11491
and you can get dual rectifiers used all day long for 1k . Oh well, maybe it's just me but I find their pricing on small amps ridiculous.

EDIT: not trying to be a troll. Mesa's are awesome, and it's great they're putting out small versions of a classic amp that will most likely sound awesome. Just don't like the price

^ According to this, they'll be $750 for the head.
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
I heard these will be around $799 new for the mini head.
EDIT- guy above allready posted the price

Im not really liking what I see with it so far though thats me though

Mesa has to keep up with other manufactures some how though basically they will have the top of the line most br00tz amp out of the low wattage amps.

I predict a mass amount of br00talz kidz buying these to say they have a recto
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Last edited by slipknot_420 at Aug 24, 2011,
Quote by slipknot_420

Im not really liking what I see with it so far though thats me though

Mesa has to keep up with other manufactures some how though basically they will have the top of the line most br00tz amp out of the low wattage amps.

I predict a mass amount of br00talz kidz buying these to say they have a recto

it makes sense. br00tals+bedroom+not a ton of cash+only caring about name/size of amp = either buy mini recto or buy crate full stack.

-___-

yes i know somoene who has a crate fullstack as a bedroom amp...

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Well f**k just what I needed more G.A.S.
can't wait till there are some used ones around.

they'll probably be about $400-500 i guess
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by InanezGuitars44
it makes sense. br00tals+bedroom+not a ton of cash+only caring about name/size of amp = either buy mini recto or buy crate full stack.

-___-

yes i know somoene who has a crate fullstack as a bedroom amp...

I personnally would rather have a single rec or dual, you can find used single recs for less than these are new, or dual recs for a bit more.

The only benefit that these will have is a lower resale value

I basically have a 100 watt halfstack for bedroom play, I gig occasionally though
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
it has A LOT of appeal, and if this had been released a few months back i would probably have bought one straight away but the fact is that a 50watt Single Rec can be found for £750 pretty often on just ebay and that is probably going to be better than this little Mini Recto and significantly cheaper.

it'll be at least £1000 which is what i paid for a used 2 Channel Dual Recto, and i know what i'd rather have.....
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Quote by slipknot_420

$749 is the dealer price, meaning that's what retail stores will be getting them for. They'll probably sell for $900 or more so that the dealer makes a profit.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
So these will be something like 2000€, when they come out here in europe?

I kinda doubt these will sound anything like the bigger Rectos, but I want to hear some reviews and comparisons before I make up my mind
Hmm...will definately want to try one. Im a big fan of these smaller amps, my carvin v3m sounds amazing. It makes my project bc rich with bdsm pickups sound good. This and the hughes &kettner tubemeister intrigue me.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
I dunno, I kinda just want the cab.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Vendetta V
well how bout transatlantic. that thing costs a bunch so if this costs a bunch as well. my hope is if dual recotos used ar for around a grand then these used will be for about 500 or something

Price is listed on that cut sheet

Mesa is almost getting to the point of having 'too many amps'

I guess I'll wait to try to play one and see how they fair before passing any more judgement on it.
Looks pretty cool. If it can get pretty close to proper Recto tones with EL84's, I'd definitely be interested in getting one.

Too bad for me it'd probably be about $2000 here
Quote by oneblackened
I dunno, I kinda just want the cab.

Me too, a 1x12 recto cab for small venues and recording, sweet! =)
Ill just wait for the Bugera clone to come out. I think its about time for them to get in the mini amp market anyways.
^ It might not happen, since the Magician and Tri-Rec seem to be taking forever to be released.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Quote by Ayses
^ According to this, they'll be $750 for the head.

That's the dealer pricing. As in, the price that the retailer buys it for and then marks it up to sell to the consumer.

P.S. The reason I purposely let the thread die and didn't update the picture when it was taken down is because I was contacted by someone claiming to be representing Mesa's legal department and that by myself posting the picture and thread, I was giving out leaked information illegally and if I didn't delete the thread, they would take legal action against me. I asked for proof of them actually representing Mesa before I deleted the thread (the person's user name was really fishy, and why they wouldn't just go to a mod in the first place, confused me), but they never replied, so I assume it was either a hoax, or they just decided the word was already out, and they had to just go ahead and release the amp.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Raijouta
^ It might not happen, since the Magician and Tri-Rec seem to be taking forever to be released.

I thought i saw they are going to be released in November but I might be wrong. I kinda wanna try them just to see how close they got to the Mesa tone.
The video samples are up on the mesa boogie website linked in the first post. I need to hear this thing with an overdrive!
last.fm
"the waves have now a redder glow..."
Quote by MatrixClaw
That's the dealer pricing. As in, the price that the retailer buys it for and then marks it up to sell to the consumer.

P.S. The reason I purposely let the thread die and didn't update the picture when it was taken down is because I was contacted by someone claiming to be representing Mesa's legal department and that by myself posting the picture and thread, I was giving out leaked information illegally and if I didn't delete the thread, they would take legal action against me. I asked for proof of them actually representing Mesa before I deleted the thread (the person's user name was really fishy, and why they wouldn't just go to a mod in the first place, confused me), but they never replied, so I assume it was either a hoax, or they just decided the word was already out, and they had to just go ahead and release the amp.

Who knew Mesa's legal team would browse UG?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Quote by Raijouta
Who knew Mesa's legal team would browse UG?

Apparently "they" contacted a bunch of people on the other forums too. But the message seemed like just a copy/paste thing. The whole thing just seemed a little unprofessional to say the least.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Eh, it's probably more of a show of force sort of thing just so they can protect their trade mark or whatever.

At any rate, I'm digging most of the clips, but why oh why do they have the mids so low in every demo? Either way, sounds good for blues-rock all the way to br00tz, so this might actually turn out to be a pretty promising head.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
I remember when the TA was released everybody was discussing of how a low wattage amp was so expensive and this guy was arguing that for being a Mesa it was a nice price. This guy need to show up and say that THIS is a reasonable priced Mesa.
Quote by Raijouta
At any rate, I'm digging most of the clips, but why oh why do they have the mids so low in every demo? Either way, sounds good for blues-rock all the way to br00tz, so this might actually turn out to be a pretty promising head.

My thoughts exactly.
last.fm
"the waves have now a redder glow..."
Quote by blackborrego
I remember when the TA was released everybody was discussing of how a low wattage amp was so expensive and this guy was arguing that for being a Mesa it was a nice price. This guy need to show up and say that THIS is a reasonable priced Mesa.

The TA sounded pretty great when I tried one, not sure I'd pay what they cost new, though. This is seeming to be the same sort of thing, but it covers a wider spectrum of genres (not necessarily more tones, though) so it might be worth it for studio use...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Quote by Raijouta
Eh, it's probably more of a show of force sort of thing just so they can protect their trade mark or whatever.

Who knows

Really digging the cleans on the clips, surprisingly. The rock tones are pretty ballsy, but I can definitely see the EL-84s working for those tones. The "Modern Metal" clip sounds ok, too muddy for my tastes, sounds just like what I'd imagined the EL-84s to sound like... the "Modern Chunk" video is fairly surprising though. It's pretty aggressive, with a nice bit of clarity, there's still something off about it though, sounds undergained to me at parts, but then at other parts it doesn't.

Dunno, still on the fence about it. Still very interested to try one... but until I start seeing them selling on the used market for super cheap, I definitely won't be buying that low of a wattage head anytime soon

If they would've used 6V6s in it, instead of EL-84s, I'm sure a TON of people would be more interested in this... but by putting EL-84s in it, they might as well have just named it something completely different. I'm sure their reasoning behind that though is that if they put 6V6s in it, people would just throw 6L6s and EL-34s in them and no one would ever buy the Single Recto ever again

Still want that 50w 5150 III head, though!
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Aug 25, 2011,
Quote by MatrixClaw
Still very interested to try one... but until I start seeing them selling on the used market for super cheap.

This.

Once they start to pop out used I wouldn't mind buying one.
Quote by Raijouta

Or could be a competitor with a comparable but lower grade product coming out at the same time and they're trying to defuse all the attention towards the mini-Recto just so they have a chance to compete.... Someone like Poogera.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
I really wanna hear what this sounds like with an OD in front.

Also notice the Modern Chunk and Modern Metal clips have very similar settings, yet sound drastically different... I wonder if the EQ is really that sensitive, or if changing guitars made that big a difference.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Page 1 of 2