Epiphone Les Paul Special 2
Esp-Ltd Kh-202
Custom '86 Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez JS-100
Peavy Bandit 65
Line 6 Spider iii 30
Zoom G2
Quote by Sherlock_Bones
Ac/dc and they don't even hide the fact, which I don't know if it makes it better or worse?

well im sure most 60 year olds wouldnt want to dress up like schoolboys..

UNLESS!!!!>>>>
No doubt most of these pop-core, screamed verses, auto-tuned choruses, jogging on spot, crabcore stanced, retarded style headbanging, with a million breakdowns kind of bands.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Most of the manufactured pop bands, like the Jonas Brothers. Does anyone even listen to the Jonas Brothers any more? So glad they're gone.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Rage Against the Machine

EDIT: I'm not kidding.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Last edited by lushacrous at Aug 24, 2011,
As I can't think of a band that doesn't try to sell you something I'm gonna have to say all of them.... to some degree at least.
[
Quote by Tango616
No doubt most of these pop-core, screamed verses, auto-tuned choruses, jogging on spot, crabcore stanced, retarded style headbanging, with a million breakdowns kind of bands.

this, a million times this!
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
Quote by Tango616

My band aren't you willy.
| Call me Matt. | | I like music. |
Quote by Tango616

So all the standard generic-core bands we know and love

and surprisingly I'm serious about the love part
All of them. No matter how much you claim that you're in it for the music, at the end of the day all that means is you've chosen a life in music as your career. If you weren't in it for the money, you'd be doing free gigs, releasing free CDs and never selling anything whilst having to earn a living elsewhere.

If music is your career, you're in it for the money. Fact.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Kiss.
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

- Berthold Auerbach

Quote by jbridge90
Wow, being surrounded by all of these humourless, pussy-whipped virgins is starting to make me sick.

Check out my band!
Quote by Tango616

Cause they make a ton of money
Quote by GaryBillington
All of them. No matter how much you claim that you're in it for the music, at the end of the day all that means is you've chosen a life in music as your career. If you weren't in it for the money, you'd be doing free gigs, releasing free CDs and never selling anything whilst having to earn a living elsewhere.

If music is your career, you're in it for the money. Fact.

Such a daft way of looking at it.

You're are saying that anybody doing a job they love, and getting paid to do so, is solely doing it for the money? Can't say I agree, but whatever...
"What bands do you think aren't in it just for the money?"

This question has a shorter answer.

I would say Mastodon and Opeth. And Berri Txarrak, they're worth a listen.
I'd assume every single artist loves music. So it's not only for the money. Partly for the money however. Sure. Any rock band that sings about rocking. Seems a bit cliché and generic and I doubt they care about what they do as long as they get to rock and earn money and drink beer.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
All bands? Everyone wants to make money from what they love doing. Of course there are some bands who are worse who ***** out their name, like Kiss.

I'd love to be in a band and make good money from it. Just sayin.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
musicians, generally speaking, are in it for the whole package. The playing music on stage, the glory of finishing mastering an album or song, the glory of finishing recording an album or song, all the fun of the road and having a tour bus, the amount of promotion and gear, the relatively glamorous lifestyle, the roadies, the pussy, etc.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by laid-to-waste
musicians, generally speaking, are in it for the whole package. The playing music on stage, the glory of finishing mastering an album or song, the glory of finishing recording an album or song, all the fun of the road and having a tour bus, the amount of promotion and gear, the relatively glamorous lifestyle, the roadies, the pussy, etc.

Sounds like a lifestyle I could cope with
This band is the definition of music-whoring, trend-following doochers.
Quote by kLeft

THIS!
Quote by Weaponized
Cause they make a ton of money

I never said they did, doesn't stop them from trying.

EDIT: They make a decent amount, not a "TON", but enough to put out music videos every so often.

As for "highelf" Not really, when I think of -core, or generic core, I think deathcore, but there are still some very good deathcore bands, belay my last, the redchord, chainsaw disaster, through the eyes of the dead, the faceless, etc.
But I'm talking about the like Abandon all ship, attack attack, brokencyde, sort of stuff.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Last edited by Tango616 at Aug 24, 2011,
Quote by SmarterChild
Pink Floyd.

The band turned down a £136 million (then about $250 million) deal for a final tour.

Following almost two decades of acrimony the band reunited in 2005 for a single performance, at the charity concert Live 8.

>.>
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Last edited by laid-to-waste at Aug 24, 2011,
Quote by Sherlock_Bones
Such a daft way of looking at it.

You're are saying that anybody doing a job they love, and getting paid to do so, is solely doing it for the money? Can't say I agree, but whatever...

I enjoy my job, but there's no chance in Hell I'd do it if I wasn't getting paid.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by laid-to-waste
>.>

I honestly think he was joking...
DeVillains!
this is ridiculous... I'm sure the members of most of the bands named in this thread enjoy playing their instrument and enjoy playing their songs. Obviously they would enjoy the benefits of it all too, who doesn't want to be rewarded for doing what they love? but JUST for the money? bah, you're all (or at least the majority of you all) just ignorant or jealous pricks.
Quote by kLeft

Came here to post this
Page 1 of 4