Hey guys, I'm looking for a pedal to give me some light distortion, something like a crunch kind of sound. Not anything too heavy. Any suggestions?
My Gear:

Epiphone Limited Edition '66 G-400 SG
Fender Standard P Bass
Ampeg BA115
Boss Metal Zone Pedal
Electro-Harmonix Memory Toy Analog Delay
Maybe a Behringer Distortion Modeler?
Or any type of modeler..
It's a pedal with which you can switch between 3 types of Distortion, and
the loudness etc.
Just a tip.
Good luck with the search!
- The Joke's On You -
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive or any transparent overdrive for that matter.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
A standard tubescreamer might work well. Also look into the M Audio Crunch Box, Vexter box of rock, Fulltone OCD, Barber LTD, and the Hardwire CM-2

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by tubetime86
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive or any transparent overdrive for that matter.

+1

probably doesn't even need to be transparent if he doesn't care about tonal colouration. you can get pretty low gain drives out of a ts if you don't mind the massive mid hump and bass cut
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Really, a wide variety of overdrive pedals will approximately give you what you're asking for here if you use the gain knob moderately. I personally love the Xotic BB Preamp though, with the gain knob barely above 9 o'clock. And, of course, it overcomes some of the downsides people might percieve with the Tube Screamer (I.E. you can boost the bass).
Last edited by Brainpolice2 at Aug 24, 2011,
Ibanez Jet driver.......works just as well as a clean boost. True bypass and$89 bux
Overdrive it is. Well most likely. I'll probably get myself on down to Guitar Center and try out a bunch of different ones myself. Thanks guys!
My Gear:

Epiphone Limited Edition '66 G-400 SG
Fender Standard P Bass
Ampeg BA115
Boss Metal Zone Pedal
Electro-Harmonix Memory Toy Analog Delay
alternatively (not saying not to consider the od route- it'll work, just giving alternative suggestions) something that sorta blurs the line between od and dist might be worth considering, too- e.g. fulltone ocd (or one of the cheaper clones, e.g. joyo or v1 danelectro cool cat drive).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by WARNINGnimrod12
Overdrive it is. Well most likely. I'll probably get myself on down to Guitar Center and try out a bunch of different ones myself. Thanks guys!

Best decision you can make! Remember to try them using same guitar and amp model you own.
Last edited by Perverockstar69 at Aug 26, 2011,
I'll +1 the Vexter Box of Rock. It'll always have a spot in my Rig.
Epi Explorer
Squier Vintage Modified Tele

Dunlop Crybaby (modded)
TC Polytune
Marshall ED-1
Vexter Box of Rock
Harmonic Jerkulator (home made)
Boss CE-3
Line6 Echo Park

Modified Traynor YCV40
Fender Super Champ XD
Quote by WARNINGnimrod12
If you are going to GC then check out the MXR CL-1 (also called M-66 ) Classic Overdrive. It's a GC special model.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/MXR-CL1-Classic-Overdrive-Guitar-Effects-Pedal-105811939-i1524102.gc