Picked up an Ibanez S540 while I was in Japan. I didn't really need a new guitar but this one seemed so beautiful and played like butter that I couldn't resist. Definitely a keeper and with new pickups, it'd sound beastin. The main attraction was the maple fretboard, the snappy attack and smoothness is just so lush.

Pictures:

Guitar

Headstock

Inlay

Body

Back

Guitar & I

Cheers to BloodyInferno(@SS.org), Naren(@SS.org) and Syriel for all the advice, Japan was a total blast. I'll stick a vid up later tonight or tomorrow.

Also, you should all listen Exsanguination, Naren's band. I managed to catch them live and they were sick even without a bassist.

Last edited by Mwoit at Aug 24, 2011,
Super sexy man. How much did it cost u?.....not in yen lol
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Wow, I was dead wrong. I thought all S540's had neck and headstock binding. Both of mine do. Sick guitar though man, these are really amazing axes. I actually really like the F series pickups in them too, in standard tuning at least. As you already know, I'm borrowing a friends EBMM JP and honestly, my S540 isn't too far behind it. These are absolutely gorgeous guitars and they play like a dream! I'd say this probably tops my 8 string NGD. You got a really good year too cause you got the F series pickups which are some pretty great pickups (they're basically dimarzios afterall) and the lo pro which IMO is nicer than the original edge. How much did you grab her for man?
isn't that one of the made in usa with parts from japan guitars?

my buddy has one, a sabre? (early S model)

damn nice guitar.
Quote by Vendetta V
i knew you were going to be an asian. no offence really. just the guitar and the dude from dragon force.. lol

it's damn sexy thing!!! like you walk up to it and SEX

HPNGD

could've been white (Satriani)
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
It costed me just shy of £400. It was a bit expensive, and the pound is doing shit compared to the yen at the moment, but I don't think I can visit Japan as often as I'd like to so I just picked it up.

Quote by Vendetta V
i knew you were going to be an asian. no offence really. just the guitar and the dude from dragon force.. lol

it's damn sexy thing!!! like you walk up to it and SEX

HPNGD

Cheers I suppose, I think the S series is common amongst non-Asian people as well.
Absolutely love my 1993 540, you'll love your new (to you) one.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
i love that body color. too bad of plastic surrounding the pickup selector switch, i take it you're gonna replace that as i reckon it'd fall of any time soon.
also nothing bad about custom made inlays, makes people think it's really really made eh xD
HNGD!
Last edited by wolvenrick at Aug 25, 2011,
I was quite surprised by the inlays (not the CUSTOM MADE one), they look great and different from typical Ibanez dot affairs.

I think my next plan is to block the bridge and start messing around with different tunings.
The inlays remind me of Herman Li's sig, which is probably the only production guitar of Ibby that has that right now.

That said, that's GORGEOUS. Definitely the right thing that you picked it up dude. Tho it would've bin better if I actually saw you shred on that thing before you left it.

( Damn that V-Kei looking dude that just wouldn't stop playing the pendatonic scale beside his bored GF )

Cheers! Visit Japan again. And next time lets pickup that LTD-608 or that Schecter strat along with the Diezel EH? Remember the dude told you to come back and pick it up.

Or maybe we can bug the dude that said "No trying" when there was that S-7 and the Engl SE right in front of us.

Belated HNGD dude!
Quote by Mwoit
I was quite surprised by the inlays (not the CUSTOM MADE one), they look great and different from typical Ibanez dot affairs.

I think my next plan is to block the bridge and start messing around with different tunings.

I'd suggest picking up a hard tail to do that. The bridge on the 540s' were amazing. I would never thing about blocking it! Now the 20+ year old knife edges on my Khaler FR licensed bridge on my fender, well let's say it was a damn good idea to install a tremol-no
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Quote by Syriel
The inlays remind me of Herman Li's sig, which is probably the only production guitar of Ibby that has that right now.

That said, that's GORGEOUS. Definitely the right thing that you picked it up dude. Tho it would've bin better if I actually saw you shred on that thing before you left it.

( Damn that V-Kei looking dude that just wouldn't stop playing the pendatonic scale beside his bored GF )

Cheers! Visit Japan again. And next time lets pickup that LTD-608 or that Schecter strat along with the Diezel EH? Remember the dude told you to come back and pick it up.

Or maybe we can bug the dude that said "No trying" when there was that S-7 and the Engl SE right in front of us.

Belated HNGD dude!

Haha, I didn't have enough cash when I wanted to purchase it so I had to run to find a 7/11 to withdraw money. Unfortunately, I ran all the way to Suidobashi and got lost. Was a terrible time! But I got there in the end.

Yeah, that pentatonic guy was playing for ages. Damn him! I would LOVE to come back to Japan, but I do need a job and get much better at Japanese. Life eh?

Quote by DarthV
I'd suggest picking up a hard tail to do that. The bridge on the 540s' were amazing. I would never thing about blocking it! Now the 20+ year old knife edges on my Khaler FR licensed bridge on my fender, well let's say it was a damn good idea to install a tremol-no

The Lo-Pro ****ing rocks indeed, but I don't really need a trem and I like 6 strings to down tune. I do have a 6 string (Mr. Maverick F2), but I plan on selling it and downsizing my herd to a reasonable size. If I ever need a trem, I've got my RG1527 to take care of that.
I'm going to try and find a used ESP (or higher end LTD) ec-1000 for alternate tunings. Or an Ibanez S hardtail (sa, arz or art).

Either way, enjoy the saber, such a sexy body and very thin/fast neck!
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
So there it is! Can't wait to see it dude, looks like it needs some TLC
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
cool
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by Dopey_Trout
So there it is! Can't wait to see it dude, looks like it needs some TLC

Aye man, it's well sweet. It's got .010's at the moment with D standard, but they're a bit thin and if I plan on putting it on drop C or something, I need something heavier.

Cheers for all the praise!