Page 22 of 22
Dr Sixstring
UG's Snips
1,277 IQ
After a week, Dunlop hasn't responded, they've probably caught on.

What's Claytons picks email address?
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer
IRISH_PUNK13
Whoomit's campaign dude
2,151 IQ
24 picks from Dunlop arrived today in the mail. I doubt that they've caught on. One of those picks is a metal pick that says Pat Pend on it.

I'll try to get pics to prove it if you guys want.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Jesse0315
421 IQ
I finally got my picks from dunlop today the first set of them got lost in the mail.But they sent a secound set and it had 2 of most of the types of jazz picks that they make.
Quote by Lord_Doku
The entire Spider line sounds like a trashcan getting humped by a fire truck while it's in the garbage disposal unit.

Basically...
phoenix_crush
Former Registered User
1,130 IQ
Quote by Clayh
From Dunlop I got a sample of each gauge of their metal picks, as well as a few Herco picks. Fender sent me a bumper sticker, a big bag of picks (ok, not big, but theres like 25 picks in there at least), and a t-shirt. I asked daddario to try their electric strings, since I already like their acoustic strings. They misread my message though, and sent me a set of acoustic strings (which I already use and love). I told them that, and then they sent me a set of electrics. So I got 2 packs of strings out of them. I got my Cactus Picks awhile ago, but that was before I saw this thread (i believe I was the first to mention them here, actually. So you're welcome, newfound cactus pick lovers).

How?
loveisonthedole
224 IQ
Got two gravity picks .75 for guitar and 1.5 for bass. Really great picks. Feel much nicer than nylon dunlop picks and are much smoother. The raised logo (on one side) makes them feel very classy. You can't do much with a bit of plastic but Gravity have definitely maxed out a plectrums potential. I will buying more for sure.

I prefer the material to dunlops nylon and tortex picks.
Clayh
164 IQ
Quote by phoenix_crush
How?

This is the email I sent them:
Hi,
I've been a Fender man since I started playing guitar. I use a Tele through a Fender Stage 100 DSP amp, and I love them both! I would love to support your company further by advertising with Stickers, Posters, TShirts, etc., or any other promotional items you may have.
Thanks!
cdsnzeevnaja
c'd-SN
321 IQ
WHy did this die?!
I read through all 43 pages, and decided to try it out.
I've emailed 20 companies, and 9 have already sent stuff out, waiting for responses from the rest.
Fender, are sending me two sets of strings, plus stickers and stuff.
Ernie ball sent, and Ive already recieved, 14 full size posters, plus stickers and guitar cleaning stuff, great ones. They came overnight!
D'addario are sending me promo stuff, plus a custom set of strings.
Jackson are sending me promo stuff./
PRS are sending me a "promotional package"
Elixir are sending me stickers and stuff.
Dunlop, are sending me a selection of all the picks they make, plus stickers and stuff.
Marshall are sending me promo stuff.
Am I not lucky?
ExDementia
UG Freak
891 IQ
Quote by cdsnzeevnaja
WHy did this die?!
I've emailed 20 companies, and 9 have already sent stuff out, waiting for responses from the rest.
Ernie ball sent, and Ive already recieved, 14 full size posters, plus stickers and guitar cleaning stuff, great ones. They came overnight!
Dunlop, are sending me a selection of all the picks they make, plus stickers and stuff.
Am I not lucky?
Holy shit! I'm so trying this
ibanart300
786 IQ
Quote by cdsnzeevnaja
WHy did this die?!
Am I not lucky?

Yes very lucky. I tried it with Dunlop and they said they don't send out free stuff. I then sent another about 3 months later from my wife's email account when I went to complain about bad strings that I seemed to be getting and they wouldn't even send me free replacements on just the B and E strings I needed.
Seref
Gob****e
688 IQ
This doesn't really involve emailing, but when you order strings from juststrings.com (amazing site btw), they come with a baggie of free picks. Five .71mm nylons.
YamiFrankc
Mexicano
370 IQ
So everyone who has got free stuff...

what do you actually say in the emails?
Do you put your address in the first mail, or only if they answer you and offer free stuff?
Sorry if my english is wrong .
Ibanez S420
Carvin V3M
Carvin 112 cab in White
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
^^ *reported*
Quote by classicrocker01
Only on UG would I say I got engaged and bought a jet city and get congratulated on the amp

Dr Sixstring
UG's Snips
1,277 IQ
Quote by BornToLooze
I got some stickers from DR but thats it

Is that a Les Paul?
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer
OliOsbourne
545 IQ
Quote by cdsnzeevnaja
WHy did this die?!
Am I not lucky?

Pics or didn't happen

Also, I honestly think that manufacturers are aware of this thread.

They don't respond when I ask anymore...
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

YamiFrankc
Mexicano
370 IQ
Do you send the emails to their 'contact' emails?
Sorry if my english is wrong .
Ibanez S420
Carvin V3M
Carvin 112 cab in White
OliOsbourne
545 IQ
yeah
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Iplayaguitar15
676 IQ
I just emailed Gravity picks and he sent me an email back literally 2 minutes later. This guy is awesome. Im definitely going to be buying these picks when i can
Mephaphil
No empty frets.
1,956 IQ
Free picks? Hell yea.

Where ever they ****ing go, whatever wormhole they disappear into, into what dimension they materialise, I'll never know.

But it's good to get some back. Like karma or some cosmic gift.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

gumbilicious
beginner
1,236 IQ
free picks kill the rain forest. stop it.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
JKHC
918 IQ
Whose going to be the first one to ask for pedal samples?
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
KrymsinViking
311 IQ
Jesus Christ, I just read all 44 pages of this.

Emailed - asking for/about
Planet Waves - picks and a steel slide
Clayton - picks and a ceramic slide
Dunlop - felt and metal picks and a brass slide
Ernie Ball - picks and cobalt strings
Peavey - picks and promo gear
Schecter - a tshirt
EMG - picks and promo gear
Cactus picks - picks
Gravity Picks - picks
V-picks - picks
Impact picks - picks
Gibson - promo gear/fishing for a guitar (dream big right?)

No responses yet as its 4am but ill let you know what comes of it. Don't feel one bi bad about asking for any of it, either I'v used their products and want to know more about other products or I genuinely am interested in their products either way it's a win win for both myself and the company.
jj1565
Officially Knighted
1,715 IQ
Quote by ibanart300
Yes very lucky. I tried it with Dunlop and they said they don't send out free stuff. I then sent another about 3 months later from my wife's email account when I went to complain about bad strings that I seemed to be getting and they wouldn't even send me free replacements on just the B and E strings I needed.

so odd. i was considering changing pick size this year.
contacted them and they sent out a variety pack for me to
try.
was pretty nice of the woman running customer service.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
KrymsinViking
311 IQ
Heard back from Planet Waves, V-Pick, and Impact Picks by the time I got out of my 9am class. Impact straight up asked me to send mailing info, while Planet Waves and V-Pick both linked me to places to buy their products (although Planet Waves did give me a good rundown on Glass vs. Metal slides)

Planet Waves got back to me again very quickly, A+ for customer service and said I should expect some samples from them in a few days. (Fingers crossed for a slide)

V-pick linked me to their PA retailers but they are both over 3 hours away so hopefully ill hear back from them about some samples

And Ernie ball sent me some info on the cobalt strings and linked me to testimonials about them. Asked for a set to try on the off chance they will send me one.

Looks like Dunlop, Impact Picks, Planet Waves, and EMG are sending me picks so far.

Also as to whether or not to include your address in the initial email, I'd say that's a bit presumptuous, however what I would do is include it in your emails signature like professional types, so that way they still get the information, but it's something that gets sent in every email regardless, not like you typed it in askin them to send you stuff.
Last edited by KrymsinViking at Dec 11, 2012,
conanwarrior
722 IQ
Cool, I just sent dunlop an email, they replied they are sending me some teckpicks and jazz III's to the U.K.

Edit: and I emailed at around 12:10 AM UK time, they emailed back within minutes! I just said I usually use tortex picks, would it be possible to try out some teckpicks and jazz IIIs. They was very friendly in the reply.
Last edited by conanwarrior at Jul 18, 2014,
tubetime86
I don't even play guitar.
1,633 IQ
Cool, this thread is back.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
conanwarrior
722 IQ
Quote by tubetime86
Cool, this thread is back.

Sorry, I didn't check the date, shouldn't of bumped it.