I just had a thought...

How awesome would it be to have a pick made of flamed maple :O
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by OliOsbourne
I just had a thought...

How awesome would it be to have a pick made of flamed maple :O

You can get wood picks.
A google search shows you can get birdseye and curly maple. But I'm sure places would do a flamed pick for you, ask around.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
You can get wood picks.
A google search shows you can get birdseye and curly maple. But I'm sure places would do a flamed pick for you, ask around.

I googled flame maple picks and nothing came up

I wish PRS made private stock picks
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Getting a sample from gravity picks, just emailed dunlop
You can always find a place to go if you can keep your sanity
Man, they might run out of picks if you guys keep asking for them.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Quote by kutless999
Man, they might run out of picks if you guys keep asking for them.

what's your point?

HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by OliOsbourne
what's your point?

I'm terrible at making jokes, aren't I?
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Quote by kutless999
I'm terrible at making jokes, aren't I?

well, it wasn't the funniest
Quote by Zoot Allures
Dunlop are is gonna track me down and murder me at this rate.

Fixed
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

problem with giving out lots of free items (strings or picks or whatever) is that it cuts into the bottom line profitability of the company. So to keep up they must raise the price of the product to offset the loss in profit. So in a month or two we will all be paying more for picks and strings because so many people are asking for free ones.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
I bought about 75 dunlop picks for 15 dlls

go to your guitar store, test all of them out, find your favorite

then buy 'em en masse online
Opus Pocus =]
Well, considering I only play Blue Chips ($35 a piece), I don't have a need for mass produced picks anymore. I sampled gravity awhile back (Chris sent me 2), wasn't my cup of tea, but Chris was a pleasure to deal with.

In the coming months I am receiving a $3500 luthier-built custom to demo for a week at no cost. Gonna need some more picks to trump that one, am I the champion miser yet?

Also, this thread is filled with idiocy.
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
Quote by Spynal
Well, considering I only play Blue Chips ($35 a piece), I don't have a need for mass produced picks anymore. I sampled gravity awhile back (Chris sent me 2), wasn't my cup of tea, but Chris was a pleasure to deal with.

In the coming months I am receiving a $3500 luthier-built custom to demo for a week at no cost. Gonna need some more picks to trump that one, am I the champion miser yet?

Also, this thread is filled with idiocy.

What, are we supposed to be impressed?
Who cares if people want free stuff.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
one mans journey for free picks has left this 4 page thread every time i hit control panel

We better get some damn pics of the picks
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by Eppicurt
What, are we supposed to be impressed?
Who cares if people want free stuff.

Once upon a time, these forums will filled with people who discussed guitar and guitar-related things, instead of some bored 20 y/o trying to save $2 through Dunlop. or some 17 year old kid trying to puff his chest out.

.. and people wonder why I only show up once every few months.

Quote by Magero
Quote by Spynal
Once upon a time, these forums will filled with people who discussed guitar and guitar-related things, instead of some bored 20 y/o trying to save $2 through Dunlop. or some 17 year old kid trying to puff his chest out.

Cya in the next few months, we'll definitely miss you.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by Eppicurt
Cya in the next few months, we'll definitely miss you.

Original ... oh no, it's not. Sorry if i remember the days when this forum had more than "I have $300 and want to sound like a Marshall" threads. School's back in session, I'd recommend finishing your homework BEFORE posting, kid.

Quote by Magero
Quote by Spynal

I think guitar picks and the discussion thereof might be guitar-related.

Either way it's not like this is the only thread around...just don't read it if you want this particular discussion.

It's not really a case of saving $2 or anything. To be honest I have two picks that I've used for ages with each of my guitars, a handful attached to my keys and loads scattered about the house which are in some kind of limbo. I don't really need to have free picks.
It's a case of seeing what each company will do and how they deal with you.

Also there is of course the thing about free stuff being awesome...

Anyway, it's not like this is hurting any companies, Dunlop and Planet Waves can afford to give a handful of picks away (I've made my feelings on the smaller companies like Gravity picks elsewhere in the thread), and I'm sure they get plenty of people doing it, and probably even have some kind of amount budgeted that they can lose for free in this sort of situation.

So I think people should stop acting like we're the downfall of the world's economy cos we're asking for a couple of picks, and the companies are obliging in a friendly manner.

But homework is hard.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by Punk_Ninja
I think guitar picks and the discussion thereof might be guitar-related.

There's next to no 'pick discussion' in this thread, a whole lot of "I want free shit, lol

Either way it's not like this is the only thread around...just don't read it if you want this particular discussion.

And compared to say, 6 years ago, the quality of thread around here is like 5% of what it was.

It's not really a case of saving $2 or anything. To be honest I have two picks that I've used for ages with each of my guitars, a handful attached to my keys and loads scattered about the house which are in some kind of limbo. I don't really need to have free picks.
It's a case of seeing what each company will do and how they deal with you.

This wasn't presented as some sort of customer service experiment, this turned blatantly into "Where can i get a handout?". I mean, getting a free sample of things is fun (on top of my gravitys, I recently got a few free picks and a free set of strings from another company). I'm not gonna run around and tell everyone "LOOK, FREE STUFF!!! EXPLOIT THIS COMPANY". Which happened with that particular offer.

Also there is of course the thing about free stuff being awesome...

I'm not opposed to getting free stuff, but begging for it irks me

Anyway, it's not like this is hurting any companies, Dunlop and Planet Waves can afford to give a handful of picks away (I've made my feelings on the smaller companies like Gravity picks elsewhere in the thread), and I'm sure they get plenty of people doing it, and probably even have some kind of amount budgeted that they can lose for free in this sort of situation.

I'm sure they have advertising budgets, and doing things like this is great, however, this isn't an experiment in customer service. This is "I'm too cheap to spend $2" combined with "I heard someone got something free once, so I'm entitled to it too!". I support your view on gravity. Chris sent me two picks, and they weren't for me (even after modifying them in every way I know how). I genuinely feel bad about not being able to support a craftsman after such generosity. However, for everyone like me, that is genuinely interested in trying a boutique, hand-crafted product, there's 5 people like the OP that just wants something for free. It irks me that people are so willing to exploit someone like that

So I think people should stop acting like we're the downfall of the world's economy cos we're asking for a couple of picks, and the companies are obliging in a friendly manner.

I'm not saying it's the end of the world's economy. I'm saying it's a sad state of affairs, when someone feels the need to post a thread about asking for a handout.

Quote by Magero
Last edited by Spynal at Sep 2, 2011,
Quote by Spynal
There's next to no 'pick discussion' in this thread, a whole lot of "I want free shit, lol

I dunno, it started that way, as a rather amusing affair in which Zoot got a free $42 pick, but there has been discussion on how the companies have responded and stuff with people. I mean sure it's not exactly a high brow discussion, but come on, it's an internet forum, not everyone does want to discuss the ins and outs of pick manufacturers, I for one, would, but I know most people wouldn't, so I'm cool with talking about free shit along with my learning of companies response to people and stuff.

Quote by Spynal
And compared to say, 6 years ago, the quality of thread around here is like 5% of what it was.

To be honest, since I've been coming here (which is about maybe 3 months prior to my joining) there's always been a mass amount of ridiculous threads, worse than this one. Worse than the "I want a Marshall for £100" that are around today. I distinctly remember loads of "I want to sound like Slash", "I want to sound like Kirk Hammett", "I want to sound like Dimebag" threads, which were just tedious! I think a lot of what it is, is a bit of nostalgia, things remembered are always much better than anything going on now.

Quote by Spynal
This wasn't presented as some sort of customer service experiment, this turned blatantly into "Where can i get a handout?". I mean, getting a free sample of things is fun (on top of my gravitys, I recently got a few free picks and a free set of strings from another company). I'm not gonna run around and tell everyone "LOOK, FREE STUFF!!! EXPLOIT THIS COMPANY". Which happened with that particular offer.

I'll agree it wasn't presented as anything more than "I've tried to get a free pick and it worked", causing others to try it. But it has, as I've said, taught me how each company reacts and treats their customers (like how Dunlop will throw picks at anything, even when they aren't asked for one!).
I'm fine telling people which big brand gives away stuff, cos they can easily afford it. The one thing in this thread that has irked me, is people going to V-Picks and Gravity and places like that, V-Picks are doing quite well for themselves, but I imagine Gravity aren't doing as well, so they will need the custom of people as opposed to giving away free picks. It wouldn't be so bad if it was a sample prior to a purchase, but I assume a lot of people in this thread aren't going to be buying afterwards, otherwise that'd be a lot of picks they have to buy!

Quote by Spynal
I'm not opposed to getting free stuff, but begging for it irks me

I've seen no one, nor done any, begging for picks here. People ask, and if they get shot down they leave it.

Quote by Spynal
I'm sure they have advertising budgets, and doing things like this is great, however, this isn't an experiment in customer service. This is "I'm too cheap to spend $2" combined with "I heard someone got something free once, so I'm entitled to it too!". I support your view on gravity. Chris sent me two picks, and they weren't for me (even after modifying them in every way I know how). I genuinely feel bad about not being able to support a craftsman after such generosity. However, for everyone like me, that is genuinely interested in trying a boutique, hand-crafted product, there's 5 people like the OP that just wants something for free. It irks me that people are so willing to exploit someone like that

Yeah, the whole Gravity/other unknown companies thing is a bit annoying, though if these people try their picks then buy one I see no problem.
But as I've said I can't see a problem with getting free stuff from the companies that can afford it, and probably spend like, a matter of pennies for every 50 picks or something...this is probably a very under exaggerated view on pick manufacturing, but I know that Dunlop and Planet Waves won't spend a whole lot on the plastics they use, and the manufacturing methods will have paid for themselves by now.

Quote by Spynal
I'm not saying it's the end of the world's economy. I'm saying it's a sad state of affairs, when someone feels the need to post a thread about asking for a handout.

Well that part was more to the guy who said "Because you're asking for free picks and strings, they'll raise the price", should have made it a bit more clear.
And I think it's human nature to think "Just how far can I go with this". That's why Zoot emailed Fender and Gibson, knowing he'd get shot down, but that attitude did reveal he could get an expensive pick for nothing.
Sure it's not exactly the classiest thing to do, but I can't see it really hurting anyone (this again isn't referring to Gravity picks or any other small business, but my thoughts on that are clear by now).
guys you're just talking gibberish..
i mean look i myself have more than 100 picks at the moment. all brand new in one place. the thing behind this is that if i say like Gravity picks then il'l try and get into some better relations with Chris. if i dont like it. i'll tell him why i didnt and what i'd want it to have. ni the end we'll just split up as some nice mates whom I'll also ask to keep me updated on news and be always helpful, he'll also listen to my music so someday may be me or him will be needing something and we'll go like "hey i know this dude..." it's called relationship (in a musical industry)

second, sending you few picks that you really like is more likely that after your pick is done you'll go get the same thing than sitting down sending people to stores. clearly if you are making say 50% profit from the price you sell your product for, you can invest at least 30% of it into giving away some samples which can be of a bigger PR than anything. Say we're already talking of Gravity picks for few days already, I'll get mine and post a review. and tell some other people who play guitar saying 'Chris sent me a gravity pick, you gotta check it out' and they can play it and like it and go get some for themselves.

and finally, if you ask someone to send you some samples, it's not like he's obliged, if he doesnt want he will just say no

I say this is a a very cheap and a very effective PR for a company
Before I bother responding to all of that in great detail, I should point out:

"6RF.20 SS STANDARD PICK - 36/BAG
REFILL BAG OF 36 PICKS
.20mm
Refill Bag of 36 Pick
$42.78 EA"

It's not a $43 guitar pick, it's $43 for $36. It's not a generous gesture on the part of Dunlop, it's some kid who doesn't know how to read. I'll get to rest of this in a second.

Quote by Magero
Quote by Spynal
Before I bother responding to all of that in great detail, I should point out:

"6RF.20 SS STANDARD PICK - 36/BAG
REFILL BAG OF 36 PICKS
.20mm
Refill Bag of 36 Pick
$42.78 EA"

It's not a $43 guitar pick, it's $43 for $36. It's not a generous gesture on the part of Dunlop, it's some kid who doesn't know how to read. I'll get to rest of this in a second.

well done sir
then it's even less arguable that they aer just being friendly and sending some samples, whats so wrong about it?

on my side however. i have not received any reponse from any of the companies otehr than Gravity Picks
Quote by Punk_Ninja
I dunno, it started that way, as a rather amusing affair in which Zoot got a free $42 pick, but there has been discussion on how the companies have responded and stuff with people.

As i pointed out above, it's not a $43 pick. A little reading comprehension goes a long way. As far as I an tell, dunlop does not sell individual picks on it's site. It's also not known for 'boutique' items. Certainly picks that expensive DO exist, but not from Dunop

I mean sure it's not exactly a high brow discussion, but come on, it's an internet forum, not everyone does want to discuss the ins and outs of pick manufacturers, I for one, would, but I know most people wouldn't, so I'm cool with talking about free shit along with my learning of companies response to people and stuff.

My point being there's little worthwhile discussion that goes on on this forum anymore. It's the same old questions with the same canned answers.

To be honest, since I've been coming here (which is about maybe 3 months prior to my joining) there's always been a mass amount of ridiculous threads, worse than this one. Worse than the "I want a Marshall for £100" that are around today. I distinctly remember loads of "I want to sound like Slash", "I want to sound like Kirk Hammett", "I want to sound like Dimebag" threads, which were just tedious! I think a lot of what it is, is a bit of nostalgia, things remembered are always much better than anything going on now.

Well, I've been here since 2004. Threads existed in that vein back then, as well. The only difference was there was knowledgeable discussion to be found. I can literally look at the first page and find nearly no thread of interest to me.

I'll agree it wasn't presented as anything more than "I've tried to get a free pick and it worked", causing others to try it. But it has, as I've said, taught me how each company reacts and treats their customers (like how Dunlop will throw picks at anything, even when they aren't asked for one!).

They didn't 'throw picks' at you. You asked a question, and they made a good customer service decision in allowing you to try them yourself. I'm not sure if your original e-mail was a a genuine jazz question, or a veiled attempt to score a few free picks. I'm not gonna bother reading the thread to figure it out. There's a tonal difference between "Look at this great customer service" and "Look I got some free picks".

I'm fine telling people which big brand gives away stuff, cos they can easily afford it. The one thing in this thread that has irked me, is people going to V-Picks and Gravity and places like that, V-Picks are doing quite well for themselves, but I imagine Gravity aren't doing as well, so they will need the custom of people as opposed to giving away free picks. It wouldn't be so bad if it was a sample prior to a purchase, but I assume a lot of people in this thread aren't going to be buying afterwards, otherwise that'd be a lot of picks they have to buy!

I've made my opinions on Chris well-known here, and on another forum. I've covered this prior.

I've seen no one, nor done any, begging for picks here. People ask, and if they get shot down they leave it.

99% of the emails generated as a result of this thread are probably not genuine emails of interest, but just an attempt to get some free stuff. If you wanna get Dunlop for $2, fine. But taking advantage of boutique makers, I've already discussed.

Yeah, the whole Gravity/other unknown companies thing is a bit annoying, though if these people try their picks then buy one I see no problem.
But as I've said I can't see a problem with getting free stuff from the companies that can afford it, and probably spend like, a matter of pennies for every 50 picks or something...this is probably a very under exaggerated view on pick manufacturing, but I know that Dunlop and Planet Waves won't spend a whole lot on the plastics they use, and the manufacturing methods will have paid for themselves by now.

A company is a company, they exist for the sake of generating profit. Cutting into a companie's profit just because they've been successful isn't THAT different from receiving a sample from an artisan. The latter is a bit more personal, but the former is still a business.

Well that part was more to the guy who said "Because you're asking for free picks and strings, they'll raise the price", should have made it a bit more clear.
And I think it's human nature to think "Just how far can I go with this". That's why Zoot emailed Fender and Gibson, knowing he'd get shot down, but that attitude did reveal he could get an expensive pick for nothing.
Sure it's not exactly the classiest thing to do, but I can't see it really hurting anyone (this again isn't referring to Gravity picks or any other small business, but my thoughts on that are clear by now).

Again, he didn't get an expensive pick. He got like $1 pick from them. The whole basis of this frenzy was a misunderstanding by Zoot.

Quote by Vendetta V
guys you're just talking gibberish..

Capitalization. It is a part of the Engish language.

i mean look i myself have more than 100 picks at the moment. all brand new in one place.

This seems entirely irrelevant

the thing behind this is that if i say like Gravity picks then il'l try and get into some better relations with Chris. if i dont like it. i'll tell him why i didnt and what i'd want it to have.

You're seriously jumbled all through here. I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to say. Pretty sure you're trying to say if you're interested in a product, you're going to attempt to weasel something for free from the owner rather than, you know, buying it.

*snip*
it's called relationship (in a musical industry)

Something tells me I've forgotten more about the music industry than you will ever know. Don't fucking talk to me like I'm some random kid who got lost on his way to a porn site and stumbled onto UG.

second, sending you few picks that you really like is more likely that after your pick is done you'll go get the same thing than sitting down sending people to stores.

Which is why they send the samples, because some people may be geniunely interested in trying several picks from their line. This isn't the case, this was just people trying to get something for free

clearly if you are making say 50% profit from the price you sell your product for, you can invest at least 30% of it into giving away some samples which can be of a bigger PR than anything.

If you're going to use numbers, don't just make them up.

Say we're already talking of Gravity picks for few days already, I'll get mine and post a review. and tell some other people who play guitar saying 'Chris sent me a gravity pick, you gotta check it out' and they can play it and like it and go get some for themselves.

You're trying to justify parasitic behavior. Unless I'm recalling someone else from this thread, you think because you're on some forum you have some kind of entitlement to stuff. Because you can type up a few words about something (albeit in poor English) people should honor you with them.

and finally, if you ask someone to send you some samples, it's not like he's obliged, if he doesnt want he will just say no

This is true, but that's not what this thread is about

I say this is a a very cheap and a very effective PR for a company

It is, when people who are genuinely interested in the product receive the samples. however, a bunch of punk kids on some forum requesting samples isn't the kind of PR they need. You're going to but dunlops in packs of 12 when you're at GC because they're cheap, anyway. That's not product promotion, that's wasted advertising budget.

Quote by Magero
Last edited by Spynal at Sep 2, 2011,
Spynal, I have eben around here just as long as you. I enjoy the threads I see now just as much if not MORE than when I started. You're just being silly. There have always been somewhat pointless threads. This one is obviously not THAT bad if it is causing all these responses. I had never heard of gravity picks before this thread. After reading about how cool the guy is about sending picks, it makes me want to go buy a couple. It also made me think about some things. I actually sent D'Addario an email asking some questions about their coated strings as I've always been curious. Sure spending a little extra money my next string change isn't a huge deal, but I usually buy 5 packs of normal D'add strings, so buying coated strings is a little more of a hassle because I get less for my money. If D'add convinces me their coated strings are worth I may give them a try. Before this thread, I wouldn't have thought to ask them. If they don't send me free strings, I don't really care. I didn't even ask.

To me this thread has just been a bit of an eye opener about the PR of these companies. I'm going to go ahead and benefit from this thread and see all the positives while you just scoff at it. I think I get the better end of the deal...
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Spynal, I can't be bothered to go through every point in your post like I did last time.
But this whole "you're getting free stuff for the sake of it" may not be entirely true. I can't speak for everyone, but I know that when I use the picks sent to me, I'll think about them in comparison to the picks I always use now (generally just "standard" shaped 1mm picks, made from nylon or some other plastic, nothing fancy I've never really delved into picks too much, aside from one or two different picks that I don't really use), if I like one or more of the models I try, I'll go onto buying more of them.

It's not like I'm attempting to hoard picks for the sake of it. The picks I'm getting for free are new to me. With Dunlop, I dunno exactly what they're going to send, but assumably I'll get one of their standard Jazz picks and a couple of other Jazz picks, of which I've never tried.
With Planet Waves, I've only ever tried their Joe Satriani signature, in the lightest gauge (which was horrible for me, hate thin picks), so trying what they send me will give me a good representation of their picks.

This could affect whether or not I'll buy these products in future.
With this I'm to assume that others will be the same way.

Cos it'd be pointless to get free picks, never use them, never form an opinion of them, etc, etc.
Quote by InanezGuitars44
Spynal, I have eben around here just as long as you. I enjoy the threads I see now just as much if not MORE than when I started. You're just being silly. There have always been somewhat pointless threads. This one is obviously not THAT bad if it is causing all these responses. I had never heard of gravity picks before this thread. After reading about how cool the guy is about sending picks, it makes me want to go buy a couple. It also made me think about some things. I actually sent D'Addario an email asking some questions about their coated strings as I've always been curious. Sure spending a little extra money my next string change isn't a huge deal, but I usually buy 5 packs of normal D'add strings, so buying coated strings is a little more of a hassle because I get less for my money. If D'add convinces me their coated strings are worth I may give them a try. Before this thread, I wouldn't have thought to ask them. If they don't send me free strings, I don't really care. I didn't even ask.

To me this thread has just been a bit of an eye opener about the PR of these companies. I'm going to go ahead and benefit from this thread and see all the positives while you just scoff at it. I think I get the better end of the deal...

I agree with this, i didn't ask for any of the picks in the email because they were expensive anyway, i asked for them because a lot of them were weird or picks i'd never tried before, i asked for a felt pick too because i have no idea what that will be like.
And , if i think one of the picks i get is really good then i'll probably start using them over my current jazz 3s.

edit: and is there anything wrong with wanting free stuff? ._.
Last edited by Zoot Allures at Sep 2, 2011,
I just received this email from Fender concerning their flatwound bass strings.
Thank you for your email. Although every manufacturer’s string set will be slightly different; any stainless steel string will be a little bright for the first month or so. If you can provide me with your physical address and preferred gauge I will be more than happy to send you out a set to test for comparison.

Best Regards,

All I asked was if their strings had a more classic tone.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Quote by Spynal

Capitalization. It is a part of the Engish language.

Well excuse me good sir, I know when having a discussion people get on some minor irrelevant mistakes to prove their statements correct so I should have been more careful about my capitalization.

This seems entirely irrelevant
This seems totally relevant in the way that I was pointing that I wasn't trying to save up money or whatever you claim there and was paying interest in the products.

You're seriously jumbled all through here. I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to say. Pretty sure you're trying to say if you're interested in a product, you're going to attempt to weasel something for free from the owner rather than, you know, buying it.
No I'm pretty sure that if I somehow get interested in some sort of product I'm gonna try it out despite people accusing me in a weaseling attempt.

Something tells me I've forgotten more about the music industry than you will ever know. Don't fucking talk to me like I'm some random kid who got lost on his way to a porn site and stumbled onto UG.
If you feel like you have forgotten something or feel like a kid who got lost on his way to a porn site and stumbled onto UG then it's solely your problem.

Which is why they send the samples, because some people may be geniunely interested in trying several picks from their line. This isn't the case, this was just people trying to get something for free
The difference between you and them is that you assume that people are trying to rob someone and also have no genuine interest in the product. I myself can get their names under "special thanks" on my albums.

If you're going to use numbers, don't just make them up.

If I'm going to use examples I am free to use any form of writing speech to represent what I have in my mind.

You're trying to justify parasitic behavior. Unless I'm recalling someone else from this thread, you think because you're on some forum you have some kind of entitlement to stuff. Because you can type up a few words about something (albeit in poor English) people should honor you with them.

Just because my English is somewhat poor due to me not being an English native-talker and my fast writing with some mistakes because we aren't really in a congress or something doesn't make you somehow superior. And just because you think you can write down long arguments doesn't mean you can go accusing people in parasitic, as you call it, way of behavior.

This is true, but that's not what this thread is about

It is, when people who are genuinely interested in the product receive the samples. however, a bunch of punk kids on some forum requesting samples isn't the kind of PR they need. You're going to but dunlops in packs of 12 when you're at GC because they're cheap, anyway. That's not product promotion, that's wasted advertising budget.

Again may be you should stop accusing people? How do you know of what I'm gonna do? Or if I didn't really contact these companies out of pure interest?

my local stores have only stupid Chinese 5 dollar guitars selling for 200+ dollars that are made from cardboard or something and only, no good variety of accessories, no strings to try out. Me asking for few samples to finally see those picks and stuff in person and try out are far more fair than your claims here because in my country there are no GCs nor Musician's Friends so you'd better back off on those sharp words with your very elitist, skeptic and arrogant attitude, sir.
Quit taking up so much space with your arguments
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

I'm going to attempt to keep this short and sweet.

Quote by Vendetta V
Well excuse me good sir, I know when having a discussion people get on some minor irrelevant mistakes to prove their statements correct so I should have been more careful about my capitalization.

No, I just can't stand reading posts like that. Has nothing to do with whether or not I'm right.

The difference between you and them is that you assume that people are trying to rob someone and also have no genuine interest in the product. I myself can get their names under "special thanks" on my albums.

And here's the golden quote. Let me quote soemthing from earlier in this thread:

that's why im God Box's (quite a young boutique pedal brand) main artist endorsee. cause i tell them what iwant, how i want and why i want and they take it as a general musician preference. im not trying to get me a signature pedal lol, im just saying stuff i encounter and all and it's on a almost daily basis.

so yeah give me young brand names, i want some more endorsement

I've got news for you. Your music is underproduced, you don't have a proper website, you don't appear to play live, and your 'album cover' is done on MS Paint. Yet somehow, you think you have a right to ask boutique makers for free products so you can put them in your 'special thanks'. Then have the balls to call yourself an 'endorsee'? You make me absolutely sick with this pathetic attitude.

For the sake of brevity, I'll leave it there.

Quote by Magero
Quote by Spynal
I'm going to attempt to keep this short and sweet.

No, I just can't stand reading posts like that. Has nothing to do with whether or not I'm right.

And here's the golden quote. Let me quote soemthing from earlier in this thread:

I've got news for you. Your music is underproduced, you don't have a proper website, you don't appear to play live, and your 'album cover' is done on MS Paint. Yet somehow, you think you have a right to ask boutique makers for free products so you can put them in your 'special thanks'. Then have the balls to call yourself an 'endorsee'? You make me absolutely sick with this pathetic attitude.

For the sake of brevity, I'll leave it there.

Look buddy, just because you're misinformed doesn't mean you can go offending people around.

http://vendettav.bandcamp.com/album/electroscalpula

Is that ms paint?? i doubt so and even if it is then by all the ****ing means the dude who could do it on paint would pwn the world

How bout this? Paint again??
http://vendettav.bandcamp.com/album/the-factory

now if you're not into my production quality then by any means go seek a better sound, I myself dont like the heavily filtered recordings floating nowadays and I go the more of a unprocessed sound. that's my opinion!

And do not ****ing try to talk to me like that, if it makes you sick go vomit on your chest and stop assuming I am robbing boutique builders and all. You either have some serious problems in your life currently either IDK what to call it

also I'm sorry to everybody else for quite the rant here, however I do require a bit of respect towards my art and everybody else's art and what other try to do, unless they are only there bitching on what you are actually doing.
Quote by Vendetta V
Look buddy, just because you're misinformed doesn't mean you can go offending people around.

http://vendettav.bandcamp.com/album/electroscalpula

Is that ms paint?? i doubt so and even if it is then by all the ****ing means the dude who could do it on paint would pwn the world

How bout this? Paint again??
http://vendettav.bandcamp.com/album/the-factory

I'm sorry, when I go to someone's 'website' and see:

I don't particularly feel the need to peruse their entire catalog.

now if you're not into my production quality then by any means go seek a better sound, I myself dont like the heavily filtered recordings floating nowadays and I go the more of a unprocessed sound. that's my opinion!

There's a difference between "raw" and "poor sound quality". I have rarely used a polished sound myself, but it at no point sounded like it was an amateur recording.

And do not ****ing try to talk to me like that, if it makes you sick go vomit on your chest and stop assuming I am robbing boutique builders and all. You either have some serious problems in your life currently either IDK what to call it

also I'm sorry to everybody else for quite the rant here, however I do require a bit of respect towards my art and everybody else's art and what other try to do, unless they are only there bitching on what you are actually doing.

You know who else deserves respect? The boutique makers you're attempting to exploit. You're the one looking for specific manufacturers to target for a handout, all so they can have the priviliege of being thanked on your 'album'. Hell, do you send them your 'autographed collectible card' as well?

Give me a fucking break.

Quote by Magero
Quote by Spynal
I'm sorry, when I go to someone's 'website' and see:

I don't particularly feel the need to peruse their entire catalog.

There's a difference between "raw" and "poor sound quality". I have rarely used a polished sound myself, but it at no point sounded like it was an amateur recording.

You know who else deserves respect? The boutique makers you're attempting to exploit. You're the one looking for specific manufacturers to target for a handout, all so they can have the priviliege of being thanked on your 'album'. Hell, do you send them your 'autographed collectible card' as well?

Give me a fucking break.

mp.... but i send people like you as far as i can... you know the rest
now shuttup or i'm gonna report you, im fed up with you and your stupid mind already. do and think that whatever you say is right/// just piss of mate///
you're acting like some sort of... WonderBoy that's gonna save all the people out there from my evil exploitation ... i say go get yourself a life first of all and then talk fromthe name of people who work and enjoying working with me. it's not you to tell if they're happy or no...

goodbye
Quote by Vendetta V
mp.... but i send people like you as far as i can... you know the rest
now shuttup or i'm gonna report you, im fed up with you and your stupid mind already. do and think that whatever you say is right/// just piss of mate///

I'll pass on the obvious butchering of the English language here. Go ahead, report me for expressing an opinion. I started this with absolutely no intention of taking it to a personal level, but you're the one trying to play some high road on me.

you're acting like some sort of... WonderBoy that's gonna save all the people out there from my evil exploitation ... i say go get yourself a life first of all and then talk fromthe name of people who work and enjoying working with me. it's not you to tell if they're happy or no...

goodbye

No, I'm just telling you that you are using companies, and I don't think you have that right. I mean, if you want me to talk to your 'sponsors', I'm more than happy to send them this thread, showing you bragging about targeting small manufacturers so you didn't have to pay for their product. I can show them your miserable attitude show within. I can show them your childish rants at me and my 'stupid mind'. I've been on UG a long time, I've seen your type come and go a thousand times. Get a real band, put some real sacrifices into your music, and EARN your 'endorsements' like I did, and countless others before me.

Quote by Magero
Quote by Spynal
I'll pass on the obvious butchering of the English language here. Go ahead, report me for expressing an opinion. I started this with absolutely no intention of taking it to a personal level, but you're the one trying to play some high road on me.

No, I'm just telling you that you are using companies, and I don't think you have that right. I mean, if you want me to talk to your 'sponsors', I'm more than happy to send them this thread, showing you bragging about targeting small manufacturers so you didn't have to pay for their product. I can show them your miserable attitude show within. I can show them your childish rants at me and my 'stupid mind'. I've been on UG a long time, I've seen your type come and go a thousand times. Get a real band, put some real sacrifices into your music, and EARN your 'endorsements' like I did, and countless others before me.

out of us two only you were the one to bitch about me. just so you're being all arrogant, im not even gonna try elaborating what im doing with them and how.
If you think a solo artist cant exist then you're simply wrong
if you think that i target small companies to only use them you're still wrong cause i only meant that big people go dealing with big companies. i didnt think i was going to get endorsement with Fulltone or MXR or EHX or something.

and by any means how do you know if i earned my endorsement or no? you're just acting.. i dont know.. just inappropriate
Quote by Vendetta V
out of us two only you were the one to bitch about me. just so you're being all arrogant, im not even gonna try elaborating what im doing with them and how.

That's mostly because you have absolutely no clue who I am, or what I've accomplished.

If you think a solo artist cant exist then you're simply wrong

I never implied that at all, but it does require proper recording to do so and be successful.

if you think that i target small companies to only use them you're still wrong cause i only meant that big people go dealing with big companies. i didnt think i was going to get endorsement with Fulltone or MXR or EHX or something.

and by any means how do you know if i earned my endorsement or no? you're just acting.. i dont know.. just inappropriate

well..

so yeah give me young brand names, i want some more endorsement

Is all I need to think what I do.

Quote by Magero
Quote by Spynal
That's mostly because you have absolutely no clue who I am, or what I've accomplished.

I never implied that at all, but it does require proper recording to do so and be successful.

well..

Is all I need to think what I do.

oh well sorry my arrogant mind, what was i thinking when i was posting in a forum.. i should have clarified that i want the brands with the best intentions to try and possibly secure a nice tight relationship later after trying their samples which i would obtain with a desire to sample them and not for the sake of getting them (as if if you're not interested why would you get it in the first place?)
whatever, get over it

also if you are so observant you might have noticed my Good Bye.. that means i do not want to talk to you anymore, if you think you are all right and have achieved good stuff then cool...
now going with morals, if several people do not want you there next to them, you are meant to leave them alone.
Last edited by Vendetta V at Sep 2, 2011,