Page 5 of 22
Blah blah blah tooooo much arguing. >.<

Let's all be friends, okay? If not, go back to The Pit.

Anyways, if Dunlop doesn't respond after three days, does it mean that they've ignored my email? Also, can I just email them from another address or will they be able to tell which I.P. the emails are being sent to?
Quote by Spynal

No, I'm just telling you that you are using companies, and I don't think you have that right. .

D'aww, well we do, and dunlop and others are sending me and him free picks and you are left spamming up a thread. Who wins?

and yes i am arrogant, i've asked fender and gibson for a free melody maker and telecaster, i've asked dunlop picks for a load of picks which they are sending, and gravity picks too, and ernie ball strings and ddarrio. If you don't like it then what are you gonna do? Tell me you think i'm a bad person? :3
Last edited by Zoot Allures at Sep 2, 2011,
Quote by xShade
Blah blah blah tooooo much arguing. >.<

Let's all be friends, okay? If not, go back to The Pit.

Anyways, if Dunlop doesn't respond after three days, does it mean that they've ignored my email? Also, can I just email them from another address or will they be able to tell which I.P. the emails are being sent to?

I doubt it , i didn't get a reply for a few days.
I sent my e-mail to Artist Relations...how pretentious can you be?
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
I actually emailed Dunlop about what the real difference in material was from the red Jazz 3 and the black ones about a year or so ago. They answered me and sent out a pack of the black ones to see for myself. I was actually going to buy some, but that is good customer service. I like buying from a company that actually takes an interest, however small. I still went out and got a pack because for whatever reason I can't seem to keep picks or lighters around. They all vanish into oblivion or something.
Last edited by Fenderexpx50 at Sep 2, 2011,
Quote by Zoot Allures
I doubt it , i didn't get a reply for a few days.

I emailed Customer Service. Did I do it right?

I seriously hope I get some though. I've wanted to try out Gator Grips and Jazz IIIs for a while, but the closest music store is 2 miles away and I don't think they sell picks.
Quote by xShade
I emailed Customer Service. Did I do it right?

I seriously hope I get some though. I've wanted to try out Gator Grips and Jazz IIIs for a while, but the closest music store is 2 miles away and I don't think they sell picks.

Yeah that's right.
Yeah, xShade, I thought they weren't gonna get back, but it seems it's always a couple of days til they reply.

And I used customer service so all should be good.
Well so far I'm getting picks from Gravity picks and I'm getting a set of flatwound bass strings from Fender.

I haven't heard anything from dunlop or planet waves yet.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Last edited by Alucard817 at Sep 3, 2011,
Sh*t, i got no chance now
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by Zoot Allures
I somehow am beginning to doubt if fender or gibson are ever going to reply to my email about free guitars

How did you e-mail Fender? The only thing I can find is a physical address to their Corporate Headquarters. =/
Quote by Zoot Allures
I did it to ukqueries@fender.com

That's on their site somewhere, but i am in the UK so, it was that variation.

Maybe its a different site in the UK. On the US site there's a thing for "Contact Us" and when you click the link it just gives you an address to their headquarters.

I've been e-mailing other companies tonight - on top of getting some samples to try I'm also trying to get some stuff like stickers, patches, etc. I'm sure at least one of the bigger companies would be happy to have some next-to-free advertising because you know they can print a billion stickers for a nickle.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
How did you e-mail Fender? The only thing I can find is a physical address to their Corporate Headquarters. =/

It's under support then you have to search for contact.

Heres the email I used to contact Fender for my strings.
consumerrelations@fender.com
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Alucard817
It's under support then you have to search for contact.

Heres the email I used to contact Fender for my strings.
consumerrelations@fender.com

When I go to the site and go to support and click on "Contact Us" it just gives me their address.

Thanks for the e-mail though. I'm more just trying to get stuff with the Fender logo on it from them - don't really like their picks.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
When I go to the site and go to support and click on "Contact Us" it just gives me their address.

Thanks for the e-mail though. I'm more just trying to get stuff with the Fender logo on it from them - don't really like their picks.

I have quite a few things with Fenders logo on it, mainly cuz I'm a wh0re for Fender.

I've got caps, shirts and picks, not to mention my two basses. Paid for. not free.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Alucard817
I have quite a few things with Fenders logo on it, mainly cuz I'm a wh0re for Fender.

I've got caps, shirts and picks, not to mention my two basses. Paid for. not free.

Yea, I've got my '74 SF Bassman which was 100% free.

And a Fender acoustic/electric.

I'm talking more along the lines of stickers and whatnot.
...I have Fender shoes.

...beat that.

I did have a T-shirt, but I lost it somehow. Oooh I also have Fender playing cards.

...not one Fender guitar.

Wish I had one though.
Any of you guys get your picks yet?
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Quote by kutless999
Any of you guys get your picks yet?

yeah, i got 2 from gravity picks, and dunlop have sent me out some, im waiting on them
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Are they nice?
Quote by littlephil
72 picks... 1 1/2 years?
Do you just use them once or something?

Seriously, right?

I've only bought 2 packs of picks (of 12 each, though I have tried tons of picks) of Dunlop Tortex .73's and they've lasted me over 3 years. I actually end up losing them, which is why I need to get new ones.
Where's Waldo?
Quote by Wisthekiller
How do you guys ask for picks from Dunlop? Which email, and how do you format? (like a template for it)

Hi, my name is (insert name here) and I've been playing guitar for () years. I've seen your guitar pics online and I'd really like some samples. If you guys could send me some samples of your pics I'd really appreciated it. Im a big fan of your products and my favorite product of yours has to be the crybaby wah.

Thank you very much,
(name)

Try something like that.
Quote by kutless999
Hi, my name is (insert name here) and I've been playing guitar for () years. I've seen your guitar pics online and I'd really like some samples. If you guys could send me some samples of your pics I'd really appreciated it. Im a big fan of your products and my favorite product of yours has to be the crybaby wah.

Thank you very much,
(name)

Try something like that.

Do I include my address in that email?

And customer or artist email?
Quote by kutless999

Thank you very much,
(name)

Try something like that.

FUUUUUUUUUUUU-

I think I messed up. :-\
What did you say??
Quote by Wisthekiller
Do I include my address in that email?

And customer or artist email?

Don't give them your address until they ask for it. That's the proper way to do it. They might think you're poor if you give them your address right away and they'll think you're desperate for pics.
Quote by kutless999
Don't give them your address until they ask for it. That's the proper way to do it. They might think you're poor if you give them your address right away and they'll think you're desperate for pics.

So now customer or artist email?
What do you mean?
Quote by kutless999

It is? i've added my address to all the emails i've sent and dunlop / gravity picks did reply.
That's fine, as long as they reply.
Quote by Wisthekiller
They have 3 emails under "Contact Us." One is "General Questions" and one is "Artist Relations" (I know it's not Electronic Repair) so which email should I send it to?

I'd email them under general questions.
Quote by kutless999
What did you say??

My email to Dunlop.

Hey! I really love your guitar picks. In my opinion their the best out there on the market, and I know that many, many musicians agree with that statement. I'm a user of your Tortex guitar picks. They feel awesome and come and in some really cool colors. I wanted to know if you could send me a free sample of 2.0mm Gator Grip picks, a few Tortex TIII picks, and a couple of Tortex Sharp picks, if you don't mind (with free shipping, since it wouldn't be free, right!?). I have a lot of friends who use you guys, which is the reason why I got into using your products and their superb quality is the reason why I still use them today. Thank you for your time and keep up the good work!

The italicized part is me copying what Zoot said in his email to Fender. I thought it would work. Sorry Zoot...