Some people may have been following this thread in the GB&C but the guitar was finally delivered today and now it's time for my first ever NGD thread =D

Story: I've been friends with a guy named Mike for a long time who is the son of a famous British Luthier called Brian Eastwood. He's been making guitars for decades and he loves making mad stuff. Anyway, his son builds guitars too and with me being friends with him, when I finally decided I wanted to get a guitar custom built I asked him to do it for me. He agreed and made me a guitar that is perfect for me in pretty much every way. I adore it already. It sounds like I wanted it to sound, it plays like I wanted it to play and it looks how I wanted it to look.

The aim: Very simple guitar that just does exactly what it needs to, nothing more nothing less. If it doesn't need it, it doesn't have it. Very high quality, but simple. Ie. Something that is brilliantly built that I can gig with without worrying about dinging it, or changing anything. She's a workhorse baby!

Pics:

and one picture of her as a project . . .

Specs
Maple neck through. Basswood sides
Patrick Eggle style headstock
Brass truss cover
Brass nut
Ebony fretboard
24 jumbo frets
Neck profile based on my brian may guitar (thick D shape)
True single coil in the neck
Iron Gear hot slag pickup in the bridge
TOM and string through body
Volume
Tone
3 way toggle
Rear mounted input jack

and a group shot

Review: I don't know how much I can say really. I love it, but then I would, it was made for me. The thick D shape neck feels like its been cut for my hand . . . because it was. The sound is exactly what I wanted, which is very very bright and cutting. It's a snarling noise rather than anything else and it's very very clear. I'll be recording something soon for it, but I have an exam tomorrow to revise for tonight =D

So yeah, it's all made me pretty happy. I think tomorrow after the exam I'm going to treat myself and learn an album start to finish with her.
That's a beauty. I have a few including a Jackson Dinky that's the same color scheme but has slightly different electronics. I bet it sounds beastly.
I've got to be honest, I do not like that metal plate where the strings meet the body but apart from that it's damn sexy, HNGD!
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Looks like a great guitar.

Why does the guitar use a brass cover instead of ferrules for the string holes?
hot damn! that is one sexy guitar!

Happy NGD.
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
Looks like a high quality and comfortable guitar. HNGD mate! How much it was?
The brass thing instead of ferrules was a bit of an odd one. Basically we wanted something just a little different. Not so drastic that everyone would spend ages looking at it, but just enough so that it wasn't exactly the same as everything else. The reason it was done in brass was to tie in the truss rod, brass nut and logo. I think that was the theme for a lot of the guitar. Not drastically different, just lot's of little things that are a bit different. I forgot to mention the middle position was out of phase.

Entire thing cost 680GBP. I supplied some of the wood, the pickups and after all he is my friend =D
the rear-mounted input seems very odd to me. but very unique. any reason on why you chose that placement?
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
I've never been a fan of front mounted jacks when the rest of the electrics are rear mounted and when using side mounted it always feels like it gets in the way if I cant find a 90 degree angled jack. It keeps the front and sides looking clean, and from that angle the input jack can fold over the straplock very easily when playing live.
sweet

aside from not having a floyd, that's awesome
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
haha, this was always going to have a floyd until I realised that pretty much everything I have ever owned has had a floyd. =D I decided I finally needed something that didn't for live use, just in case a guitar bust a string and was in a different tuning.
ah ok
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
HS is beyond awesome. the only way you can make things more 80s (and by extension, more awesome) is to go for the single slanted bridge humbucker
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
HNGD!
Thinking of modding my main guitar for HS!
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Last edited by Emperor's Child at Aug 24, 2011,
Quote by Emperor's Child
HNGD!
Thinking of modding my main guitar for HS!

I had a strat that had a HB in the bridge, and the middle pickup was busted, so I had a HS. I thought with the dead middle spot I could do some Tom Morello shit, which I never ended up doing. That dead spot on the selector was a PITA live.
Quote by Dave_Mc
HS is beyond awesome. the only way you can make things more 80s (and by extension, more awesome) is to go for the single slanted bridge humbucker

+1

sick man, great looking piece.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Awesome guitar dude

HS is for real men.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
That guitar has a smokin' backside.

Seriously, the body contours and the shape of the heel look like a dream to play.
Quote by gregs1020
+1

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by CobenBlack

Rear mounted input jack

Any particular reason????

Anyway HNGD, that thing looks sweet
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?