Page 1 of 3
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14651735

He was outside Parliament where he said he was hit by a baton, taken out of his wheelchair and dragged across the road. Footage of the incident was later distributed online.

In a statement, the IPCC said that it had accepted the Metropolitan Police's own findings in relation to a number of Mr McIntyre's complaints.

The watchdog agreed officers had acted appropriately when they removed him from his wheelchair because they believed that he was in danger.

However, the watchdog said one officer had used "excessive force" by dragging Mr McIntyre along the road.

"The IPCC believes there was an indication that a criminal offence of common assault may have been committed and the matter should therefore have been referred to the CPS," said the watchdog.

"However, the six-month time limit in which such a prosecution could be commenced had already passed by the time this appeal was lodged.

Due to it being more than 6 months ago, so if you're a police officer and you commit a crime then you can get away with it providing 6 months go by apparently.
inb4 Only in America.

Yes I know this was in the UK.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Only in england

**** kind of ninjad ^
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
good beat that rioter
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Enjoy your police state, english people
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
He might be in a wheelchair but should he be treated any differently because of it? From what I've seen he's a complete dickhead, promoting the London rioting on his twitter etc. As far as I'm concerned he's just using his handicap as an excuse to do what he wants.
Quote by bequickorbedead
He might be in a wheelchair but should he be treated any differently because of it? From what I've seen he's a complete dickhead, promoting the London rioting on his twitter etc. As far as I'm concerned he's just using his handicap as an excuse to do what he wants.

oh i didnt know he was an actual rioter, i meant to be ignorant

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
The world is shit.

Also, this wasn't during the recent riots, it was the student protests.
If music was the food of love I'd be a fat romantic slob.
Quote by JimmyBanks6

He was actually a protester in the student protests a few months ago.

He might be a self-righteous, leftist dick but that doesn't excuse the police officer's behaviour and the later lack of punishment. The police certainly didn't know any of that when they first started messing with him. Instead they do what they want, like their goverment and not give a shit about what people think.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
He was actually a protester in the student protests a few months ago.

He might be a self-righteous, leftist dick but that doesn't excuse the police officer's behaviour and the later lack of punishment. The police certainly didn't know any of that when they first started messing with him. Instead they do what they want, like their goverment and not give a shit about what people think.

sounds like every government to me

(not that, that makes this acceptable or anything)

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Why are you always making threads about the police?
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils
Why are you always making threads about the police?

hes anti consumerism and establishment isnt he?

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6
hes anti consumerism and establishment isnt he?

Oh, I understand now
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by JimmyBanks6

I didn't even see your comment. I'm just of the opinion that the police have every right to beat anyone who is causing trouble, if they deserve it.

This is one of this guys tweets
Quote by JimmyBanks6
he's 15 isn't he?

fixed
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
Quote by bequickorbedead
I didn't even see your comment. I'm just of the opinion that the police have every right to beat anyone who is causing trouble, if they deserve it.

What does one have to do to, in your estimation, to "deserve" getting beat?
This guy gets way to much sympathy just because he's in a wheelchair. He's definitely caused much more trouble than most of the rioters. If this happened to someone who wasn't handicapped, it wouldn't have even made the news. Hell, I'm sure this HAS happened to many many other people.

And look at the BBC headline. The first two words:

Wheelchair protester
Im pretty sure there was a poisonous spider on his face and the killed it for him and dragged him to safety.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Lost Dog
This guy gets way to much sympathy just because he's in a wheelchair. He's definitely caused much more trouble than most of the rioters. If this happened to someone who wasn't handicapped, it wouldn't have even made the news. Hell, I'm sure this HAS happened to many many other people.

Wheelchair protester

That's also pretty irrelevant. It's an abhorrent act either way.
Quote by Lost Dog

Wheelchair protester

That's kinda the fucking point.

And how on Earth did he '[cause] more trouble than most of the rioters'? He didn't organise the event which thousands of people went to, and he was in a bloody wheelchair.
Last edited by Craigo at Aug 24, 2011,
Quote by due 07
That's also pretty irrelevant. It's an abhorrent act either way.

Exactly. The fact that hes in a wheelchair is totally irrelevant, yet people have so much more sympathy for him because of it, and the article is written around the fact he was in a wheelchair. So what? He was rioting, he was a perceived risk, and he was dealt with in a way anyone would in a situation where there are a ton of people out to get a police officer.
Quote by bequickorbedead

This is one of this guys tweets

OH NO!! He tweeted? How dare he exercise free speech!

Lets face it, he did not deserve the treatment he got, end of. It was practically police brutality, just because he's a dick doesn't mean he deserved to be hit with a baton and dragged from his wheelchair.

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
Quote by Lost Dog
Exactly. The fact that hes in a wheelchair is totally irrelevant, yet people have so much more sympathy for him because of it, and the article is written around the fact he was in a wheelchair. So what? He was rioting, he was a perceived risk, and he was dealt with in a way anyone would in a situation where there are a ton of people out to get a police officer.

He was doing jack shit. He was one of many, many peaceful protesters who was mistreated.

Do you even know what this is about? This is going back to December.
Quote by EMGs_rule

Lets face it, he did not deserve the treatment he got, end of. It was practically police brutality, just because he's a dick doesn't mean he deserved to be hit with a baton and dragged from his wheelchair.

not to mention if i was stuck in a wheelchair i would be bitter and likely an asshole.

*disclaimer* no way was that meant to be offensive

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by EMGs_rule

Fuck free speech, this isn't America.

That = incitement to riot.
Quote by bequickorbedead
Fuck free speech, this isn't America.

That = incitement to riot.

i could tweet "go kill a person", and not get arrested

but if he tweets "theres a riot here! come join" thats incitement to riot and deserves to be arrested?

you act as though the rioters have no choice in the matter because he posted it, instead they blindly follow him.
The only people guilty are the rioters.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at Aug 24, 2011,
Quote by Lost Dog

The fact that he's in a wheelchair isn't irrelevant at all. Indeed, it's a pretty huge part of the story. The fact that news outlets are focusing on the wheelchair is what's irrelevant. Complaining about that is akin to saying "His parents let him eat ice cream for dinner when he was a kid!" It doesn't have anything to do with the gross misconduct of the police force.
Last edited by due 07 at Aug 24, 2011,
Why didn't he press charges or something before those 6 months passed?
Quote by Lost Dog

Wheelchair protester

It's the point that a guy in a wheelchair is not anywhere near as much of a danger to the police and is a vunerable member of society, he could have been killed. They hit him with a baton, they aren't even trying to deny being in the wrong except they've left it long enough to make sure the people involved got away with the crime. It's a case of a corrupt police force looking out for their own, it was obvious from day 1 that nothing was going to happen to these officers who did this though, can't say i expected a non corrupt justice system.
Remember he didn't get pulled out during the last riots but in the student protests.
Quote by JimmyBanks6
i could tweet "go kill a person", and not get arrested

but if he tweets "theres a riot here! come join" thats incitement to riot and deserves to be arrested?

He has several thousand followers who most likely share the same views as him and are quite likely did carry out his suggestion.

Surely it shouldn't make any difference whether he's out on the street with a megaphone getting people to riot or over the internet?

Quote by Zoot Allures
Read what you just typed. Go on.

Quote by bequickorbedead
He has several thousand followers who most likely share the same views as him and are quite likely did carry out his suggestion.

Surely it shouldn't make any difference whether he's out on the street with a megaphone getting people to riot or over the internet?

Surely it should. If you are there, you are part of the riot, if you are at home, you are not.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6
Surely it should. If you are there, you are part of the riot, if you are at home, you are not.

I'm not talking about rioting here, I'm talking about incitement to riot which is also an offence.
Page 1 of 3