Just wondering if anyone has experience with this. Everyone in our band is 17 and we've been asked to support Animals As Leaders this Friday which is an over 18's event. We have messaged them saying but got no reply yet, do you think we'll be able to play?

Thanks
Hey, that's pretty awesome. I can't answer your question though :p
❒ Taken ❒ Single ✔ Would like a sandwich

Vereor Deus

Quote by dann_blood
Branding!?!? THAT'S TOO PROGRESSIVE! I say bring back settlement payments in weights of lead and impalement upon wooden stakes!

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Oh! Sorry, I thought that was a braille name tag.
you should, I was playing at bars with my band last year when I was only 14 they just stampted our hands and we were set
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
That's happening to my this weekend, filling in for a mate's band. The organisers don't seem to mind/haven't noticed though, so we're not gonna make a fuss.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
yeah, it should be fine. i played at a bar not too long ago. im 15. that proves it should be fine
It depends on the regulations that are in place in your jurisdiction, as well as how much the venue cares about them.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
That's good to hear that most people seem to be fine with it. I really hope we can play because it would be awesome supporting such a well known band xD Still worried though :/
Last edited by Lr-Mtb at Aug 24, 2011,
Quote by UnmagicMushroom
That's awesome! It should be fine...but if you don't say anything then no one will take notice

We've sent a message to them saying we're all 17 because another local band had the same situation and hey ended up getting banned from a few places :/
should be fine so long you dont try to buy drinks
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
I see you're a fellow Cornishman. Congrats on getting the gig, never really listened to AAL, but I've heard good things. What is your band's name?
Gear:
Ibanez S470DXQM
Laney GH50L - Laney GS212IE
Boss GE7
MXR Wylde OD
Boss DD2
Boss CE20
Walden G570
If you're the performing act, they'd probably let you in. Depends on the place and how whether or not the guy in charge is a douche or not.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
If you're the performing act, they'd probably let you in. Depends on the place and how whether or not the guy in charge is a douche or not.

Yea I thought it would be something like this, i'm hoping anyway :/

Quote by Sir Daniel
I see you're a fellow Cornishman. Congrats on getting the gig, never really listened to AAL, but I've heard good things. What is your band's name?

Hey! Yep, well i've been in Cornwall for most of my life anyway :P Same i've never really listened but heard the name. We're called Convex, link in sig if you're interested :P
Haha awesome.

My first "true" gig (outside school) was in November last year, opening for a fellow local band, in a pub. Me and my bassist were both 17 at the time.

It's cool, there should be no problem.

Except one guy in the audience came up to me with a beer and told me to drink a sip after having sung an 80's-style heavy rock song which clearly killed my breath and forced my vocal chords quite a bit

I wouldn't worry about it.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Esperanza Spalding, Vulfpeck, Caravan Palace

It is I, the mighty shitkicker, as prophesied by JustRooster. Obey me.
Got a message back saying that we are alright to play, we just can't drink or bring friends under 18 with is fine. Thanks for the help guys!
Carlos Santana was playing bars when he was like 7. I don't see why you shouldn't be able to play at 17.
Quote by JohnSmith85
Carlos Santana was playing bars when he was like 7. I don't see why you shouldn't be able to play at 17.

Were the bars in Mexico?

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Holy ****, that's awesome. But anyway, the bassist for my friend's band played an 18+ gig before he was 18, he just got a wrist-thingy so he could get in, and wasn't served any alcohol.

Anyway, good luck, hope you nail it! You've got a lot to live up to.
Just grow facial hair, they`ll never know the difference. Yet another problem solved by the stache.
I'm just like the Jonas Brothers,

I'm no longer relevant and write mediocre music.

Quote by JohnSmith85
Is this a trick question?

I was going to point out that you can't compare playing while underage in Mexican bars fifty-ish years ago to playing while underage in England in the present.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
You'll be fine. My band supported Malefice a few weeks ago which was an over 18s gig, we're all 17 except one who's 16 and all they did was stamp our hands meaning we can't get served at the bar

Shouldn't be any problems mate Good luck with the gig!
Check out my fitness blog here
Quote by rockingamer2
I was going to point out that you can't compare playing while underage in Mexican bars fifty-ish years ago to playing while underage in England in the present.

When in history has England or Mexico ever been a safe place?
I'm 17 and my band regularly play over 18 gigs in different pubs and clubs. You'll be fine, just don't expect to get sold alcohol

They usually will sell you alcohol if you try
Quote by element4433
What if the way their wieners were positioned they could only pee into each other's mouths?

And one had his finger joined to the other's butthole?

PLAY
UG
MINECRAFT

Or don't. Yeah don't.
I remember during a large summer festival, one band wasn't allowed to play on the Jagermeister stage because he was underage. I doubt a small venue would do something like that, though.
Normally depends on the venue. Normally if the venue don't have any suspicion they'll just assume your over 18 and not ID anyone in the band. They DO want you to play but are bound by licencing.

By emailing you may have shot your self in the foot bud.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
If they've asked you to play, they've already done the research and know that you can play the venue. I have a friend that plays in bars all the time and one of my family members was playing bass in bars with his band when he was 17, so I don't see why you can't play in a 18 and above show.
I did it for years. It depends on the bars and the area. If it worries you that much then ring the bar and ask if its okay, most bars shouldn't have a problem.
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
The same thing has happened to many bands. One example that I think is funny though is when Alice in Chains first started out, everyone was old enough to play in bars but Layne Staley, so the rest of the band said that they'd get shitfaced while layne had to wait in the parking lot in the snow until it was time to get on. Once they finished the set, layne would have to quickly get out. Hopefully if you have to wait in a parking lot, it wont be snowing.