My band will most likely be playing gigs in coming months and I'm worried that my Eden RS115 won't cut it as we start to play larger gigs. It's great for practice and recording but i'm not sure if it has the power for larger stages.
Looking for:
Preferably a head and cabinet, might build my own cab
Any brand
budget for now is $500 without trading things in
an example of what we play http://www.facebook.com/#!/feedingciacco?sk=app_178091127385
thanks in advance.
Bassist/Vocalist-Visceral Violation
Mesa-Boogie Big Block 750/SWR Megoliath
Warwick Corvette
I assume that the Eden has the option for a secondary cabinet? I would suggest just buying a second cab.

Also, remember that the sound the audience hears comes from the FOH P.A., so there isn't really any need for anything much bigger. A Sansamp BDDI going line-out to the sound-desk would probably serve your needs.
yeah must buy another cabinet

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
yeah i'm building a 2X12 cabinet right now, just not sure if the 120 watts the Eden is pushing would be loud enough to be heard over the drums, vocals, and guitars. Also the PA would be reserved for the vocals, especially at a few of the places we are getting gigs at. That and the set up time we have is very limited.
Warwick Corvette
Quote by joey-only
yeah i'm building a 2X12 cabinet right now, just not sure if the 120 watts the Eden is pushing would be loud enough to be heard over the drums, vocals, and guitars. Also the PA would be reserved for the vocals, especially at a few of the places we are getting gigs at. That and the set up time we have is very limited.

The Eden can technically put out 340(ish) watts, when paired with a second cabinet.

Personally, I go with this - if the venue isn't big enough to have the other instruments go through the PA, then you probably don't need more than a 4x10/1x15.
did some research, found out that Guitarcenter incorrectly labeled it as a RS115 when it was actually a N15S.
Warwick Corvette
TBH, for your budget, I can't really imagine getting anything significantly better/louder for that sort of budget (considering the Eden NS15S retails at over $600) :/
any particular cabinets that you think would be good for the job?
Warwick Corvette
bigger stages often mean your cabinets will be mic'ed through the board. can you be heard over your drummer with 300 or less watts? when we were playing death metal, i blew out a 600 watt head trying to get over the drummer. at that point i got a 1000 watt head and played it in rehearsal through a 1x18 cab and a 2x10, and i could get over most drummers, even our very loud (but very good) one, and could fill medium sized clubs with bass without being mic'ed.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Make sure to put some low midrange in your sound around 100hz and some around 1.5k to cut through, and add on a 2x12 cab. You should do well.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores