not if you set it up properly.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
You would need to go to thicker gauge strings, and you would need to adjust your truss rod and intonation.
Yep, it's impossible, Nobody has ever tuned to C or lower ever.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by Levi79
This. If you tune that low your neck will crack in 17 places. Every band that tunes to C is actually just using a pitch shifter.

I once tuned that low. I must have missed C by a quarter of a step or so. I guess it's a good thing I did.
C is such an evil note. I play a C anywhere on both of my guitars, and all the strings on it go out of tune. C# is perfectly fine, and so is B. but the god damn C note...

(sorry, i now feel like making jokes with the rest of you guys)
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
I once tuned a Fender Custom Shop Strat to C. It became an Epiphone Les Paul Special II. Don't do it.
Quote by pedromiles101
Just adjust your truss rod and intonation for it and you'll be fine.
I tuned my Ibanez to C one night and the neck literally blew off... the bolts holding it into the neck pocket shot out and got lodged into my ribcage while I sat with the guitar... it took months of rehabilitation to allow me to breath correctly and sit with my guitar again...
Ibanez S2170FB Prestige + Crunch Lab
Ibanez RG1570MRR Prestige + Crunch Lab
Taylor 214CE
Peavey 6505MH + Orange PPC112 + TS9 + ISP Decimator + MXR 10-Band EQ

Watch and subscribe to my guitar ventures!
Search Nick Catelli on YouTube
last time i tuned to C my guitar imploded almost taking my arm with it, so i stay away from it now
Gear
Epi Goth Explorer
Schecter Demon 7
Jackson JS30 Rhodes (modded)
Line 6 POD HD500
Roland Cube 60
You guitar will catch on fire, Sorry bro, it just can't be done. I wish there was a way.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss