So what are your thoughts... I hear alcinos age over time and have more sound??? music capablities??? Your input??
alnico

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yup. Alnico magnets have way more sound..

ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
a question without an answer
I'm a dude, he's a dude, she's a dude, we're all dudes HEY!
Ceramics were used a lot in the 80's i believe to get lots of power, except back then they didnt sound as good, now...dunno never tried em. Read a book about pups though
Quote by jsspang
So what are your thoughts... I hear alcinos age over time and have more sound??? music capablities??? Your input??

I am no a scientist but I am pretty sure that everything ages over time... not just alcino pickups

But yeah ceramics are best for shredding or this is what everyone says, and crap for everything else.
Ceramics are more powerful, just like solid states are more reliable as amplifiers.
But with all tone snobs come the pet peeves, so if you like how alnicos sound, which generally do sound better, then stick with that.
Cusp of Magic
ceramics are bright and crisp, alnicos are imo more musical. Ive heard excellent examples of both, so you need to listen to clips of your pickup types and decide...I also love some alnico II pups like SD pearly gates--better cleans imo.
I've played some g&ls with ceramic pickups (S-500, Comanche, ASAT Special). They have a distinctively glassy, slick sound. Think "Peace of Mind" solo. Ceramics don't sound half bad, but if I had to have one guitar with either Alnico or ceramic pups, I'd choose Alnico. Much better for vintage/traditional toanz.
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
I prefer AlNiCo 2-3 for cleans and bluesy dirt stuff other than that it's ceramics for high gain.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Ceramic magnets generally give higher output, and are tighter sounding, but they will often have a harsh high end.

Alnico usually have lower output and sound more 'rounded', and they are more dynamic (better response to picking dynamics). There are some high output Alnico pickups though (BKP Nailbomb and Warpig, and the Dimarzio ToneZone)

Personally I like a high output Alnico or medium-high output ceramic bridge pickup, and a medium output, Alnico neck pickup.