Page 1 of 4
So Apple CEO Steve Jobs has resigned... Vibes ?

Here is the just released letter from Steve Jobs: *** PRESS RELEASE: Letter from Steve Jobs August 24, 2011–To the Apple Board of Directors and the Apple Community: I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple’s CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come. I hereby resign as CEO of Apple. I would like to serve, if the Board sees fit, as Chairman of the Board, director and Apple employee. As far as my successor goes, I strongly recommend that we execute our succession plan and name Tim Cook as CEO of Apple. I believe Apple’s brightest and most innovative days are ahead of it. And I look forward to watching and contributing to its success in a new role. I have made some of the best friends of my life at Apple, and I thank you all for the many years of being able to work alongside you.

source: http://blogs.wsj.com/deals/2011/08/24/steve-jobs-resigns-as-apple-ceo/
I hope they didn't spend money on that huge building yet...

edit: I think this marks the beginning of their decline, sadly.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Aug 24, 2011,
I guess the jobs too difficult for him.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
So I guess he just said "iQuit"

EDIT: Ninja'd
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
It'll be kind of weird not having Steve Jobs as the CEO of Apple.

Not that I like Apple very much or anything, but it'll be weird.

Quote by Xiaoxi

And nothing of value was lost...
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by Xiaoxi
I hope they didn't spend money on that huge building yet...

As long as he doesn't leave Apple entirely, his opinions will remain to be heard. It might also be time for new geniuses to stand up and do something unexpected. I wouldn't rule them out just yet.

Edit:
Quote by hawk5211
Sadly? Not really.

You want stuff to suck? Are you a masochist or something?
Last edited by frankv at Aug 24, 2011,
hmmmmm

I just left my Job

does this mean there is an opening at apple????
lol

is the next product going to be the Apple P45???? lol I'm pleased with that one lol
Quote by Metalmarathon
The concept of self-fulfilling prophecies never seem to occur to the ones that always create them.

Attic Green
My Band
Is his resignation health related?
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
I can see the company going down in flames these next few years without him in charge. I won't be shedding a tear when people stop buying ipods and mac computers as status symbols.
Quote by L2112Lif
I actually wouldn't be surprised if quality started going up because releases started to be timed sensibly again.

This is what I'm thinking.
Quote by hawk5211
Sadly? Not really.

Considering that many of Apple's technologies are the core of the industries that I'm going into and heavily vested in, it IS sad to say. Not everyone is an angsty teenage pseudo nerd who thinks he's totally being unique and enlightened by bashing Apple.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
If he stays on as Chairman he'll still have a huge say in how things are done there.

I honestly don't care what people have to say about Apple. iTunes is simple, convenient, and easy to use. It works for what I want to use it for.
Wait, so someone else will come have to do all the douchey press releases/statements Jobs used to be responsible for?
Quote by institutions
If he stays on as Chairman he'll still have a huge say in how things are done there.

I honestly don't care what people have to say about Apple. iTunes is simple, convenient, and easy to use. It works for what I want to use it for.

Actually, iTunes is probably one of the worst things they've ever done.

But I'll agree that outside of iTunes they are simple, convenient, and easy to use.
I hate apple. Right now they're trying to get Ipads placed in our schools to somehow "enhance" our learning experience.
Who will wear black shirts and hold products now?!
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by institutions

I actually really hate it. I have a iPhone, and I had synced some photos to it in the past. I wanted to get rid of them a few days ago, so I unchecked the 'sync photos' box. then it said 'do you want to delete the photos already synced?' so I said yes. THEN it said 'syncing will delete all apps from your device'.

And I was mad, so I just SSH'd into my phone and deleted the shit manually.

/story
Quote by LRCGUITAR
This. Also I can predict already that the iPhone 6 will be shit.

Holy shit, iPhone 6! Where was I for iPhone 5...
I'm just like the Jonas Brothers,

I'm no longer relevant and write mediocre music.

if its health related i wish he recovers from it.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WaterGod
I hate apple. Right now they're trying to get Ipads placed in our schools to somehow "enhance" our learning experience.

I know the feeling bro, I just hate it when people try and dump expensive computer technology on me for free
Quote by WaterGod

Yeah, your physics project would be to beat Angry Birds, what`s so bad about that. I`d feel enhanced.
I'm just like the Jonas Brothers,

I'm no longer relevant and write mediocre music.

Quote by WaterGod

yeah man that really sucks.

meanwhile at my school i can click start internet, walk leisurely across campus, buy a soda and be back to the computer before the internet has loaded.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Quote by Dirge Humani
Its not free, the school has to pay for it.

Quid pro quo, school taxes.

....so our stupid parents have to pay for it, big whoop!
Quote by Dirge Humani
I actually really hate it. I have a iPhone, and I had synced some photos to it in the past. I wanted to get rid of them a few days ago, so I unchecked the 'sync photos' box. then it said 'do you want to delete the photos already synced?' so I said yes. THEN it said 'syncing will delete all apps from your device'.

And I was mad, so I just SSH'd into my phone and deleted the shit manually.

/story

I can understand why you'd be mad.

Perhaps I like iTunes because while I do have an iPhone and iPod Touch, I don't actually use any apps at all besides Facebook. I purely use my iTouch for music and jailbroken apps/games, and my iPhone purely as a phone.
Meh, okay.

*Not a single fuck was given that day.jpg*
Last edited by SlayingDragons at Aug 24, 2011,
Quote by LRCGUITAR
I know the feeling bro, I just hate it when people try and dump expensive computer technology on me for free

You don't really get it for free, you just borrow it and use it during class. They also disabled most of the Aps on it so you can only use educational ones.
Quote by WaterGod
You don't really get it for free, you just borrow it and use it during class. They also disabled most of the Aps on it so you can only use educational ones.

I still don't see how this is a problem
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Quote by WaterGod

Still, you get to use an iPad instead of staring at a wall for an hour. I see no problem.
Page 1 of 4